watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Spurs games possibly moving to Wednesday night

Started by WestSussexWhite, January 11, 2021, 08:38:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

We Are Premier League

I'm not too upset about this change, already focusing on Brighton on the 26th and WBrom on the 30th. Any point before that is just a bonus.

rebel

Quote from: We Are Premier League on January 11, 2021, 01:10:26 PM
I'm not too upset about this change, already focusing on Brighton on the 26th and WBrom on the 30th. Any point before that is just a bonus.

Yes, but it could also mean that we lose ground on Brighton and Burnley. Some points would be good.

Pieter A’dam

this is bad for us .... I can't imagine that Anguisssa, Andersen, Lookman will be match fit.

Arthur

Quote from: Dodger53 on January 11, 2021, 10:52:41 AM
A few years ago the qpr cup game would have been replayed this week without such a biq squad or so many subs. Is the whole world going soft. It is great they are still playoing during the pandemic and they do just need to get on with it. Didn't someone say it's better to play than train.

Exactly. I'm astounded by the whinging here.

Hold the front page: Club asked to play Wednesday and then again Saturday at short notice.

And some seem to have forgotten the original cancellation was at our request.

humussapiens

Just confirmed at FFC Twitter:

FFC vs Spurs - Wednesday 13 Jan, 20:15
FFC vs Chelsea - Saturday 16 Jan, 17:30

KJS

Quote from: rebel on January 11, 2021, 01:02:11 PM
Quote from: scotto2000 on January 11, 2021, 12:55:30 PM
Spurs match now on Amazon Prime on Wednesday. Classic sods law as I cancelled my subscription this morning.

My Prime Renewal is 15th January, so was meant to be, the guys need to put in a performance and win. Granted preparation for the match would have been done.

Had to be played so makes sense this season is going to be tough on every team and it doesn't benifit any team more than another so your comment is irrelevant

Jules

I am not happy about this coming up at short notice and out the blue. I am mainly thinking of several of our 1st team who were isolating due to COVID. I just hope the key players are fit enough for Weds as we ideally need a couple of points from the Spurs and Chelsea games to avoid being too cut off from 17th and above. The PL favouring the big clubs again. Perhaps they will ask us to play Burnley on Sunday or Monday as well?! :023:

sarnian

We did not request the cancellation. All we did was notify the Premiership of the positive cases and they made the decision to postpone on the grounds of safety to BOTH teams. We had more cases after that date and those players could have played and passed on the virus to others.

Jeroen

The decision is probably the right one looking at Tottenham's fixtures and considering that we asked to move the game (as in it was our fault) Also I'd rather have the game out of the way than planned in towards the end of the season right  before a 6 pointer!

What baffles is how late the decisions were made - the call off came on the day of the game. And this decision should/could have been made before the weekend - poor poor planning for an organisation where so much money is involved.

Also, I'm sure Scott & co are not stupid and would have expected this to happen and would have taken this into account with the qpr game and prep for spurs/chelsea

Southcoastffc

Presumably we were 'invited' and agreed to these rearrangements.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

rebel

Quote from: KJS on January 11, 2021, 01:22:54 PM
Spurs match now on Amazon Prime on Wednesday. Classic sods law as I cancelled my subscription this morning.

My Prime Renewal is 15th January, so was meant to be, the guys need to put in a performance and win. Granted preparation for the match would have been done.

Had to be played so makes sense this season is going to be tough on every team and it doesn't benifit any team more than another so your comment is irrelevant

What comment is irrelevant?

rebel

Quote from: sarnian on January 11, 2021, 01:25:12 PM
We did not request the cancellation. All we did was notify the Premiership of the positive cases and they made the decision to postpone on the grounds of safety to BOTH teams. We had more cases after that date and those players could have played and passed on the virus to others.

Absolutely, good to see facts posted.

rebel

Quote from: Southcoastffc on January 11, 2021, 01:26:41 PM
Presumably we were 'invited' and agreed to these rearrangements.

Pressured, what are we going to do against the 'almighty prem league'. 

rebel

Quote from: Jeroen on January 11, 2021, 01:26:12 PM
The decision is probably the right one looking at Tottenham's fixtures and considering that we asked to move the game (as in it was our fault) Also I'd rather have the game out of the way than planned in towards the end of the season right  before a 6 pointer!

What baffles is how late the decisions were made - the call off came on the day of the game. And this decision should/could have been made before the weekend - poor poor planning for an organisation where so much money is involved.

Also, I'm sure Scott & co are not stupid and would have expected this to happen and would have taken this into account with the qpr game and prep for spurs/chelsea

We had momentum in our favour, not sure what the 'break' will do to the team.

Dodger53

My 30 day free trial runs out on the 15th so chuffed that I can watch it now.

rebel

scotto2000

Email Amazon, Customer Services, explain the situation, ask them if you could reinstate the Prime as you've been unable to get sustained picture quality on your TV. Tell them you've been in two minds at to whether to keep it. See what they say. They want people to keep Prime.

Twig

it's going to be the new normal during Covid.  If we want professional football to continue rather than be suspended we just need to suck it up.

rebel

The previous match was postponed with 3 hours to go. So we must of been prepared to play the match up to that point. Maybe we wouldn't of had enough subs, who knows the 'truth'. I'm thinking the Premiership were 'overzealous' in their actions. 

Tabby

Quote from: rebel on January 11, 2021, 02:25:39 PM
The previous match was postponed with 3 hours to go. So we must of been prepared to play the match up to that point. Maybe we wouldn't of had enough subs, who knows the 'truth'. I'm thinking the Premiership were 'overzealous' in their actions.

I'm not sure it was overzealousness as much as the FA dragging their feet to a decision. They could have updated us on the possibility that we'd have a midweek game before the cup game as well. Didn't change things for the Spurs squad much as they were up to play amateur footballers, but I'd imagine there'd be some differences in the squad for the QPR game if we knew that there was a midweek game coming up.

The Rock

When we had 46 games in the Championship and playing a match every third day it wasn't a big deal. We've had two + weeks rest now so not sure it's really that big a deal.

Not sure how you go from a scenario of "too many fixtures and the lads are knackered" to "the lads haven't played in ages and lack fitness" in just a few weeks.