watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official Silly Season January Transfer Thread 2020/21

Started by Friendsoffulham, December 20, 2020, 03:59:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Denver Fulham

It's been mentioned repeatedly on this board that our FFP position likely requires us to sell if we want to buy anyone significant this window. Mitrovic is the obvious candidate -- would fetch a good fee, isn't particularly useful right now to how we are playing and not being in shape. If you can sell him and offload Seri and add a better version of Cav plus a right winger, you wouldn't do that? I highly doubt Mitro would stay with us for another Championship season, so keeping him for that purpose seems fanciful. I love Mitro, but maybe it's time.

HillingdonFFC

Quote from: Jim© on January 08, 2021, 03:50:53 PM
I mentioned Boulaye Dia from Reims a month or two ago, but see hes' now being linked with other teams. Would be a good, cheap (relatively) option who I really believe would score goals. 10 in 16 this season.

Yes please, looks like a few English clubs sniffing around him now though

rebel

Clearly will be more leavers then arrivals (Good luck to the guys that move on) - Please add rumors to the thread

IN's

Gayle - Newcastle - papertalk (it's been suggested for many years)
Tufan - Fenerbache (we have quite a bit of depth in midfield)
Babel - Galatasaray (I've started this rumor - just makes sense at this moment - we need someone who can finish)

OUT's

MacDonald
Johansen
Seri
Kamara
Ream
Le Marchand

Moltobueno

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Moltobueno on January 09, 2021, 07:54:08 AM
Everton want to get rid of Moise Kean, thoughts?

He fits the requirements Fulham desperately need.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Finnans Right Peg

Does anybody think that Mitro will hang around if we get relegated ,I dont think he will and I don't blame him he already stayed once and owes us nothing so maybe we are better off selling him as long as we can bring in at least 2 replacements for him that suit our new style of play better .It needs to be 2 players beacuse if we only bring in 1 we are still a striker short

Craven Mad

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on January 09, 2021, 08:29:12 AM

He's supposedly very happy at PSG, scoring for fun (8 in 11 games) and is expected to be staying with them for £30m.

I think it's unlikely to happen...

@jolslover

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on January 09, 2021, 08:29:12 AM

He is class but is bossing it with PSG at the moment so there's no chance we could get him unfortunately
STH H3

Arthur

Quote from: The Rational Fan on January 09, 2021, 03:33:10 AM
I understand, we probably need another Premier League Striker to increase our odds of staying up to greater than 50% and to buy another Striker we need to sell Mitrovic or Anguissa this window. But, Fulham would be foolish to sell Mitrovic, just to have a chance to stay up, because we will need him if we go down. Every Club with financial problems thought short-term, we must not do the same.

Thinking short-term can be the correct thing to do. It depends on the probability of success. If Parker assesses, for instance, that selling Mitrovic and bringing in striker X would increase our chance of staying up from, say, 1-in-4 to 3-in-4 (25% to 75%), then it's absolutely the right thing to do. It would only be the wrong thing to do if - were we to be relegated - the consequences of no longer having Mitrovic were deemed too great. But that's far from evident.

First, Mitrovic may not stay. Second, even if he did, there's no guarantee he'll score 26-odd goals for us again. Indeed, seeing as half of those were scored in the opening third of matches and he became less effective the longer the season went on, it would be misguided to have the same expectations next time around. Third, we could still expect to mount a promotion challenge with a striker other than Mitrovic.

And from a financial standpoint, it can't do more harm than buying without selling.

In my opinion, if money from the sale of Mitrovic buys us a better striker than we can afford if we don't sell, it would be a gamble in which the odds would be in our favour.

Barrett487

Fulham man free to leave if they receive 'a good offer' – Club won't 'actively' look to sell

http://sportwitness.co.uk/fulham-mitrovic-sale-january-good-offer/

Aleksandar Mitrovic is free to leave Fulham this month after falling down the pecking order under Scott Parker.

That's according to Het Niewsblad, who say the striker will not be actively pushed out the club but is free to leave should an offer arrive.

Mitrovic has found himself increasingly out of the picture at Fulham in recent weeks. He started the season as first choice and maintained that until the end of November.

He's started one league game since then, last month's 1-1 draw with former club Newcastle, and instead played a substitute role.

Mince n Tatties

LC

What does everyone think about bringing Alfredo Morelos into the club? He's still fairly young and can improve and he doesn't have to much of a dissimilar strike rate to Moussa Dembele when he was there. It's a gamble but I think it's one worth taking

Mince n Tatties

Today's paper gossip.
Charlie Austin gone back to QPR.
Everton and WBA looking at Josh King.
Moussa Dembele,Lyon to Atletico Madrid.

Hoppus

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on January 10, 2021, 05:51:39 AM
Today's paper gossip.
Charlie Austin gone back to QPR.
Everton and WBA looking at Josh King.
Moussa Dembele,Lyon to Atletico Madrid.

Josh King scored two goals last night.

Andyb

Should try go for Adam Armstrong, he's so good. Quick, strong and knows how to finish. Get him for 20m at the most.

AnOldBrownie

Yeah...I know we're a "small club" and all, but Ivan Perisic would make everyone, including Mitro, look better.

Would love to bring him in.

We Are Premier League

Quote from: Andyb on January 10, 2021, 09:51:11 AM
Should try go for Adam Armstrong, he's so good. Quick, strong and knows how to finish. Get him for 20m at the most.

I actually think Bburn could agree to sell him, they are not going either up or down this season ans there is only 1.5y left on his contract...Ike Ugbo is another name that i would be interested in, apparently for sale at 5m.