https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Parker keen to keep RLC on a perm contract

Started by Sammyffc, March 04, 2021, 11:23:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dodger53

Quote from: Texas White on March 06, 2021, 01:28:42 AM
I don't understand people on here..

RLC wins tackles, holds the ball up and brings people in to the game. If he wants to stay it's a yes from me.
In my opinion these are three things he doesn't do, add not having the ability to shoot or run. The only positive thing he does is win free kicks by falling over if tackled. The complete player?

MickTheBeard

hovewhite

TC all day long and he even picks injuries up like an allergic reaction to the premier league. RLC ship him back from wherst he came

clarkey

Slow old and mentally fragile. He has no will to win or passion.He has no goalscoring instinct.Just what is the point ?

Apart from that a great acquisition.

And to compare him to Cairney is just ridiculous. RLC is our version of Joe Bugner, looks good to begin with but no KO punch.He is playing better now but it has taken sooo long. If he or Cav were anyway decent we would have seen their names on the scoresheet more than the paultry effort they have added so far.

If we can get Cairney back fit and creative and play him in the right position in this team he will shine again.

HillingdonFFC

Quote from: clarkey on March 07, 2021, 09:18:54 AM
Slow old and mentally fragile. He has no will to win or passion.He has no goalscoring instinct.Just what is the point ?

Apart from that a great acquisition.

And to compare him to Cairney is just ridiculous. RLC is our version of Joe Bugner, looks good to begin with but no KO punch.He is playing better now but it has taken sooo long. If he or Cav were anyway decent we would have seen their names on the scoresheet more than the paultry effort they have added so far.

If we can get Cairney back fit and creative and play him in the right position in this team he will shine again.

Old? He's just turned 25

Twig

Quote from: blingo on March 06, 2021, 04:45:20 PM
Carney our best player? He can't hold a light to Anderson, tete, tosin, areola, or anguissa. Unless of course I'm missing something special about a player that is not quick enough for the premiership.

You're simply falling back on the old "he's too slow" argument. To my mind it's a lazy minded criticism that completely ignores his style of play. You don't have to be capable of 100yds in 10 seconds or to have blinding acceleration, instead you can open play up, get us moving forward and create opportunities through passing and a football brain. And that is where TC scores big time.

To be fair I no longer see him as our best player, for this season that accolade goes to Andersen. But I do see him as one of our better players.

jayffc

Quote from: Twig on March 07, 2021, 02:36:51 PM
Carney our best player? He can't hold a light to Anderson, tete, tosin, areola, or anguissa. Unless of course I'm missing something special about a player that is not quick enough for the premiership.

You're simply falling back on the old "he's too slow" argument. To my mind it's a lazy minded criticism that completely ignores his style of play. You don't have to be capable of 100yds in 10 seconds or to have blinding acceleration, instead you can open play up, get us moving forward and create opportunities through passing and a football brain. And that is where TC scores big time.

To be fair I no longer see him as our best player, for this season that accolade goes to Andersen. But I do see him as one of our better players.

Problem is Cairney has never performed at the top level consistently, yes hes struggled with injuries but it's been a long time since he played at his peak (the slav promotion season)

he's never performed as well as Reed, Tete, Anderson, Areola, Aina, Lookman, in a top league. Even RLC for all the negative this year has done more in the premiership historically than him. Until he performs at his best at this level for more than 1 or 2 games, theres no reason to consider him our best player or even close to it at this point.

Not to slag the guy off, I would love for him to spring back and refind the form of 3-4 years ago but hes hardly been a captain in anything other than name (I'm very grateful Anderson has taken that title who is a more natural leader)
Fantastic in his day but hes got a lot to do to earn  his place in the team again. Hope he does it as if he does it's only positive for us!

LittleErn

Quote from: jayffc on March 07, 2021, 02:58:00 PM

Problem is Cairney has never performed at the top level consistently, yes hes struggled with injuries but it's been a long time since he played at his peak (the slav promotion season)

he's never performed as well as Reed, Tete, Anderson, Areola, Aina, Lookman, in a top league. Even RLC for all the negative this year has done more in the premiership historically than him. Until he performs at his best at this level for more than 1 or 2 games, theres no reason to consider him our best player or even close to it at this point.

Not to slag the guy off, I would love for him to spring back and refind the form of 3-4 years ago but hes hardly been a captain in anything other than name (I'm very grateful Anderson has taken that title who is a more natural leader)
Fantastic in his day but hes got a lot to do to earn  his place in the team again. Hope he does it as if he does it's only positive for us!

I agree.When he is fit again he will get a chance to show if he's good enough. Great if he is. He will need to play the ball forward faster than he has done in the past though. We have players who will make runs - he would need to find them quickly and consistently. The jury is still out.