Main Menu

Team vs Man Utd?

Started by Maidstone Lee, January 17, 2021, 11:34:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fulhamben

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on January 18, 2021, 10:23:26 AM
Quote from: fulhamben on January 17, 2021, 04:21:11 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on January 17, 2021, 01:54:02 PM
I would play Ruben and Kebano before Kamara, they are both footballers, whereas AK is a brainless loose cannon who is unreliable.
So would you risk Fulhams future on a brainless unreliable loose cannon over and above Kebano and Ruben, I doubt it.
AK coming on with half hour to go for a particular reason, I can understand that, but his record in the 100 yards sprint will not save Fulham if he starts matches when there are better alternatives.
so it has be kebano then doesn't it. As both Rubens and cav have been tried as the central man and both have failed badly. I'd call up tiehi Carvalho and jasper. Don't see how they could be any worse.

I agree, I don't think they can do any worse and under the circumstances it is definitely worth a try. Because it appears we are not resolving this baron run of a lack of goals using the same faces.
jasper and Carvalho scored for the 23s away to palace today aswell
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

FulhamStu

Mitro can't have been fit on Saturday or would have at least been on the bench.  If fit, Mitro should play.

ex-Pat

Quote from: St Eve on January 17, 2021, 01:04:00 PM
We need to start winning and to do that we need to score. Therefore Mitro has to play

No Chance.

Jim©

I'd be tempted to give Neeskens a go. He played up front in a friendly a couple of years back and looked really dangerous there. Or AK, as he doesn't know what he's doing next, let alone the CBs marking him being able to read him! (I'm a fan of his by the way).

I just think that miss on Saturday was really poor from Cav and could have cost us the game as we'd come into it and Robinson was sent off after that moment.

Moltobueno

What's the situation with Lemina? Zambo have looked tired in the last games

love4ffc

I thought but could be wrong, that Lemina was still waiting to get a negative test or finish his isolation.  He could be available though on Wednesday so think it's a wait and find out thing. 

I doubt Mitro will be fit.  I'm hoping that Tom will be fit but question his fitness and ability to play 90 minutes.  I like the idea of Lookman up front but wonder if he is the kind of player who needs space and time to make things happen.  Hence why he has been so effective playing the wing.  Pretty much like Bobby on the other side. 

Kebano apparently injured so there goes that option.  AK, I'm losing faith in, sorry to all those who believe he will come true, but I just don't think he is the answer. 

So, with everything considered I agree with the OP that this will be the team put out.  If Lemina can play, then he could be a sub for Reed.  Dropping Reed, I think would be harsh as he has been great in the last couple of games.  If Tom is healthy then I would like to see him be the sub for RLC.  Personnally think he was great before being dropped. 

Areola

Aina      Andersen       Adarabioyo

Tete                                            Bryan
               Anguissa       Reed

RLC                   Lookman

Cavaleiro
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

alfie

Quote from: fulhamben on January 17, 2021, 11:40:10 AM
I think that's what he will go with. At the very least I would swap cav out for ak. Or call up one of the kids. Just want to see one striker start a game for a change.
If I was going to swap Cav out it would be for Kebano not AK
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

fulhamben

Quote from: alfie on January 19, 2021, 09:08:15 AM
I think that's what he will go with. At the very least I would swap cav out for ak. Or call up one of the kids. Just want to see one striker start a game for a change.

and that's your choice. I'd prefer an actual striker on the pitch for once though.

twang

Areola
Tete - Aina - Andersen - Tosin - Bryan
Anguissa - Reed
Kamara - Loftus-Cheek - Lookman

alfie

Quote from: fulhamben on January 19, 2021, 09:10:33 AM
Quote from: alfie on January 19, 2021, 09:08:15 AM

and that's your choice. I'd prefer an actual striker on the pitch for once though.
Fair point, is all about opinions.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Brawn

My XI is a very flexible formation but I'll give it as the 3-4-3 for now:

GK 1 A Areola

RCB 34 O Aina
CB 5 J Andersen
LCB 16 T Adarabioyo

RWB 2 K Tete
RCDM 21 H Reed
LCDM 29 A Anguissa
LWB 23 J Bryan

RAM 10 T Cairney
ST 9 A Mitrovic
LAM 19 A Lookman

If Cairney injured still, then play Lookman there and bring in Cav. That formation allows for a 4-4-1-1 flip or a 5-2-2-1.

Subs: Rodak, Hector, Ream, Lemina, Loftus-Cheek, Kebano, Cavaleiro, Onomah, Kamara

Milo

Instagram quotes Parker that Mitro had an injury against QPR and is fit for Man United.

PaulJ123

Mitro has to play if he's fit. Think he can bully Lindelof/Bailly

I'd go:

Areola
Tete Aina Joa Tosin Bryan
Zambo Lemina (Reed if Lemina not available)
RLC
Mitro Lookman

Southcoastffc

Quote from: Southcoastffc on January 19, 2021, 01:59:09 PM
Storm Christophe is likely to be pretty evident in SW6 tomorrow evening. Let's hope it helps us more than them (and that the new stand hasn't any loose fixings.)
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Mullers OG

I am assuming Cairney isn't fit, that Mitrovic and Lebano are.

Areola

Aina. Anderson. Adarabyio

Tete.                               Bryan

Reed.      Anguish's

LC.           Mitro.           Lookman

Bench:- Rodak Lemina Kebano Odoi Hector Cavaleiro Onomah Ream Jasper

Arthur

Quote from: love4ffc on January 19, 2021, 02:45:53 AM
                         Areola

Anguissa       Reed

Cavaleiro

This is tomorrow's starting XI so I have been informed (by someone who invariably seems to know).

St Eve

Quote from: ex-Pat on January 18, 2021, 04:03:17 PM
We need to start winning and to do that we need to score. Therefore Mitro has to play

No Chance.
I think he is fit to play so he should

fulhamben

Quote from: St Eve on January 19, 2021, 07:57:44 PM
Quote from: ex-Pat on January 18, 2021, 04:03:17 PM

No Chance.
I think he is fit to play so he should
yes it was announced earlier that only kongolo and cairney have knocks. Everyone else is fit.

fulhamben

Quote from: Arthur on January 19, 2021, 07:35:57 PM
                         Areola

Anguissa       Reed

Cavaleiro

This is tomorrow's starting XI so I have been informed (by someone who invariably seems to know).
predicable, but soo disappointing if it is.

Milo

Quote from: fulhamben on January 19, 2021, 09:29:15 PM
Quote from: Arthur on January 19, 2021, 07:35:57 PM
                         Areola

Anguissa       Reed

Cavaleiro

predicable, but soo disappointing if it is.

Well.. it's been effective against the top teams so far recently. I think we should give it 70 minutes then throw on Mitrovic for Cav.