watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Burnley win one match

Started by blingo, January 22, 2021, 08:41:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blingo

And here we go flapping like headless chickens. Come on guys if we start playing Mitro as he should be played, will also start winning games. He just needs that ONE goal to kickstart him and if our players look up and feed him, make no mistake, he will put that ball in the net. I would bring in another striker, but as back up to last seasons top championship scorer.

We will stay up and we will climb the table. 15th and hopefully better. COME ON YOU LILLIES. 049:gif 049:gif 049:gif 049:gif 049:gif

Asotosyios

It's not one match. To put things into perspective, since December Burnley has won 4 games and got 14 points - Fulham hasn't won a game and got 5 points, despite our "great" performances. So, I totally understand it if some people are getting pessimistic.

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 using Tapatalk

blingo

Come on brighten up and believe and we will do it.

Asotosyios

I still believe or hope we can do it, don't get me wrong - lots of points to play for. We need to start winning soon though.

filham

That was an enormous win for Burnley with only their 10th goal of the season.
Also it is difficult to forget that our game in hand is a six pointer at Turf Moor where we last recorded a victory in 1951.
We really have to give Mitro a start next week and get a goal or two at Brighton and bring home 3 points.

blingo

Quote from: filham on January 22, 2021, 10:13:50 AM
That was an enormous win for Burnley with only their 10th goal of the season.
Also it is difficult to forget that our game in hand is a six pointer at Turf Moor where we last recorded a victory in 1951.
We really have to give Mitro a start next week and get a goal or two at Brighton and bring home 3 points.

Agreed, we are playing well but as you rightly say, Mitro HAS to start and our players have to feed him.

Slaphead in Qatar

It's not just about starting Mitro. It's about Mitro taking personal responsibility, seeing his team is in trouble, getting the andrenaline going and putting in performances.

Don't know what's been wrong with him this season. He's been mentally soft.

JoelH5

Lose against Brighton and we'd be 8 points adrift... It's taken 14 games to get 8 points when we've "been playing well". Would also need Brighton to lose every game in that time. Unrealistic. Brighton is a must win game.
I was there, standing in the Putney end

Slaphead in Qatar

Quote from: JoelH5 on January 22, 2021, 10:32:22 AM
Lose against Brighton and we'd be 8 points adrift... It's taken 14 games to get 8 points when we've "been playing well". Would also need Brighton to lose every game in that time. Unrealistic. Brighton is a must win game.

Or at least a must not lose.

Jules

Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on January 22, 2021, 10:50:38 AM
Quote from: JoelH5 on January 22, 2021, 10:32:22 AM

Or at least a must not lose.

It is pretty much a must win when you look at the table. We need to make ground up on those above. I would say WBA is more of a must not lose as this keeps them below us. Stating the obvious but due to our lack of wins we really should be looking at winning both of these to give ourselves the best chance of staying up

Whitestone

Burnley are a very poor side. We will finish above them IMO.

Asotosyios

The funny thing is that lots of people now think that Brighton is a must-win, but when we played them at home and didn't have a proper go at it (even on the last 10-15 minutes) people were happy with the point.

Lordedmundo

I think we will be ok this season - but the delay in getting a decent defence in place, missed penalties and without a doubt some VAR decisions going against us - has cost us a lot of points.

It does look now as if Newcastle and Brighton are two teams we are most able to catch. I still believe we are a better team than Burnley, but Dyche is just a great manager - they always seem able to grind out enough results to be safe even when the squad (on paper) is inferior to every other in the division. However, in order to get enough points to stay up - we probably do need to beat them at least once in the league this season!

FFC In Oz

Quote from: Asotosyios on January 22, 2021, 09:44:55 AM
It's not one match. To put things into perspective, since December Burnley has won 4 games and got 14 points - Fulham hasn't won a game and got 5 points, despite our "great" performances. So, I totally understand it if some people are getting pessimistic.

Thank you for posting some realistic perspective.

St Eve

And Newcastle just lost again

RaySmith

Quote from: FFC In Oz on January 22, 2021, 02:43:51 PM

But if we can go on a similar run to Burnley, we too will climb the table. They looked done for, but had belief, under Dyche, and we can do the same under Parker.

We're creating the chances just not putting them away. Plus we've been so unlucky with ref/VAR decisions.
We're good enough to win games against anyone, not  just our competitors at the bottom of the table. In fact they might be the toughest games, and  we should certainly not give up if we fail to  get max points from them.
These teams  and others, Burnley too, will have set backs before the end of the season.

We have to keep believing, and  playing our football, and hopefully start converting the chances we make in every game.

Whatever, we have to treat each match the same, give it our all. Hoping with a new striker, but i believe our present players are capable of scoring if it comes to it.

This team can stay up.

FFC In Oz

Quote from: RaySmith on January 24, 2021, 03:52:56 AM
Quote from: FFC In Oz on January 22, 2021, 02:43:51 PM

But if we can go on a similar run to Burnley, we too will climb the table. They looked done for, but had belief, under Dyche, and we can do the same under Parker.

We're creating the chances just not putting them away. Plus we've been so unlucky with ref/VAR decisions.
We're good enough to win games against anyone, not  just our competitors at the bottom of the table. In fact they might be the toughest games, and  we should certainly not give up if we fail to  get max points from them.
These teams  and others, Burnley too, will have set backs before the end of the season.

We have to keep believing, and  playing our football, and hopefully start converting the chances we make in every game.

Whatever, we have to treat each match the same, give it our all. Hoping with a new striker, but i believe our present players are capable of scoring if it comes to it.

This team can stay up.

Too many hypotheticals in that scenario.

If we can go on a run like Burnley

If we can put away our chances.

If we can get some luck with ref/VAR.

Fact of the matter is we're 5 points and GD off safety, and that doesn't look like changing any time soon.

I prefer to go by results - and at the moment, we're not doing anywhere near well enough to stay up.

IF we can win a couple of games, then the situation might change, but we haven't won since Leicester.

AJW48361

Question,How many of the Burnley team would you have in the Fulham starting team?

RoyTund

I think their form over the last 6 to 7 games is a bit more to worry about than your claim that they have 'just won one game.'

blingo

When Mitro rediscovers his touch it will feel like we have signed a new striker. Too many have just written him off. He's a damned good player, so lets play him and get the ball to him. There are lots of times when he has played this season that he is standing there waving his armes calling for the ball. Perhaps we should be looking at our wingers and midfield to supply him with the ball more often, but of course for that to happen Parker has to play him.

Everytime he starts I back him to score and also to score a hat trick. It will come but we have to supply him with the crosses.