more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Spurs games possibly moving to Wednesday night

Started by WestSussexWhite, January 11, 2021, 08:38:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arthur

Quote from: sarnian on January 11, 2021, 01:25:12 PM
We did not request the cancellation. All we did was notify the Premiership of the positive cases and they made the decision to postpone on the grounds of safety to BOTH teams. We had more cases after that date and those players could have played and passed on the virus to others.

Re: Our requesting a cancellation:

This is where I took my information from:

The Premier League released a statement confirming the postponement of Wednesday's fixture, which was a request from Fulham after the club returned a number of positive tests a day before the game.

"Fulham lodged a request with the Premier League Board to rearrange the fixture following a significant rise in positive COVID-19 cases, as well as a number of players showing symptoms today," the statement read.

https://www.90min.com/posts/tottenham-premier-league-fulham-postponed-covid-19-outbreak

Either way, it amounts to the same: the postponement favoured us rather than Spurs.

love4ffc

My guess would be that the TV broadcasters have more say on the schedule then the EPL or clubs.  Villa game is cancelled due to positive covid test, so the TV broadcasters demand a replacement fixture.  EPL agrees because they don't want to lose any money.  Fulham probably have no say, especially since they are not one of the "BIG" PL teams. 

It's all poo and leaves Scotty I'll bet scrambling to prepare and adjust but that is life.  I doubt we will get anything from either fixture but I'm hoping Fulham can give them a good run for their money. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

toshes mate

Quote from: love4ffc on January 11, 2021, 02:38:42 PM
My guess would be that the TV broadcasters have more say on the schedule then the EPL or clubs.  Villa game is cancelled due to positive covid test, so the TV broadcasters demand a replacement fixture.  EPL agrees because they don't want to lose any money.  Fulham probably have no say, especially since they are not one of the "BIG" PL teams. 

It's all poo and leaves Scotty I'll bet scrambling to prepare and adjust but that is life.  I doubt we will get anything from either fixture but I'm hoping Fulham can give them a good run for their money. 

In a nutshell, but the sideshows on here will continue unabated.

hongkongfulham

Atleast we have done the prep work. Video, tactically etc and we arent being forced to play someone out of the blue i.e. united/arsenal.

Selfishly im just happy to be able to watch the lads again so soon, but I think we have a better chance of points against Chelsea.

Will be interested to see who was rested on Sat and who actually caught the thing.

Arthur

Villa v Spurs was on Sky. Our game is on Amazon. Your thinking doesn't add up.

toshes mate

Quote from: Arthur on January 11, 2021, 03:07:24 PM

Oh, so you believe there is a pecking order among those who won contracts that pour millions or even billions into the PL coffers?

Arthur

Quote from: toshes mate on January 11, 2021, 03:18:14 PM
Quote from: Arthur on January 11, 2021, 03:07:24 PM

Oh, so you believe there is a pecking order among those who won contracts that pour millions or even billions into the PL coffers?

If Sky is miffed at having its prime time fixture wiped off its schedule for Wednesday night, replacing it with a game that's being shown, instead, on Amazon doesn't help plug the gap. How will this appease Sky?

Denver Fulham

We wouldn't have played some guys a ton of minutes on Saturday if we knew we were playing Wed/Sat, not just Friday (against a team RLC can't face). To spring this on us after the weekend is ridiculous, even if Scott did prep for Spurs previously. It's competitively dishonest, as Spurs knew they were playing Wed this week regardless, but the league and its refs have been screwing us all season...

Asotosyios

I think it has more to do with the fact that Tottenham still plays in the Europa League and in the, likely, scenario that they will keep progressing, there are simply not enough dates for the rescheduled games in the calendar.

I had a look at Tottenham's and our fixtures when our game was postponed and the only available date was in the beginning of March, if I remember well - presumably, this is when Spurs could play Villa. Also, our home game against Spurs in April could be postponed due to the League Cup final so we need to find another date for this game as well.

Asotosyios

Quote from: Denver Fulham on January 11, 2021, 03:28:37 PM
We wouldn't have played some guys a ton of minutes on Saturday if we knew we were playing Wed/Sat, not just Friday (against a team RLC can't face). To spring this on us after the weekend is ridiculous, even if Scott did prep for Spurs previously. It's competitively dishonest, as Spurs knew they were playing Wed this week regardless, but the league and its refs have been screwing us all season...

I agree, but as someone else mentioned earlier Parker must have already been aware or thought about that and this might have affected his selections for the QPR game.

From our regular starting 11, only Aina played the full game. From the rest:
- RLC - 90 minutes (but can't play against Chelsea on Saturday)
- Reed - 78 minutes (but could be on the bench, with Lemina starting)
- Cavaleir - 67 minutes
- BDR - 53 minutes
- Robinson - 30 minutes

sunburywhite

Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Woolly Mammoth

Let's just get on with it, get prepared to play it on Wednesday, this whinging never happened in the good old days.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Robin

If you substitute Fulham with Liverpool, would the league have forced the same conclusion. I.e. would Klopp or any other Top 6 side just accepted it if if they were made to play at this short kind of short notice. Think not!!! We would have heard the bleating for the rest of the season. Same rules for all !

spoonffc

I'm happy with this, common sense has prevailed which isn't something you can say about the premier league very often. With the long break the boys have had, having two games close together like this might make the boys sharper. Also realistically these are probably two games we've written off so good to get them out the way.

Gezza

Appalling preparation time. I haven't got any snacks in at all !

fcfulham55

Quote from: rebel on January 11, 2021, 01:02:11 PM
Quote from: scotto2000 on January 11, 2021, 12:55:30 PM
Spurs match now on Amazon Prime on Wednesday. Classic sods law as I cancelled my subscription this morning.

My Prime Renewal is 15th January, so was meant to be, the guys need to put in a performance and win. Granted preparation for the match would have been done.

Jesus Christ, prime is like £9 a month. Literally a couple of packets of peanuts? Think it's outstanding value, but if you don't use it fair enough.
Sent from my Nokia 3310

rebel

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on January 11, 2021, 04:08:48 PM
Let's just get on with it, get prepared to play it on Wednesday, this whinging never happened in the good old days.

People are entitled to have their views, but you clearly don't think so. You being thousands of years old.

rebel

Quote from: fcfulham55 on January 11, 2021, 05:22:20 PM
Quote from: rebel on January 11, 2021, 01:02:11 PM
Quote from: scotto2000 on January 11, 2021, 12:55:30 PM
Spurs match now on Amazon Prime on Wednesday. Classic sods law as I cancelled my subscription this morning.

My Prime Renewal is 15th January, so was meant to be, the guys need to put in a performance and win. Granted preparation for the match would have been done.

Jesus Christ, prime is like £9 a month. Literally a couple of packets of peanuts? Think it's outstanding value, but if you don't use it fair enough.

Let me think, Netflicks, Amazon, Sky, Now, BT, etc, you get the picture? Probably not. I use Amazon now and then. I only got Prime for the Fulham matches. It is 'good overall', it pays for itself with the various discounts.   

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: rebel on January 11, 2021, 05:28:05 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on January 11, 2021, 04:08:48 PM

People are entitled to have their views, but you clearly don't think so. You being thousands of years old.

Of course people are entitled to their own opinions, except you, you are exempt as you are a rebel.
I am just making a statement of fact, and talking about facts I am Hundreds of Thousands of years old deriving from the Elephantidae, as obviously history is not your strongest point.
I will say it again so it can sink in little more, too much bleating and feeling sorry for ourselves. We are lucky football at this level is being played at all.
You could be arrested for incitement to raise hostilities on this forum.
So move along there is nothing to see here.
🐘🐘🐘🐘🐘🐘🐘🐘🐘🐘🐘🐘🐘🐘🐘🐘🐘🐘🐘🐘🐘🐘🐘🐘🐘🐘🐘🐘🐘🐘🐘🐘🐘🐘🐘🐘🐘🐘🐘🐘🐘
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Finnans Right Peg

I have no problem with us playing midweek and Saturday and midweek again we did that in the championship.The problem I have is that are the players that tested positive able to play on Wednesdsy and how much did covid take out off them to be able to play again on Saturday.