watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

How would people's view of Mitro change, if he was played and scored

Started by blingo, March 16, 2021, 11:18:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

karldutton

I do believe when people say he could be key. But considering he hasn't played well cause of all the issues he's been having this season. I think setting up a second stricker or attacking midfield (maybe Maja or Decordova) below Mitrovic, would help him a lot. Clearly Mitro and Bobby have a massive connection and can pass it well up front creating loads of open space. I think Mitro should definitely start games at this point cause he does seem to be playing much better now.

bog

Mitro has not got pace but his hold up play and lays offs around the opponent's penalty area are excellent. Ie in the play off final for the 2nd goal and v City in the last game.  As Scott goes for pace I think this restricts Mitro's selection.

092.gif

Craven Mad

My view of Mitro hasn't changed: he's a good striker in a bad run of form. Sadly for him, I think Scott plays a system which doesn't always suit a target man, though, so he's been frozen out. A couple of goals and Scott might have to rethink whether Mitro is worth building his team around.

Ronnief

I would like to see Mitro starting the next match but the thorny question is who is dropped to accommodate him. We still need players to pass the ball to him so do we drop Cav, RLC, Frank, Lemina or Reid. Should Mitro play alongside Maja or should we bring in Jasper or Carvalho. There certainly is room on the bench for the last two as we have several defenders who just sit on the bench and would have no real attacking threat should they come on. Another to consider is Stansfield who together with Carvalho is capable of scoring and assisting goals. Some brave decision making will have to be made over our final games.

abfg

Assuming all fit, Maja and BDCR come in for Cav and RLC. Get our most in form, likeliest to score and influence the game forward players on the pitch. Mitro is so out of form - I'd probably give him a longer sub appearance if needed.

70sPimlico

I think what we get with Mitro and without is a distinctive plan a & plan b. I remember us crying out for a plan B on here not that long ago...and rightly so.

I don't think anyone would disagree that fitting mitro into our current tactics does not work. For him or the team.

The WBA game really showed it to me. Parker picked Mitro quite surprisingly and we went to similar tactics of last season. WBA were set up to deal with how wed been playing and it completely outfoxed them and we were all over them. 2nd half, they changed it and that turned the game around. I actually think at this level, Mitro is quite easy to control, pretty much down to his pace.

The thing that frustrates me with Parker is that when he brings Mitro on, he tends to keep the tactics similar.

In the Premier, I see Mitro as a good weapon to bring on but I think the formation needs to change to get the best out of him. Last season we lost Mitro during lockdown and we were a different team and reaped the benefits an I think that was more to do with how the opposition set up against us. We were a different proposition. Had we continued like that for 20 odd games, maybe it wouldn't have been so successful.

Milo

Quote from: 70sPimlico on March 16, 2021, 01:24:17 PM
I think what we get with Mitro and without is a distinctive plan a & plan b. I remember us crying out for a plan B on here not that long ago...and rightly so.

I don't think anyone would disagree that fitting mitro into our current tactics does not work. For him or the team.

The WBA game really showed it to me. Parker picked Mitro quite surprisingly and we went to similar tactics of last season. WBA were set up to deal with how wed been playing and it completely outfoxed them and we were all over them. 2nd half, they changed it and that turned the game around. I actually think at this level, Mitro is quite easy to control, pretty much down to his pace.

The thing that frustrates me with Parker is that when he brings Mitro on, he tends to keep the tactics similar.

In the Premier, I see Mitro as a good weapon to bring on but I think the formation needs to change to get the best out of him. Last season we lost Mitro during lockdown and we were a different team and reaped the benefits an I think that was more to do with how the opposition set up against us. We were a different proposition. Had we continued like that for 20 odd games, maybe it wouldn't have been so successful.

Agree against clubs in relegation battle we should be playing similar to last year rather than our new counter attack method.

Arthur

Quote from: blingo on March 16, 2021, 11:18:47 AM
To win us our next three games?

No different, I guess, from how your view of Loftus-Cheek would change if he did the same.

WindyCity

I would suspect ANY player wearing a FFC shirt that scores winning goals in the next three games, presumably assuring survival, would be held in high regard if not hero status.  And deservedly so, having saved a very iffy season.  Don't hold your breath.

Dream on........

filham

The choice of striker for the Leeds match and for the rest of the season is critical, we desperately need to improve our scoring rate if we are going to pick up wns. The options are:-

1.Play without a lone central strike but with Lookman and Cav. coming in from forward wide positions. This looked good for 10 minutes against City but then failed.

2. Reinstated Mitro in his old lone striker role.

3. Play Maja and Miro up top in a 4-4- 2 formation.

5.Go back to 4-3-3 with Lookman Maja Reid as the front three with RLC behind them

I think Mitro should start but with more early balls into the box especially from wide positions.

Bill2

Quote from: bog on March 16, 2021, 11:53:21 AM
Mitro has not got pace but his hold up play and lays offs around the opponent's penalty area are excellent. Ie in the play off final for the 2nd goal and v City in the last game.  As Scott goes for pace I think this restricts Mitro's selection.

092.gif
I just watched the full 90 from the City game and he created more chances in the short time he was on than we did in the time before. His hold up play was excellent and the lay off was far superior to anyone else plying up front, just never got a shot away.

Finnans Right Peg

To me its  not about him scoring goals (although I know thats his job),its that he hasn't looked fit and because of this he doesn't get into the correct positions also this season he would rather give out to the ref or a team mate rather than try win the ball back .

We can talk about plan a,b or c but if he isnt doing the basics right he will never score .

A fit and hard working Mitro who smells goals will always be welcome in the team

roberto w6

How would I feel? Delighted for him as he has contributed so much historically and has been an excellent servant. I would continue to play him while in form but unless that form was prolonged and sustained with regular goals from open-play, I do not think he is the guy who we should build our attack around in the PL (Championship - maybe).

I would not sell him. He can do a job as a squad striker. I'd also look at trying to use him in other positions. He regularly challenges for the ball, doesn't easily give it away and usually finds another white shirt to pass to. Could he do a job in midfield (those of you old enough will remember Ray Kennedy making this switch at Liverpool). Also, he could learn to play in the back 4 (I think Frank Stapleton did this switch for Man U). On current form, I'd prefer him there to Hector or Ream. So, I wouldn't sell him but I don't believe he is a PL quality goalscorer.

Would I play him next game against Leeds? Yes, up front with Maja or BDR in a front 2. I've said elsewhere he is not greedy enough to be a prolific goalscorer. He so often finds himself out wide trying to win the ball for the greater good of the team when he should be goal-hanging. With a partner up-front his straying wide wouldn't be such a problem.

Anyone who can (or used to be able to) score should be in our team now. We need to win and who cares if we do it by looking tactically naive or playing boring football. I'd much prefer to fix that next season as a PL side than as a Championship side...

blingo

Quote from: Arthur on March 16, 2021, 03:56:19 PM

No different, I guess, from how your view of Loftus-Cheek would change if he did the same.

My view on RLC would not differ, I don't want him at FFC he is a chelsea player and wants to remain so. Mitro is ours.

blingo

Quote from: filham on March 16, 2021, 04:42:01 PM
The choice of striker for the Leeds match and for the rest of the season is critical, we desperately need to improve our scoring rate if we are going to pick up wns. The options are:-

1.Play without a lone central strike but with Lookman and Cav. coming in from forward wide positions. This looked good for 10 minutes against City but then failed.

2. Reinstated Mitro in his old lone striker role.

3. Play Maja and Miro up top in a 4-4- 2 formation.

5.Go back to 4-3-3 with Lookman Maja Reid as the front three with RLC behind them

I think Mitro should start but with more early balls into the box especially from wide positions.

I'll take no4 Mr Filham hahahahaha

General

I think any criticisms of mitro this season given how little he's played are harsh given his outstanding record for us when he does play consistently. I want him lookman, BDR and Maja all in our team.

Arthur

Quote from: blingo on March 16, 2021, 08:21:25 PM
Quote from: Arthur on March 16, 2021, 03:56:19 PM

My view on RLC would not differ, I don't want him at FFC he is a chelsea player and wants to remain so. Mitro is ours.

I'm not surprised you say your view of Loftus-Cheek wouldn't change. I trust you're not surprised that I don't think my view of Mitrovic would change either.

Tempest

In my 40 years of supporting Fulham Mitro is up in the top 5 strikers for me, he still is.

Obviously there is a problem, none of us know what it is but in my uneducated view he has not recovered from the injury pre play offs, he has played all summer injured and then effectively got Serbia knocked out by Scotland of all teams by missing the pen.

Not fit, short of confidence.

I seemingly live in a delusional world where he and RLC will make significant contributions to us staying up in the last 9 games.

I think Mitro is still vital for us.

Actually, think Mitro is in top 3 strikers for us, struggling with 5.

Saha, McBride, Ivor, Barry Hales, ok, top 5 it is.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Live in Falmouth!

toshes mate

I would hope that Parker's view of Mitro would change if he invested time and effort to finding a system that played to his strengths and took advantage of Andersen's undoubted ability to pick a long pass.   Forget all Mitro's flaws and give him a chance.   Jokanovic did it having struggled with false number nines for god knows how long.  Parker has frustratingly given his go to and wasteful regulars long, long runs without solving the main issue – if you don't score goals you cannot win games.

My view on Mitro has not changed since day one and I believe Parker has created the problem for himself whilst not applying the same principle to his other forwards who cannot hit the target to any good effect week in week out.