Main Menu

The Official Silly Season January Transfer Thread 2020/21

Started by Friendsoffulham, December 20, 2020, 03:59:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeroen

Quote from: Deeping_white on January 28, 2021, 11:30:50 PM
?s=21

We want to bring Josh Maja home in a swap for Seri

Haha its like the board is reading this forum and realised: Oh sh/t we could have done this with Galatasaray and Diagne, ok, let's try it with Bordeaux and a much lesser option if it's not to late.

NOTE: I'm not sure he is a lesser option, but his scoring records doesn't fill me with hope - it seems we might as well give one of our younger lads a go)

bencher

As soon as I saw the link to Bordeaux I looked up the forwards in their squad to see which dud we would try to add to the deal; Maja was the obvious candidate. I haven't see too much of him but I doubt he is the answer to our problems.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: bencher on January 29, 2021, 07:35:30 AM
As soon as I saw the link to Bordeaux I looked up the forwards in their squad to see which dud we would try to add to the deal; Maja was the obvious candidate. I haven't see too much of him but I doubt he is the answer to our problems.

I don't know anything about him, but I recall a seeing lot of scepticism about bringing in Lookman and look how that turned out.

Mince n Tatties

Start of window it was all about Dwight Gayle.
That's went quiet.🤔

JoelH5

Quote from: Mitrovic the warrior on January 29, 2021, 07:38:21 AM

I don't know anything about him, but I recall a seeing lot of scepticism about bringing in Lookman and look how that turned out.

Josh Maja is the old Sunderland striker from the documentary
I was there, standing in the Putney end

Whitestone

Quote from: JoelH5 on January 29, 2021, 08:52:36 AM

Josh Maja is a 22 year old Londoner who was on the books at Fulham as a youth player. He made his name whilst at Sunderland in League 1 and featured heavily in the Netflix documentary Sunderland Til I Die. He looked decent from what I saw and secured a move to Bordeaux as his contract was running down and he didn't want to resign with Sunderland. At the time I thought he'd be a good option for us as a Championship side. He was scoring goals for fun.  Could be worth a gamble considering our current position and he is a centre forward.

JoelH5

Quote from: Whitestone on January 29, 2021, 09:15:21 AM

Josh Maja is a 22 year old Londoner who was on the books at Fulham as a youth player. He made his name whilst at Sunderland in League 1 and featured heavily in the Netflix documentary Sunderland Til I Die. He looked decent from what I saw and secured a move to Bordeaux as his contract was running down and he didn't want to resign with Sunderland. At the time I thought he'd be a good option for us as a Championship side. He was scoring goals for fun.  Could be worth a gamble considering our current position and he is a centre forward.

Could be worth a gamble but I think Mitro looked like his old self in the 15 mins he played so that's promising
I was there, standing in the Putney end

Lordedmundo

Probably not quite in the same class as Lookman, but after checking his goal reel from last season on YouTube (not the necessarily the most reliable analysis obviously) - he looks to have a little bit more quality than Kamara.  Which I guess is the best we can hope for at this stage...

The Nigerian posse have done pretty well for us so far, so a thumbs up from me.

Slaphead in Qatar

Maidstone Lee

Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on January 29, 2021, 10:13:47 AM
West Brom and West Ham also linked with Maja

Can't imagine West Ham going for him as they've just loaned in Lingard and signed Benrahma on a permanent today and West Brom are bringing in the chap from Galatasaray and Ainsley Maitland-Niles from Arsenal.
Stand up if you still believe!
@LeeWarner19

FulhamStu

Could be a good move if we become a championship side.

finknottle

Quote from: Whitestone on January 29, 2021, 09:15:21 AM

Scored the winner against us on his league debut in the 17/18 season when Sunderland finished bottom of the league and we were promoted. Chris Coleman was still manager of Sunderland at the time.

jayffc

Maitland Niles...an upgrade on Cav/BDR in RW/RWB?
Wouldnt have minded that loan if we brought in a striker too

Jimmy Hill

Daniel sturidge anyone 31 years old? Could play on the counter. No risk till the end of season?

PaulJ123

Think Maja would be a decent option, Gayle's still the top option for me

Tempest

Quote from: Jimmy Hill on January 29, 2021, 11:19:37 AM
Daniel sturidge anyone 31 years old? Could play on the counter. No risk till the end of season?
There must be an issue keeping clubs away from him. Cannot understand why not already snapped up. No for me.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Live in Falmouth!

Friendsoffulham

Jimmy Hill

Quote from: Tempest on January 29, 2021, 11:39:23 AM
There must be an issue keeping clubs away from him. Cannot understand why not already snapped up. No for me.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

He got banned for his brother betting on him moving too sevillia. Micah Richards wrote a piece on him last window on the BBC. I'd imagine parker will know him. Match fitness could be an issue.

Slaphead in Qatar

Quote from: Friendsoffulham on January 29, 2021, 11:44:20 AM

That looks a bit more promising regarding Maja. He's not ideal but he may prove to be what we need. His goal scoring record in ligue 1 is not outstanding but also not bad.

filham

I thought we had written off any hope of a new striker in this window but am I right in thinking that a move away by Seri could just let in a new player on a loan basis. Also have we until Monday night to achieve this.