more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Robinson tackle

Started by Jules, January 16, 2021, 06:21:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alfie

Quote from: Enfield on January 16, 2021, 06:26:16 PM
Ref couldn't wait to get the red card out, the most rapid draw you'll ever see.
Don't think any contact was made, Chelsea player faking it.

You need to look again, it was his trailing knee that caught him.

Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

MaximusDecimus

Quote from: Tempest on January 16, 2021, 06:33:57 PM
Did he touch him? Yellow tops.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk
[/quot

Simply do not understand how some on this forum are  saying that was not a red card ??? It was . As blatant  a red card as you will see. if a Chelsea player made that challenge and not seen red this site would be full of utter outrage. Its a red . A ludicrous challenge , an unnecessary challenge that may have cost us a point.

LittleErn

Quote from: itombomb on January 16, 2021, 06:55:29 PM
It's a bad tackle and shouldn't have been made, and when it was you run the risk, but there are two things that really annoy me.

Firstly, if you watch it then we should have actually got a freekick immediately before for Mount pulling back Lookman - that played a big part in the ball going loose and allowing for the 50-50.

Secondly, the reason he gave an automatic red, is entirely due to Azpilicueta's simulation/actions. Ifs and buts but in an alternate reality I would put all my savings on it 'only' being a yellow without the acting, and there is no way VAR turns it into a red card.

I thought I was the only one who saw the foul on Lookman. They'd been bullying him all half. I think that was why Robinson flew in - frustration at no protection for Lookman from the ref.

Texas White

It's there actually any contact? It looks bad but if no contact it should be a yellow

perry geyton

Quote from: The Swan on January 16, 2021, 06:22:49 PM
Just before half time Robinson got sent off. Poor decision from the ref.
No chance of getting anything from this game now. It was very even .

It wasn't a poor decision it was reckless on Robinson's part, absolutely no need for it

Luffy86

Well this result has caused me to open my first tin of beer since Christmas Day!!
Absolutely gutted, they were there for the taking, we could easily of won it, if it wasn't for the mistakes from Robinson and Areola.

Sgt Fulham

When commentators refer to these as 50/50 red cards what they mean is that it will be given to the small teams and not to the big teams. Giroud smashed Andersen in the face after leading with his elbow. Not that it was enough for a red card, but it wasn't even looked at and given the yellow it merited. So sick of red cards ruining games. The game becomes boring and predictable, and I'm held hostage to the game out of loyalty for my team. I would rather be doing a lot of other things with hour I would have saved.

Plodder

Quote from: alfie on January 16, 2021, 07:59:36 PM

Even if there was some contact, Azpilicueta was not hurt.  The triple or quadruple roll accompanied by screams of pain made me momentarily concerned that he had been badly injured, anf I think the referee had the same reaction. Azpilicueta did the same on two other occasions in the game.  Players should punished for attempting to influence the referee in this way.  It would be legitimate both to send off Robinson for an "out of control" tackle while showing a yellow card to Azpilicueta for simulation (wrongly thought by many to be just diving; the word covers feigning injury too in the football laws).

Sting of the North

Quote from: Plodder on January 16, 2021, 08:15:55 PM
Quote from: alfie on January 16, 2021, 07:59:36 PM

Even if there was some contact, Azpilicueta was not hurt.  The triple or quadruple roll accompanied by screams of pain made me momentarily concerned that he had been badly injured, anf I think the referee had the same reaction. Azpilicueta did the same on two other occasions in the game.  Players should punished for attempting to influence the referee in this way.  It would be legitimate both to send off Robinson for an "out of control" tackle while showing a yellow card to Azpilicueta for simulation (wrongly thought by many to be just diving; the word covers feigning injury too in the football laws).

Agree with this. The refs should be much better at punishing obvious theatrics.

Somerset Fulham

It was a red card under current rules, it's difficult to argue with that.

Whether or not the rules are right is a different matter.

daveyork

I have a few views on this. Firstly it was Azpilicueta vocal response that caused this which happened again late on in the game as well, even Garragher commented on this, he is not a nice person. Also earlier today I watched Leeds/Brighton Trossard was 'fouled' bt Ayling (not my favourite it must be said) no where near him and he got booked. Trossard may well have injured but not by Ayling, replays clearly showed this. What is VAR for.

SuffolkWhite

I thought red but Robinson is a young player and will learn. Also we have to be clever as a small club as we will never get decisions our way from Refs.
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

Nero

its wasnt a leg breaker it was trialing leg to unplanted leg, you see them every game yellow at most

Black, White and Fred

I don't think it's biased, even my mates can't seem to make thier mind up and they all support different teams. Half say yellow, a couple say red all day and a couple say harsh red.
'A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.'

Friedrich Nietzsche

3rd Gen Fulham Fan since 1996

bobbo

It was a very silly challenge for me , if azipilacueta gets up it's a yellow but he makes it look worse . No excuse Robinson to blame.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

Arthur

Quote from: _Putney_ on January 16, 2021, 07:55:48 PM
Quote from: SouthIslandWhite on January 16, 2021, 07:08:35 PM
100 times out of 100 tries that's a straight red. Every time. Dumb!

Wrong. ?s=20

There is one distinct difference between Robinson's challenge then and today: his challenge today was with both feet off the ground whereas his challenge then was not. This makes today's lunge more likely to be looked upon as 'out of control' and earn him a red card. I'm not saying Robinson couldn't have been sent off for his tackle then (and if they had VAR, the referee might have been asked to review his decision) but it's not as evident he should go as it was today.

bobbo

Quote from: Luffy86 on January 16, 2021, 08:14:14 PM
Well this result has caused me to open my first tin of beer since Christmas Day!!
Absolutely gutted, they were there for the taking, we could easily of won it, if it wasn't for the mistakes from Robinson and Areola.
and caveleirho

bobbo

Quote from: Southcoastffc on January 16, 2021, 07:33:37 PM
The ironic thing IMO is that the ref should have stopped play for a foul on Lookman just before the ball broke and Robinson made his challenge.   I imagine we'll appeal against the red.
absolutely

Whitesideup

And it was Azpilicueta whose scream of agony got Lookman booked for a nothing challenge. With no crowd, vocal reaction has influenced the ref.

FWIW - my view was it was a big mistake of a challenge that gave the ref the opportunity to take out a red. Harsh decision when you look at how much contact was made, and it wasn't malicious, but it wasn't "an obvious error".  Azpilicueta throwing himself into the air and screaming helped the ref make up his mind, and to be fair, it was very well done. At first viewing I thought he had caught him, but it was trailing leg that made contact when he was already on his way up.

JoelH5

Tad harsh but can easily see why it was a red. Absolutely ridiculous decision to dive in like that..cost us the game
I was there, standing in the Putney end