watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official Silly Season January Transfer Thread 2020/21

Started by Friendsoffulham, December 20, 2020, 03:59:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deeping_white

Mainz are struggling this season and Boetius is still having a half decent season, could be a cheap pickup for a right winger/ central attacking midfielder, and he's also played as a centre forward for them when needed and done quite well when played there.

Denzil Dexter

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on January 11, 2021, 10:50:16 PM
Guess I don't care which players we get, as long as we bring them in ASAP.   

They need familiarize themselves with our players and our attack.   Hell...even Ryan Babel alone would be a good depth signing.  And he already knows the club.
I agree. Tony got the right defenders in but if he'd done it a few weeks earlier we'd be outside the bottom 3!

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on January 11, 2021, 08:02:33 PM
Ade Akinfenwa incoming.

Mitrovic is working hard to become stronger than Ade Akinfenwa ever was.

BarryP

TRANSFER TRACKER STATUS: Report

Update, Monday, Jan. 11 @ 5:30 ET -  Moises Caicedo is set to sign for English Premier League side Brighton & Hove Albion according to Argentine journalist Cesar Luis Merlo. Atlanta United had reportedly been one of the handfull of teams in the running for the highly touted Ecuadorian prospect.

/photo/1
"Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense."

Woolly Mammoth

Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Denzil Dexter on January 12, 2021, 12:08:53 AM

They need familiarize themselves with our players and our attack.   Hell...even Ryan Babel alone would be a good depth signing.  And he already knows the club.
I agree. Tony got the right defenders in but if he'd done it a few weeks earlier we'd be outside the bottom 3!

Who (out of the central defenders) do we think that we could have got in earlier in the window?

Are we suggesting that Tony Khan should have loaned in "Jochim Anderson" when he was a starter in the Olympique Lyon team for their first three games this season? Or our we suggesting Tony Khan should sign him after he realized he wasn't the Clubs Centre Back for the Season? Note, 24 hours after Anderson's third game on the bench for "Olympique Lyon", Tony Khan signed him.

Could we seriously have signed Anderson earlier?  I doubt it.

Are we suggesting that Tony Khan should have signed "Tosin Adarabioyo" when he was given the sixth homegrown player spot in the Manchester City squad? Or, after he discovered that they will Manchester City will only need five homegrown player's this season? Note, ten days after Tosin wasn't named in the EFL Cup team, and five days after ManCity recruited Rúben Dias, which ended his dream of playing for ManCity, Tony Khan recruited him.

Could we seriously have signed Tosin earlier?  I doubt it.

We could have recruited Kongolo earlier, but he couldn't have played earlier.

Jeroen

@rational fan - I agree, but this window we have two 'must win' games on the 26th and 30tb of January - if we want a striker that makes an immediate impact iT needs to be before these games. loose both and only bringing in Messi might save us. Tongue in cheek offcourse, but a) getting a striker to join us if we lose both is going to be more difficult and b) it would be even more risky forking out heavy on a striker.

(Not saying we will lose those games without a striker, but it's for all obvious to see that we miss goals at the moment)

sarnian

Quote from: The Rational Fan on January 12, 2021, 04:23:23 AM

Who (out of the central defenders) do we think that we could have got in earlier in the window?

Are we suggesting that Tony Khan should have loaned in "Jochim Anderson" when he was a starter in the Olympique Lyon team for their first three games this season? Or our we suggesting Tony Khan should sign him after he realized he wasn't the Clubs Centre Back for the Season? Note, 24 hours after Anderson's third game on the bench for "Olympique Lyon", Tony Khan signed him.

Are we suggesting that Tony Khan should have signed "Tosin Adarabioyo" when he was given the sixth homegrown player spot in the Manchester City squad? Or, after he discovered that they will Manchester City will only need five homegrown player's this season? Note, ten days after Tosin wasn't named in the EFL Cup team, and five days after ManCity recruited Rúben Dias, which ended his dream of playing for ManCity, Tony Khan recruited him.

It amazes me when people criticise TK for leaving business until late in a window. Do they have any idea how the transfer system works. Nearly all deals are done late simply because players, clubs, and especially agents try and screw the best deals they can get.

S.F.Sorrow

Quote from: Jeroen on January 12, 2021, 07:56:27 AM
@rational fan - I agree, but this window we have two 'must win' games on the 26th and 30tb of January - if we want a striker that makes an immediate impact iT needs to be before these games. loose both and only bringing in Messi might save us. Tongue in cheek offcourse, but a) getting a striker to join us if we lose both is going to be more difficult and b) it would be even more risky forking out heavy on a striker.

(Not saying we will lose those games without a striker, but it's for all obvious to see that we miss goals at the moment)

Yes, West Brom and Brighton are definitely 'must win' games.

But what happens if we spend a lot of money on a striker an lose both these games? We could be in serious problems with FFP if we're relegated.

In some ways it might be wiser to wait until after these two games before we spend a lot of money on a striker. If we win both games, go for it. If we lose both games, prepare for FFP in the Championship. I know this isn't what most of us want so I'm just playing devil's advocate here but I have a feeling our rectruitment team may have different scenarios for deadline day depending on the outcome of these two games. Which also means that I don't expect new arrivals anytime soon.

KJS

None of us know our target players or whether they are available even if we do want them, the current Covis situation is up in the air so getti g players in may not be straight forward and the new rules on bringing players in for Europe are stringent so patience is needed plus how many club have managed to bring in any decent players so far🤔

rebel

Clearly will be more leavers then arrivals (Good luck to the guys that move on) - Please add rumors to the thread

IN's

Gayle - Newcastle - papertalk (it's been suggested for many years)
Tufan - Fenerbache (we have quite a bit of depth in midfield)
Babel - Galatasaray (I've started this rumor - just makes sense at this moment - we need someone who can finish)

OUT's

MacDonald
Johansen
Seri
Kamara
Ream
Le Marchand

rebel

Quote from: KJS on January 12, 2021, 08:25:34 AM
None of us know our target players or whether they are available even if we do want them, the current Covis situation is up in the air so getti g players in may not be straight forward and the new rules on bringing players in for Europe are stringent so patience is needed plus how many club have managed to bring in any decent players so far🤔

Yes, that's why the business really needs to be done quickly, leaving stuff till the last minute means the club could potentially miss out on all it's targets. We simply are not scoring enough goals, although we are creating some 'good chances'. 13 goals in 15 games is ridiculous.

WokingFFC

Quote from: sarnian on January 12, 2021, 08:08:07 AM

It amazes me when people criticise TK for leaving business until late in a window. Do they have any idea how the transfer system works. Nearly all deals are done late simply because players, clubs, and especially agents try and screw the best deals they can get.

👍

Also people need to appreciate that it has been said that we need to sell / release players before we can buy. TK cannot make others buy our players

Statto

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Agree

rebel

Quote from: sarnian on January 12, 2021, 08:08:07 AM

We haven't exactly been 'go getters' in the transfer market, we've gone in the opposite direction to 2018 (all deals were done late), we've become to conservative, 'fans asking why didn't we go for him etc'. Because 2018 was a 'bad' experience for the Khan's transfer wise, it's easy to be too cautious.

Chelsea, Man Utd, Man City, Arsenal and others don't wait until the last minute, the market works for them.

filham

In our last three matches we have played 90 minutes without scoring. Will this fact change TK's policy of waiting until late in the Window in the hope of picking up bargain basement buys.

Maidstone Lee

Quote from: filham on January 12, 2021, 11:06:58 AM
In our last three matches we have played 90 minutes without scoring. Will this fact change TK's policy of waiting until late in the Window in the hope of picking up bargain basement buys.

Think we all know the answer to this one!
Stand up if you still believe!
@LeeWarner19

sunburywhite

Daniel Levy says Tottenham transfer critics have no grasp of difficult market

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/daniel-levy-tottenham-transfer-critics-no-grasp-difficult-market-a4540931.html

I know this wont please all the TK bashers but even the hreat Daniel Levy says "As we know the activity always happens in the last week of the window."

Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

rebel

Quote from: sunburywhite on January 12, 2021, 11:20:35 AM
Daniel Levy says Tottenham transfer critics have no grasp of difficult market

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/daniel-levy-tottenham-transfer-critics-no-grasp-difficult-market-a4540931.html

I know this wont please all the TK bashers but even the hreat Daniel Levy says "As we know the activity always happens in the last week of the window."

That's a 'self fulfilling prophecy' comment, he started the last minute transfer business thing (before that I remember transfers being spread out over the window), now he's saying 'all the business happens in the last week of the transfer window', go figure.

rebel

Quote from: Maidstone Lee on January 12, 2021, 11:53:34 AM
Quote from: 70sPimlico on January 12, 2021, 11:21:50 AM
Quote from: Maidstone Lee on January 12, 2021, 11:10:50 AM
Quote from: filham on January 12, 2021, 11:06:58 AM

Think we all know the answer to this one!

I do. I think he's a bitter old goat that posts lots of sourness on a forum and somehow turning our purchase of Antonee & Tosin into a negative is just a sign of his state of mind

Ask yourself this. If Kmac & Stefjo's time at the club is now at an end and they are going to leave this window. Is the fact they have not already left down to TK, or is it, in fact that the players and their agents are waiting to the last possible time to get the best possible deal for themselves and their clients?

Sorry are you referring to me or Filham here?  :016:

Lost in translation, I think they are talking about 'goats'.