watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official Silly Season January Transfer Thread 2020/21

Started by Friendsoffulham, December 20, 2020, 03:59:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mullers OG

Everyone can see we need a new young, running striker with some pace and skill.  They don't grow on trees. Our recruitment team are, I hope, working through their list. It may not be easy to convince someone of the class required to take the risk of relegation. It may also be dependent on making space in the 25 first. Sales of the likes of MLM and Kamara won't be easy.

Another 2 1/2 weeks to find out.

We Are Premier League

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on January 13, 2021, 04:37:33 PM
When I saw Rui Fonti play away at Ipswich,I thought we had a player there..But like lots of cases it went pear shaped..Where is he now?

He scored 6 for Braga last season

WhiteJC

Report from Europe claims Anderlecht want to loan Fulham star Aleksandar Mitrovic

According to a report in Voetbal24, Anderlecht are keen on bringing Fulham star Aleksandar Mitrovic in on loan this month.

This comes just days after EuroSport claimed that Fulham are ready to listen to offers for the Serbian striker.

It's fair to say that Mitrovic has been off the pace this season, he's only scored two league goals for Fulham, and he's rarely seen in the starting XI these days, starting just one league game in the past two months.

Unfortunately, it seems as though Mitrovic is out of favour at the Whites, which is a real shame considering his goals fired them to promotion last season.

Mitrovic, of course, has played for Anderlecht before, so he may not be opposed to a return to Belgium, and perhaps even more interestingly, he was due to re-join the Belgian outfit on deadline day in 2018, before Fulham's late swoop saw him join the Cottagers.

Mitrovic certainly has history in Belgium, and he's scored plenty of goals there in the past, so this sort of move could be exactly what he needs to rediscover some of the confidence he seems to have been lacking in recent weeks.

From Fulham's perspective, loaning out their only recognised number nine without getting a replacement in first makes very little sense, but with links to Dwight Gayle still circulating, they may soon have a Mitrovic replacement through the door.

It remains to be seen whether or not the ex-Newcastle United man heads out this month.

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2021/01/13/report-from-europe-claims-anderlecht-want-to-loan-fulham-star-aleksandar-mitrovic/

Bracken White

Have to say that, although rumours, any talk of Mitrovic leaving would be absolutely crazy. He's not had the best of times of late, true - but lets be honest nor has our service to him on field.
Times like these we should persevere & I feel confident that he'll come good.
Stay Fulhamish ~ stay unique

LC

Islam Slimani has completed his free transfer from Leicester to Lyon.

Meanwhile, Lyon have announced the loan of striker Moussa Dembeleto Atletico Madrid until June 30.

LC

If Mitrovic leaves we need to bring in 2 strikers.

He needs to stay and play until we bring in a another striker.

He should start up top with BDR

AnOldBrownie

Send back RLC, bring in Daniel James from United.

His final 3rd decision making isn't great, but his change of pace would be a good addition to our front line.

Still want Ryan Babel too.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: We Are Premier League on January 13, 2021, 06:03:32 PM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on January 13, 2021, 04:37:33 PM
When I saw Rui Fonti play away at Ipswich,I thought we had a player there..But like lots of cases it went pear shaped..Where is he now?

He scored 6 for Braga last season
👍

YoungsBitter

Did I miss it earlier who has Onoma and Kogolo taken the place of in the registered 25?
Quark, strangeness and charm

sarnian

You can chop and change your 25 on a daily basis during the January transfer window and when the window closes you have to register 25 till the end of the season.

VegasFulham

Signing somebody like Boulaye Dia would help us a lot. French football screwed their TV contract so everybody in France can be a bargain.

Also, Adam Armstrong from Blackburn is a good player too that can probably be bought somewhat cheaply.

colinwhite

Just consider the following.  Cavaliero is a new signing and makes his debut with that performance last night. Everyone would be raving about us finding a quick skillful forward whofits the bill!!
The question is if we can find anyone better than what we already have,that will improve the team. If Cavaleiro keeps up that level of performance and RLC continues the progress he showed last night its going to be hard to get into that team.

Jeroen

Quote from: colinwhite on January 14, 2021, 07:35:21 AM
Just consider the following.  Cavaliero is a new signing and makes his debut with that performance last night. Everyone would be raving about us finding a quick skillful forward whofits the bill!!
The question is if we can find anyone better than what we already have,that will improve the team. If Cavaleiro keeps up that level of performance and RLC continues the progress he showed last night its going to be hard to get into that team.

Maybe, but for most of the game we didn't have anyone in the box to cross to (highlighted by the commentators last night) it's no good having to play nice football, but have no-one in the box to Finish them

joef

I have mixed feelings. It's like Bobby Decordova Reid - if he had been signed this season we would be raving about him.
I like Cav, I think he gives his all, whether it always works out for him is debatable but I cannot fault his heart.
I do however strongly believe that an out and out goal scorer would change this team for the better. A genuine threat through the middle would be the final piece to puzzle.
I know they are not easy to find but by God would we be a handful to opposition if we had one.

rebel

Cav is not a new signing, yesterday was his best performance for us in the Prem, it will be interesting to see where his performances go from here. He really needs to be much, much better in everything he does.

colinwhite

My point was ,can we find someone better than what we have on a low budget or loan deal? doubtful without spending big money.

Holders

Anybody of the right calibre would need to come on loan as no-one of that quality would sign permanently with us 18th.

That said, they also need to be the right personality to fit into what is undoubtedly a "team".

Talk of Mitro going this month is crazy when it's additional firepower that we need.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

FFC1987

Quote from: colinwhite on January 14, 2021, 09:52:55 AM
My point was ,can we find someone better than what we have on a low budget or loan deal? doubtful without spending big money.

Not necessarily. Tosin, £1.5m, Anderson, £2m, Anderson, Areola, Lookman, Lemina and RLC all on loans that I don't think have broken the bank for us too badly. Players and deals are out there. Just finding the right player at the right price is the tricky bit.....

Fulham Tup North

Quote from: FFC1987 on January 14, 2021, 10:34:11 AM

Not necessarily. Tosin, £1.5m, Anderson, £2m, Anderson, Areola, Lookman, Lemina and RLC all on loans that I don't think have broken the bank for us too badly. Players and deals are out there. Just finding the right player at the right price is the tricky bit.....
Also, do they still need to score highly on Khan juniors Laptop matrix programme??
Is that still the final 'Tick in the box's??
COYW
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

Statto

Quote from: FFC1987 on January 14, 2021, 10:34:11 AM

Think Tosin was about £8m but structured in some way, Lemina seems to have fitness issues preventing him from consistently starting, and the others would all cost £20m-£30m to buy. I'm inclined to agree with Colin...