watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Spurs games possibly moving to Wednesday night

Started by WestSussexWhite, January 11, 2021, 08:38:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WestSussexWhite

The athletic reporting that the Villa-Spurs game may be off due to covid outbreak but they may make us play them instead. Not quite sure that's very fair, they will then move the Chelsea game to Friday night...it means we will be play 4 games in 11 days. Big teams taking precedent again! It takes a week to work on a team tactically, they are giving us possibly 2 x days

FFCBadger

both our second strings were playing this weekend so I guess it's a reasonable enough ask.
My issue is the Chelsea game, needs to be Sunday at the very earliest but then we've got no time to prepare for Man U!?

WestSussexWhite

The Chelsea game will likely be moved to the Saturday, not the Sunday.

Tempest

Quote from: WestSussexWhite on January 11, 2021, 09:43:46 AM
The Chelsea game will likely be moved to the Saturday, not the Sunday.
Will the TV company allow the game to be moved?

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Live in Falmouth!

Woolly Mammoth

If the Spurs game is rescheduled to Wednesday, surely they will move the Chelsea game to Saturday I would have thought. Which may not be ideal, then again although our cup match v Rangers went to extra time, very few players played 120 minutes as we fielded 16 players. One was Rodak in goal, the others were RBL who cannot play v Chelsea, Mitro and Ream who may not not figure in either.
We have hopefully Areola, Zambo, Lookman, Lemina, Anderson, Tosin, Cairney and Kamara to come back into the team/ squad. So all is not as bad as it may appear although not ideal and has interfered with Scott's plans no doubt. Unfortunately if it does happen it is what it is and we will have to get on with it. All the more reason for the owners son to get his backside into gear and bring in a striker and winger asap to help pick up precious points.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

filham

Oh dear what a muddle, surely the outstanding Spurs game can wait a while.

rebel

Quote from: WestSussexWhite on January 11, 2021, 08:38:25 AM
The athletic reporting that the Villa-Spurs game may be off due to covid outbreak but they may make us play them instead. Not quite sure that's very fair, they will then move the Chelsea game to Friday night...it means we will be play 4 games in 11 days. Big teams taking precedent again! It takes a week to work on a team tactically, they are giving us possibly 2 x days

That's a joke if true, probably to appease Tottenham, after the 'fuss' they caused, 'but they may make us play them instead'.

Tempest

Think this is what football will be like now, too many games in such a short period of time, no competition is prepared to suspend or cancel their tournament due to finance so games will be squeezed in as and when.

Football needs to stop (it won't) or we need to accept this situation could be a regular occurrence.

Live in Falmouth!

Dodger53

A few years ago the qpr cup game would have been replayed this week without such a biq squad or so many subs. Is the whole world going soft. It is great they are still playoing during the pandemic and they do just need to get on with it. Didn't someone say it's better to play than train.

rebel

Quote from: Tempest on January 11, 2021, 10:40:47 AM
Think this is what football will be like now, too many games in such a short period of time, no competition is prepared to suspend or cancel their tournament due to finance so games will be squeezed in as and when.

Football needs to stop (it won't) or we need to accept this situation could be a regular occurrence.

The peeps who thought that postponement was a 'blessing', matches saved up for a 'rainy day', 'be careful what you wish for', the 'dark forces' at the Prem League at work.

Tempest

Quote from: Dodger53 on January 11, 2021, 10:52:41 AM
A few years ago the qpr cup game would have been replayed this week without such a biq squad or so many subs. Is the whole world going soft. It is great they are still playoing during the pandemic and they do just need to get on with it. Didn't someone say it's better to play than train.
True but a few years ago isn't today. I'd be very happy with these games this week if Chelsea were also playing Wednesday. 

Live in Falmouth!

sarnian

We must not see the mighty Spurs upset so we will probably see the arse licking Premiership move the game to satisfy Mourinho.  People above seem to assume that players that missed Saturday will be available but they could all still be isolating.

bill taylors apprentice

If we have the final say, we should politely decline and put all our energy into the Friday home game.

Finnans Right Peg

If the Chelsea game is moved to Saturday the only slight problem left will be how will the players who had covid be affected are they out of their quarantine and would an extra couple of days make the difference in their recovery

toshes mate

This situation has since appeared on the BBC website which claims "PL chiefs have been left scratching their heads ... but it appears all clubs have accepted there will be some incoveniences during this competition ... and the Chelsea game issue can be resolved ...".  Clearly it seems Spurs are not to be incovenienced, but it is what it is. 

PaulJ123

All but confirmed now.

Ridiculous that this has been sprung upon us.

scotto2000

Spurs match now on Amazon Prime on Wednesday. Classic sods law as I cancelled my subscription this morning.

ALG01

It is conformed on the Fulham web site
wednesday for spurs and saturday chelsea

Everything done for the benifit of the larger clubs as usual.

rebel

Quote from: scotto2000 on January 11, 2021, 12:55:30 PM
Spurs match now on Amazon Prime on Wednesday. Classic sods law as I cancelled my subscription this morning.

My Prime Renewal is 15th January, so was meant to be, the guys need to put in a performance and win. Granted preparation for the match would have been done.