watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Are we kidding ourselves

Started by blingo, March 17, 2021, 09:59:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Denver Fulham

We're absolutely in this. We're two points behind Newcastle and they have a match in hand, but their run-in is way harder than ours. We haven't lost to a team outside the top-7 in months, and only have two of those left -- and Manchester United may have nothing to play for on MD37.

I think it will be hard to be done and dusted before the Newcastle match -- we'll need to gain at least 5 points on them in 8 matches (with them playing nine), but it's not impossible. I'd sign right now for any legitimate chance on the final day, though.

Twig

Anyone who thinks we are nailed on to survive is not just kidding themselves, they are delusional. However I don't see many (if any) who see it that way, most of us see a possibility of survival and I don't think that is at all unreasonable.  Like others on here I just want to see us scoring more than one in a game.

bobby01

Quote from: Twig on March 17, 2021, 03:25:01 PM
Anyone who thinks we are nailed on to survive is not just kidding themselves, they are delusional. However I don't see many (if any) who see it that way, most of us see a possibility of survival and I don't think that is at all unreasonable.  Like others on here I just want to see us scoring more than one in a game.

:plus one:
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: blingo on March 17, 2021, 01:59:05 PM
So then would you agree we need to play 442 with maja and mitro up front Mr Woolly?

Hmmm under the circumstances it is worth a try and Leeds may be the ideal opponent, as long as Maja comes deep receives the ball and plays it off Mitro providing of course that we have a decent winger/ wide man as the outlet. Lookman is good but could be so much better if he passed the ball to a player who is in a better position, because eventually some players may not support Lookman on the ball all the time as they will feel they will never receive the ball and when it inevitably breaks down when Lookman gets disposed, then it's a dangerous game because the ball has been lost cheaply and with Leeds they switch from defence to attack very quickly and that is where I feel they will outnumber us and hitting our defence far too quickly.   
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

perry geyton

I was MEGA confident after Liverpool but City took the wind out of me

We simply have to beat Leeds it's as simple as that

Lyle from Hangeland

Quote from: blingo on March 17, 2021, 09:59:29 AM
in believing we can stay up? With key players coming back for other teams in the relegation fight, are our survival dreams realistic? 049:gif 049:gif 049:gif

No, we are not kidding ourselves. We can stay up and probably deserve to stay up, but will we? Time will tell.

The Swan

Four games at home Leeds, Wolves, Burnley and Newcastle we must win all four .
Our five away games Villa, Arsenal, Chelsea , Man United, Southampton.
Out of these five away games I can only see one point from Southampton
Win our four at home and draw one away will 13 points from these games be good enough to stay up.
The Swan

S.F.Sorrow

We can definitely stay up but I fear the most realistic outcome is 2-3 points below 17th. We have a couple of winnable games coming up but they're exactly the kind of games we've struggled with this season. We will probably need 6-7 points from the next 3.

Fulham1959

In our last 10 home league games we have scored 3 goals - probably the worst run in our history.  Major problem.

Survival is in the balance.

FFC1987

One game at a time gents. Right now, I'd say we're probably down (my personal opinion) but we're in much better shape than I ever predicted so it's progressively getting more positive. Much like a win at Leeds would do.

Dunstable Fulham

Quote from: Jim© on March 17, 2021, 12:10:21 PM
Quote from: Dunstable Fulham on March 17, 2021, 10:41:12 AM
We have every reason to be positive for now. My main concern is whether we are going to score enough goals.

I don't see it like that. In our last 6 games we scored 3 goals and won two and drew two (and we've played 6 of the top 8 in our last 9 games)

I understand your point but how many points do you think we will get in our next six games if we only score 3 goals ? This is my point.

Nero

Quote from: Bill2 on March 17, 2021, 12:50:16 PM
I still believe.  We are the best footballing side in the lower half of the table and have taken points off a number of top teams. My only fear is we cannot score, there are too many players with no goals to their name or play in positions where I would expect to see several by now. Need to get a bit more brave in front of goal, possibly hitting the target more often and shooting earlier.

The Problem is we havent taken many points off teams around us, Parker seemed to frighten to attack in fear of losing and this will be the reason we go down, hopefully he has learned from his mistake and go and attack when we play the few games left against other bottom half sides

We Are Premier League

I'm fairly confident that there will be less than 3 point between Newcastle and us going into the last game...us getting 6 point more than them sounds unlikely and them getting 2 points more than us sounds unlikely to.

We basically have another play-off Final...and we love those!!!!

We Are Premier League

Hudds stayed up in the 2017/2018 season despite only scoring 28 goals, we can only score 5 more if we are going for a record...

LittleErn

Quote from: WindyCity on March 17, 2021, 02:31:09 PM
I don't think we are totally kidding ourselves, there is a chance for survival.  The way I look at it right now is that it is a real long shot for FFC to stick.  Real long.  Our achilles heal all season long has been not being clinical enough with final third opportunities.  Simple as that.  And I don't see how that changes overnight or during these final nine games.  Believe me, I hope it does change, and one or two players step forward and become heroes of sorts.  But I'm not holding my breath.  Every game will be pins and needles....

COYW!!

Agreed, but I also think that fortune has not favoured us at all this season. Poor decisions against us, missed penalties, short time between matches leaving us unprepared. If luck evens out (which I doubt) then it might favour us for the rest of the season. We can but hope.

JoelH5

Quote from: We Are Premier League on March 18, 2021, 09:46:35 AM
Hudds stayed up in the 2017/2018 season despite only scoring 28 goals, we can only score 5 more if we are going for a record...

That is 0.55 goals a game (over the next 9). We are averaging 0.75 a game.
I was there, standing in the Putney end

SG

I was reasonably confident after Liverpool but our lack of goals still worries me. I can see us losing these 'winnable games' simply because we are unable to put the ball in the back of the net.

blingo

We have to play two strikers up front and just go for it for the full 90 minutes

SouthIslandWhite

Bottom line: if we don't start scoring some goals, we are done.
There is only one Fulham Football Club.

We Are Premier League

Quote from: SouthIslandWhite on March 18, 2021, 06:47:00 PM
Bottom line: if we don't start scoring some goals, we are done.

I would take three 1-0 victories and three nil nil draws in a heartbeat...