watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

unbelievable

Started by ALG01, February 01, 2021, 11:33:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ALG01

no effort was attempted to bring in a recognised striker in this window.
Does TK think the squad is good enough?
are his other interests obscuring his vision
even for a rank anateur this is very poor
if he were not his father's son he would surely be shown the door.

or i could be missing something. when he said we were a yoyo club maybe he meant hae had it in mind to sabotage the season by not allowing us the privelidge of a foward line worthy of the name. he is surely taking all the fun out of it in a way I have not felt since the loathsome ian branfoot was manager.

Sgt Fulham

Tony is bored with his toy. We will now sit on the shelf forgotten.

Somerset Fulham

We brought one in though?

Lighthouse

Well Parker reported some time ago that we were not likely to bring anybody in. We ended up with one player in who frankly is not really much if any improvement on the players like Kamara and Kabano we let go out on loan. But that may be unfair as we have yet to see him play for us.

But I think it was pretty clear when TK announced in a reply on Twitter that Fulham would have loved to be Yo Yo club when he took over. This does show that despite the fact that TK has made some good signings he has also made plenty of very poor ones and really doesn't understand the club or the fan base very much. He doesn't seem to want to.

There is no doubt we are worse off now than we were before the day started. But I am not frustrated anymore. Like many people who have lots of money and lots of business interests. They show a remarkable ignorance with some of their interests and Fulham look to be a slight annoyance to the Khans after spending money on a ground they can't fill even after the pandemic. They may feel they have spent enough and be looking for a way out after relegation in the false knowledge they left us better off than we were when they came.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Sgt Fulham

Quote from: Somerset Fulham on February 01, 2021, 11:43:45 PM

One that no other Premier League team would want. It is not about signing any striker, it was about bringing quality in to help us survive. Instead we have meekly surrendered and accepted our Championship fate. Inspiring bargain basement signing by our supposed DoF.

Whitestone

It was a decent window. The club offloaded a number of players who had little hope of any game time, and brought in a striker from Bordeaux. With the team seven points from safety and juggling finances it was never going to be an easy window.

Slaphead in Qatar

We tried hard to get Josh King but he chose someone else. That's the way it goes.

Somerset Fulham

Quote from: Sgt Fulham on February 01, 2021, 11:47:47 PM

One that no other Premier League team would want. It is not about signing any striker, it was about bringing quality in to help us survive. Instead we have meekly surrendered and accepted our Championship fate. Inspiring bargain basement signing by our supposed DoF.

Edit.

Its not worth getting into trouble with the mods over.

LC

I don't know much about the guy we bought in and the stats don't look great, but I'm inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt.

If I remember correctly, Louis Saha achieved nothing before he came to Fulham so let's see how this guy does.

I would have liked another attacking player to come in, but I think finances have played a big role here.

On a different note, we moved on a few players, Seri, MLM, Kebano and Kamara which should lower our wage cap nicely

ALG01

Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on February 01, 2021, 11:52:18 PM
We tried hard to get Josh King but he chose someone else. That's the way it goes.

How hard did we try do you think?
I suspect we didn't try at all but did a bit of PR to make it look like we tried.

the player we got seems to be not much better than ak or kebano and at least we know kebano can score coming off the bench. the youtube clips of this new man are underwhelming if they were his highlits.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: ALG01 on February 01, 2021, 11:33:53 PM
Tony Khan knows the team will probably go down without EPL quality reinforcements this season.

Or I could be missing something.
Tony Khan is spending all this season's remaining money on the amoritzating the book value of players not getting game time.

TK's Lesson Learnt
He has learnt that bringing in Babel and Nordveidt was a mistake as it was too little too late; when the money could have been better spent on bringing in Hector and another player for the whole Championship season instead. If we had not bought in Babel, we would have been auto-promoted in the Championship and ready for the PL.

TK's Wisdom
Tony Khan made the right decision to spend the money on "amortization overvalued players", rather than loaning in a "new striker". He isn't going to repeat the same mistakes of 18/19, no point overspending and still going down.

Sgt Fulham

Quote from: Somerset Fulham on February 01, 2021, 11:54:57 PM
Quote from: Sgt Fulham on February 01, 2021, 11:47:47 PM

Edit.

Its not worth getting into trouble with the mods over.

You're a strange guy. Getting abusive over my opinion, grow up.

ALG01

Quote from: The Rational Fan on February 01, 2021, 11:56:50 PM
Tony Khan knows the team will probably go down without EPL quality reinforcements this season.

Tony Khan is spending all this season's remaining money on the amoritzating the book value of players not getting game time.

Tony Khan made the right decision to spend the money on "amortization overvalued players", rather than loaning in a "new striker". He has learnt that bringing in Babel and Nordveidt was a mistake when the money could have been better spent on bringing in Hector and Kongolo for the first half of the Championship season instead.

how do you know either of those things?
However you look at it, staying in the premiership is the most lucrative thing we could have done.
I think you are not correct in your analysis, and to be honest I am not sure I know what "amortization overvalued players' actually means. we kept poor players, some of whom are injured that will be little use in the championship if we do not get in quality forwards.
the ex fulham player that is hardly tearing up france, has been brought in on loan.
are you suggesting TK has thrown in the towel already, no interest in making a fight of it.
If so we honestly do not need hiom and his dad needs to take a deep breath and get rid.

RaySmith

It seemed like we tried hard to get King, offering him a longer contract, and game time - which the Norwegian manager has said he needs if he wants to play for them,  and it was up to the player to decide after his club accepted both offers, this was on all outlets, and he decided on  Everton.

Obviously the club thinks the   new player we've signed does has more to offer than Kebano and AK, is hoping he can score goals to keep us up.

I  reckon the club is pretty gutted not to get King  over the line, with Everton effectively hijacking our bid.

What other  goalscorers were out there for us to sign?

Fulham Tup North

You are all missing the bigger picture here I think.... when we go down, as appears to be the  consensus of the slight majority on here TK gets to have first pick of the draft next season..... that's how it works doesn't it????? The same as the Jags.... ??🏈🇺🇲❤
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

RaySmith

I think the club wants us to stay up, and tried to sign a potential scorer, otherwise why bother?

Of course,  everyone at Fulham must be desperate  for the team to stay up, with all the costs, upheaval, job losses involved in going down, and there is certainly no guarantee that we will come straight back up, in fact, it probably unlikely.

Why invest so much  money in Fulham  to end up in the lower leagues with the shiniest, emptiest new stand ever seen there?

Baszab

Unbelievable decisions being made by someone - and I very much doubt it is SP

So the new geezer gets crocked by Noble against West Ham and we turn to our reserve forwards ... Kebano and AK ?

Biggest load of rubbish since sacking Bobby Robson and flogging Rodney Marsh

Absolutely fuming with this joke of management by the owner's son

The Rational Fan

Quote from: ALG01 on February 02, 2021, 12:02:09 AM
Quote from: The Rational Fan on February 01, 2021, 11:56:50 PM

Tony Khan made the right decision to spend the money on "amortization overvalued players", rather than loaning in a "new striker". He has learnt that bringing in Babel and Nordveidt was a mistake when the money could have been better spent on bringing in Hector and Kongolo for the first half of the Championship season instead.

how do you know either of those things?
However you look at it, staying in the premiership is the most lucrative thing we could have done.
I think you are not correct in your analysis, and to be honest I am not sure I know what "amortization overvalued players' actually means. we kept poor players, some of whom are injured that will be little use in the championship if we do not get in quality forwards.
the ex fulham player that is hardly tearing up france, has been brought in on loan.
are you suggesting TK has thrown in the towel already, no interest in making a fight of it.
If so we honestly do not need hiom and his dad needs to take a deep breath and get rid.

If you don't know what "amortization overvalued players' actually means", then how can you say that Tony Khan has made a huge mistake by "amortization overvalued players" rather than bringing in a Striker.

FYI, "amortization overvalued players" is the DOF decreasing the "book value" of Seri from £10m to about £4m now.  The "book value" is the lesser of the cost of amortization remaining (i.e. £10m for Seri) or his actual resale value (Seri is worth around £4m or less).

In summary, "FFP amortization is how the big clubs", ensure that the small clubs keep their crap players and sell their good players every season. Tony Khan is not the problem, working within FFP makes it very hard to move from yo-yo club to 17th in the premier league.

Holding the core of this team together and improving with the players we have is the best long-term strategy. TK transfer window gets 10 out of 10 marks from me, as I don't want to see a sell-off in the summer.

Nero

Quote from: Baszab on February 02, 2021, 12:13:16 AM

So the new geezer gets crocked by Noble against West Ham and we turn to our reserve forwards ... Kebano and AK ?

Neither has hardly played this season, so no lost, and do you really think parker had no day as to what players left the club

Radiowhite

Quote from: Nero on February 02, 2021, 12:39:36 AM
Quote from: Baszab on February 02, 2021, 12:13:16 AM

Neither has hardly played this season, so no lost, and do you really think parker had no day as to what players left the club
Exactly, they're not good enough anyway and never play. If Parker said they were gonna play they would have stayed