https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The chances we are making

Started by H4usuallysitting, February 22, 2021, 02:18:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

H4usuallysitting

Surely one of these games, we're going to tonk somebody

ChesterTheTabby

If what you say is true, may as well tonk Palace!
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

PaulJ123

We didn't create anything against Sheffield United other than when their defender didn't bother defending who are bottom!

davew

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on February 22, 2021, 02:18:53 PM
Who is going to score the goals?
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Jamie88

But we aren't creating alot, that's our problem..

filham

We are only creating half chances but if we could convert half of our half chances we would be in a much safer position.

Cookie6262

We arnt creating clear cut chances but I do think we have had a slight increase in half chances and pressure/possession in the opposition final third, Parker has mentioned on a few occasions trying to get more bodies in the box and watching the Sheff United game back, the chance where Cavaleiro cut inside and shot over from a tight angle, Maja was in the box, Lookman had worked had to catch up play and was in the box and fair play to Robinson who had got himself in the box despite having been in his own half when Cavaleiro had been played in down the wing.

As I said we haven't been creating clear cut chances but I do believe we are at least trying to commit more men forward to try and fix that. Playing Sheff Utd a team bottom of the league and us controlling possession prob didn't help as they put lot of men behind the ball. It might actually help us to play mid table teams who arnt so defensive ( see Everton) unfortunately Palace under Roy have always played rigid defensive football relying on 1 or 2 creative attacking players on the counter and we may again struggle to create many clear chances.

Fulham Tup North

Quote from: PaulJ123 on February 22, 2021, 05:55:02 PM
We didn't create anything against Sheffield United other than when their defender didn't bother defending who are bottom!
And yet the stats say Fulham Shots = 15 // On Target = 7 .... so "we didn't create anything" is not really true....or fair!!  👍⚽️⚽️ 
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

FFCFOREVER

You must have been watching a different game to me then.

Jamie88

Quote from: Fulham Tup North on February 22, 2021, 06:39:05 PM
And yet the stats say Fulham Shots = 15 // On Target = 7 .... so "we didn't create anything" is not really true....or fair!!  👍⚽️⚽️ 

Are you suggesting we should consider Anguissa's efforts 'chances'

H4usuallysitting

I think we did, and the stats suggest we did.... Maja is also getting himself into good positions

davew

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on February 22, 2021, 07:54:57 PM

I think we did, and the stats suggest we did.... Maja is also getting himself into good positions
Out with the jury on Maja, he does seem to run around a lot and agreed puts himself in some promising positions but he seldom seems to be given the ball, a similar case to what some say about Mitro though I think Maja at the moment shows a lot more effort and desire! I wonder how many touches he has had in 3 games?
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Radiowhite

Quote from: Jamie88 on February 22, 2021, 07:33:50 PM

In the prem, yes. These are the type of shots that need to go in every now and then. It's what helps separate the top teams, showing quality and scoring shots like this

Jim©

Quote from: Jamie88 on February 22, 2021, 07:33:50 PM

No but I'd day the rlc one cleared off the line was a chance!

We Are Premier League

But not many of those 15 shots were clear chances where it looked as if we were about to score. In fact, i think they may have had almost the same number of clear chances (although some of those were offside) as we did.

Lyle from Hangeland

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on February 22, 2021, 02:18:53 PM

You've done the math so the answer must be yes.

General

Those stats are very misleading if you're cross-referencing them against being of a certain quality. A couple of those shots were way off target - didn't even come close/went into row z type behaviour.. there are at least two of Anguissa's that were completely speculative... Cavaleiro also shot straight into their keepers arms from a very tight angle and quite limply, whilst Lookman dragged a shot/pass into the GK's arms... none of any of those tested their keeper at all. And those are just the ones i remember off the top of my head. It's quite a common occurance too and there must've been at least one RLC shanked...

So two of anguissas 2, plus Cavaleiro +1, Lookman +1... RLC +1, that's a minimum, MINIMUM of 5 of our shots (1/3rd - that didn't even test their goalkeeper) that I can remember off the top of my head. We're REALLY poor at taking aggressive/on target shots or passing and our decision making in the final third.

Palace do currently have 26% posession against Brighton and last time I checked were drawing (just seen they've got the typical last minute winner from a counter attack), their usual counter-attacking style. Without Zaha they've been struggling.. if we turn up, we could dare I say it get another 3 points... but whilst i'm being slightly more optimistic because we've got two wins - the one against Sheffield Utd was far from convincing and we were all in all very poor, especially in the final third.

Fulham Tup North

Quote from: General on February 22, 2021, 09:55:47 PM

Those stats are very misleading if you're cross-referencing them against being of a certain quality. A couple of those shots were way off target - didn't even come close/went into row z type behaviour.. there are at least two of Anguissa's that were completely speculative... Cavaleiro also shot straight into their keepers arms from a very tight angle and quite limply, whilst Lookman dragged a shot/pass into the GK's arms... none of any of those tested their keeper at all. And those are just the ones i remember off the top of my head. It's quite a common occurance too and there must've been at least one RLC shanked...

So two of anguissas 2, plus Cavaleiro +1, Lookman +1... RLC +1, that's a minimum, MINIMUM of 5 of our shots (1/3rd - that didn't even test their goalkeeper) that I can remember off the top of my head. We're REALLY poor at taking aggressive/on target shots or passing and our decision making in the final third.

Palace do currently have 26% posession against Brighton and last time I checked were drawing, their usual counter-attacking style. Without Zaha they've been struggling.. if we turn up, we could dare I say it get another 3 points... but whilst i'm being slightly more optimistic because we've got two wins - the one against Sheffield Utd was far from convincing and we were all in all very poor, especially in the final third.
..so what you are saying is, we are getting better? 😉⚽️
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

General

Quote from: Fulham Tup North on February 22, 2021, 09:58:47 PM
Quote from: General on February 22, 2021, 09:55:47 PM

Palace do currently have 26% posession against Brighton and last time I checked were drawing, their usual counter-attacking style. Without Zaha they've been struggling.. if we turn up, we could dare I say it get another 3 points... but whilst i'm being slightly more optimistic because we've got two wins - the one against Sheffield Utd was far from convincing and we were all in all very poor, especially in the final third.
..so what you are saying is, we are getting better? 😉⚽️

No - Definitely not saying that sadly... our finishing/passing/decision making in the final third against sheffield utd was appauling on the weekend, and Sheffield Utd could've grabbed a draw, which shows how vulnerable we are when we play and how thin the margins are.

AJW48361

RLC has missed some massive opportunities in more than a handful of games taken half of those we would be sitting a lot prettier now.