Main Menu

Spurs games possibly moving to Wednesday night

Started by WestSussexWhite, January 11, 2021, 08:38:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rebel

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on January 11, 2021, 06:01:15 PM
Quote from: rebel on January 11, 2021, 05:28:05 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on January 11, 2021, 04:08:48 PM
Let's just get on with it, get prepared to play it on Wednesday, this whinging never happened in the good old days.

People are entitled to have their views, but you clearly don't think so. You being thousands of years old.

Of course people are entitled to their own opinions, except you, you are exempt as you are a rebel.
I am just making a statement of fact, and talking about facts I am Hundreds of Thousands of years old deriving from the Elephantidae, as obviously history is not your strongest point.
I will say it again so it can sink in little more, too much bleating and feeling sorry for ourselves. We are lucky football at this level is being played at all.
You could be arrested for incitement to raise hostilities on this forum.
So move along there is nothing to see here.
🐘🐘🐘🐘🐘🐘🐘🐘🐘🐘🐘🐘🐘🐘🐘🐘🐘🐘🐘🐘🐘🐘🐘🐘🐘🐘🐘🐘🐘🐘🐘🐘🐘🐘🐘🐘🐘🐘🐘🐘🐘

Thousands of years covers it as far as I'm concerned, no further comment needed, just Googled it.

'The vast majority of woolly mammoths died out at the end of the last ice age, about 10,500 years ago. But because of rising sea levels, a population of woolly mammoths became trapped on Wrangel Island and continued living there until their demise about 3,700 years ago.

12 Feb 2020'

Jules

Man C play Brighton on Weds just before our game, so assuming City do the business, we could get within two points of Brighton with a point ourselves at spurs and still have 2 games in hand on the seagulls. That would be a big boost to us.

ScalleysDad

Quote from: Tempest on January 11, 2021, 10:40:47 AM
Think this is what football will be like now, too many games in such a short period of time, no competition is prepared to suspend or cancel their tournament due to finance so games will be squeezed in as and when.

Football needs to stop (it won't) or we need to accept this situation could be a regular occurrence.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

I think it might. Premiership rugby was already becoming a mess and now the European competitions have been suspended there will be a long list of fixture changes as Prem fixtures are brought forward, sometimes by weeks, at the same time as Clubs are starting to find their bubbles are riddled with holes. Scottish football will stop, cue derisory comments, and it will only take a couple of Prem Club closures and a handful more cancellations and, as we have already seen, order and calm will go out of the window. My knowledgeable chum thinks European Cup competition football will be suspended by the end of January, he is often right, and thereafter we will see fixtures trying to be arranged with no spaces in the calendar and teams possibly putting out patched up teams. That's were the big money boys will have the edge even if they register illnesses as their second string teams will often be good enough.

Of course there will be some people who still think players are virtually immune and a paper cut is worse but governments are at last standing up to the big decisions regarding sport so brace yourselves.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: rebel on January 11, 2021, 06:46:35 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on January 11, 2021, 06:01:15 PM
Quote from: rebel on January 11, 2021, 05:28:05 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on January 11, 2021, 04:08:48 PM
Let's just get on with it, get prepared to play it on Wednesday, this whinging never happened in the good old days.

People are entitled to have their views, but you clearly don't think so. You being thousands of years old.

Of course people are entitled to their own opinions, except you, you are exempt as you are a rebel.
I am just making a statement of fact, and talking about facts I am Hundreds of Thousands of years old deriving from the Elephantidae, as obviously history is not your strongest point.
I will say it again so it can sink in little more, too much bleating and feeling sorry for ourselves. We are lucky football at this level is being played at all.
You could be arrested for incitement to raise hostilities on this forum.
So move along there is nothing to see here.
🐘🐘🐘🐘🐘🐘🐘🐘🐘🐘🐘🐘🐘🐘🐘🐘🐘🐘🐘🐘🐘🐘🐘🐘🐘🐘🐘🐘🐘🐘🐘🐘🐘🐘🐘🐘🐘🐘🐘🐘🐘

Thousands of years covers it as far as I'm concerned, no further comment needed, just Googled it.

'The vast majority of woolly mammoths died out at the end of the last ice age, about 10,500 years ago. But because of rising sea levels, a population of woolly mammoths became trapped on Wrangel Island and continued living there until their demise about 3,700 years ago.

12 Feb 2020'

Yes Wrangel Island off the coast of Russia in the Artic Ocean.
However, I think you maybe confusing me with a Hairy Elephant.
🐘🐘🐘🐘🐘🐘🐘🐘🐘🐘🐘🐘🐘🐘🐘🐘🐘🐘🐘🐘🐘🐘🐘🐘🐘🐘
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

BarryP

"Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense."

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: Arthur on January 11, 2021, 01:17:32 PM

Exactly. I'm astounded by the whinging here.

Hold the front page: Club asked to play Wednesday and then again Saturday at short notice.

And some seem to have forgotten the original cancellation was at our request.

:plus one:

We have a big squad.   If we get feature build up (because of Covid) it's more "real" practice for the players.

We just need to get our two additional attacking signees into camp ASAP imo.