watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Mitro seems not interested

Started by Slaphead in Qatar, January 24, 2021, 04:23:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slaphead in Qatar

Very poor performance by Mitro today. He wasn't trying and I don't think we can rely on him to get back to form to help our relegation fight.

Somehow we are going to need to purchase a decent striker this week.

colinwhite

Shame to see Mitro. Something isnt right with him .

blingo

Perhaps he may have been interested if they had tried to get the ball to him. He must be frustrated as hell.

RaySmith

I  don't think he wasn't trying- he had no support.

Black, White and Fred

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZZhFIquAJo&ab_channel=ScoutingFootball

This is an interested Mitro for all those saying its a lack of service. Full of running, dropping deep to link play and creating chances out of nothing. If he was older I would accept as this was 3 years ago maybe hes a bit older but he is 26 years old! He should be hitting his prime not dropping away. This is against Champ opposition but you could argue a second string Burnley team is a top half championship team.
'A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.'

Friedrich Nietzsche

3rd Gen Fulham Fan since 1996

Slaphead in Qatar

Quote from: blingo on January 24, 2021, 04:25:49 PM
Perhaps he may have been interested if they had tried to get the ball to him. He must be frustrated as hell.

Come off it Blingo - Mitro wasn't even running around - even Cavahlo showed more energy when he came on.

Plodder

It is not just his overall work rate around the pitch. He seems to have lost the ability to make a crucial half a yard for himself in the penalty area. I hope he recovers that part of his game soon, but it is hope rather than expectation

Sgt Fulham

Its sad to see from a real Fulham hero over the past few years. It will make it easier to move on though, as we need to, and as he needs to.

3 Cherries

Seems to me he is very talented at complaining and falling over

He was given his chance - end off

Still think he should make the bench as we have nobody else :012: :022:

Arthur

Sadly, it would be no loss, in my opinion, if we cashed on him this week.

Parker challenges him to show what he's about and he offers up nothing. His value must be plummeting, but we won't get any more for him in the summer.

bigalffc

Somethings not right, our hero seems to have run out of steam totally. I hope he can get back to the battling goal scorer of last season and before. Come on Mitro light your fire!
Instead of seeing the rug being pulled from under us we can learn to dance on a shifting carpet - Thomas Crum

blingo

Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on January 24, 2021, 04:27:09 PM

Come off it Blingo - Mitro wasn't even running around - even Cavahlo showed more energy when he came on.

He had NO SERVICE at all Slaphead, at least try and get the ball to him. I can't buy that he's useless at all.

john dempsey

Looks to me that the relationship between
parker and Mitro has completely broken down.
IMO.

ScalleysDad

Quote from: 3 Cherries on January 24, 2021, 04:30:47 PM
Seems to me he is very talented at complaining and falling over

He was given his chance - end off

Still think he should make the bench as we have nobody else :012: :022:

Having nobody else is key isn't it. Outside the starting eleven and perhaps three subs we have very little depth and actually a couple of really poor options. It shows we are still in need of a huge rebuilding and consolidation process.

Black, White and Fred

Quote from: blingo on January 24, 2021, 04:36:12 PM

He had NO SERVICE at all Slaphead, at least try and get the ball to him. I can't buy that he's useless at all.

Blingo do yourself a favour and watch this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZZhFIquAJo&ab_channel=ScoutingFootball
Tell me that its a lack of service and not effort that is resulting in these poor showings from mitro. Look how in 2018 he would constantly come deep and link play, not hover on the shoulder of the last defender and walk around!
'A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.'

Friedrich Nietzsche

3rd Gen Fulham Fan since 1996

First State

Inconvenient reality: Mitro is a Championship striker. I know some of you don't want to hear it, but it's as clear as day.

Mince n Tatties

Don't keep on about lack of support to him,watch Spurs....Son and Kane go back to their own goal line to get the ball if nothing is coming into them.

Denver Fulham

Quote from: Black, White and Fred on January 24, 2021, 04:38:55 PM
Quote from: blingo on January 24, 2021, 04:36:12 PM

Blingo do yourself a favour and watch this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZZhFIquAJo&ab_channel=ScoutingFootball
Tell me that its a lack of service and not effort that is resulting in these poor showings from mitro. Look how in 2018 he would constantly come deep and link play, not hover on the shoulder of the last defender and walk around!

Parker asks Mitrovic to play differently than Slav did. He's not a central hub, he's a poacher. His goal total last season masked his decrease in overall effectiveness, even as most of this board noted repeatedly how much worse our attack was overall. Now he's up against better defenders, has also been unfit/out of form, and this is the result.

blingo

But that isn't his style of play is it Mince. He is a player who thrives on crosses and they are not playing them.

Probably not a good day to discuss anything much as I am so seriously dissapointed in our lack of effort and performance today.

filham

I have been crying for Mitro to be recalled against Brighton but not now, he offered nothing today.

I am now switching to Kamara, he does try and has some strength and pace that may cause defenders bother. We really have to try some one different to Cav. up top.