watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Could it just be

Started by blingo, March 20, 2021, 12:39:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blingo

That the problem doesn't lie with eith our defense or strikers, but our midfield not being good enough to create chances for our strikers?

Whitestone

We've had chances all season. Just like tonight better players would have taken those opportunities.

ALG01

Quote from: blingo on March 20, 2021, 12:39:41 AM
That the problem doesn't lie with eith our defense or strikers, but our midfield not being good enough to create chances for our strikers?

There is a problem with the way we attack full stop. we are too slow, we have players that make selfish decisions endlessly, we do not have a proper forward line and we do not have creative midfielders.
The problem with the team begins and ends with the way the DoF constructed the squad.

Whitestone

Quote from: ALG01 on March 20, 2021, 01:06:58 AM

There is a problem with the way we attack full stop. we are too slow, we have players that make selfish decisions endlessly, we do not have a proper forward line and we do not have creative midfielders.
The problem with the team begins and ends with the way the DoF constructed the squad.

The DOF is largely absent due to other commitments and unless I'm mistaken has very few qualifications for the role he has taken on so it shouldn't come as a surprise that all isn't rosey.

ALG01

Quote from: Whitestone on March 20, 2021, 01:21:11 AM

The DOF is largely absent due to other commitments and unless I'm mistaken has very few qualifications for the role he has taken on so it shouldn't come as a surprise that all isn't rosey.

He has one qualification and that is, he is his father's son. No other team would be so stupid as to employ him. To be fair, no other team would even have interviewed him/considered him for the post. It is such a shame because clearly whe and his father want what is best and are prepared to cough up the necessary, but to flush it down the pan like this is crazy.

scott is doing a brilliant job with one hand tied behind his back...actually it is both hands!

jayffc

Sorry, we have the talent, weve been on a very god run of late and beaten decent teams..our defence is usually much more solid...

We play best imo with Aina LWB and Tete RWB
Maja did well enough first half and was unlucky not to score, their keeper kept them in it first half in the end...we had just picked up momentum and started rocking them...get an equaliser, and Parker brings in Mitro at half time whos been off colour all season. I got the mentality that leeds are dodgy from set pieces, but we were doing well enough off them as it was so would have waited till 60-70 mins personally.

Hes done better of late but he ballsed that right up

Harrison off wouldnt have been my sub either unless hes injured.

RaySmith

I think we should have been set up,  more defensive and Tete should have started along with the othe two, although  at home to Leeds.

Though we wasted the  chances we did have, except for the great saves their keeper made.

Imagine if we had a player like Banford up front, and some of the other Leeds' attacking players.

Leeds seemed to cause us more problems than the top clubs we've played, or, indeed, anyone else. Though, after we scored and went at them  in the first half, they looked about to crumble, but it was different after half -time, when we maybe  went for it, but forgot we needed to defend.

WE can survive, though -  need to dust ourselves down for the next game

COYW!!!

Sammyffc

oh here we go, all the tony khan haters out in full force hahahahahaha you guys should just start your own little anti khan forum, any little thing he is blamed for, its actually hilarious at this point. He lives in your head rent free

MikeCdawg

Our midfielders don't chip in with enough goals, that's for sure.

Nero

Yes the DOF that told kebano and AK 47 they could leave as he wouldn't be getting game time. Sorry Parker is the issue Leeds are hardly full of class players but their manger has coached them and told then we are going to give it a go and we can win games. Our sits their and say we going to lose as the other teams are better then us. The difference tonight was confidence Bielsa has installed it into his time Parker has sucked it out of ours

ron

Scuffed shots, fresh air shots, and trying to walk the ball in have cost us time after time.

e4b

For me we have been missing a dynamic midfielder who can make forward runs and chip in with 6 or 7 goals a season. What we have are good at what they do but we need more . If Frank and RLC had 3-4 more goals each we would be well clear of relegation.

Southcoastffc

Quote from: jayffc on March 20, 2021, 02:30:32 AM
Sorry, we have the talent, weve been on a very god run of late and beaten decent teams..our defence is usually much more solid...

We play best imo with Aina LWB and Tete RWB
Maja did well enough first half and was unlucky not to score, their keeper kept them in it first half in the end...we had just picked up momentum and started rocking them...get an equaliser, and Parker brings in Mitro at half time whos been off colour all season. I got the mentality that leeds are dodgy from set pieces, but we were doing well enough off them as it was so would have waited till 60-70 mins personally.

Hes done better of late but he ballsed that right up

Harrison off wouldnt have been my sub either unless hes injured.

exactly this.  I was pleased to see that Mitro was coming on (thought we'd use set pieces and hit long balls to bypass our ineffective midfield) but very disappointed that it was instead of Maja, who'd been close with a couple of chances in the first half). IMO, Cav should have come off instead.   And, once again this season,  the Robinson Lookman combination was weak and too easy for the opponents to attack - Tete at RB and Aina at LB would be my choice.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

alfie

I have noticed recently that Frank has taken on the role of stopping an attack to pass backwards, he done it a few times last night going forward then turning back.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

bill taylors apprentice

We have spent much time and effort pressing the opposition and making ourselfs hard to score against and in general its worked.

Unfortunately, we only have one player in a game (Maja or Mito) who is capable in goal scoring positions and we don't get the ball to them in areas they can do their job.

There is a fundamental lack of ability in converting chances made into hitting the target let alone scoring.
By "hitting the target" I mean shots struck well and not at the goalkeeper.

Lookman's final delivery (shot or cross) is shocking and is looking increasingly lightweight when the tough get going.

WindyCity

Yeah, you're not wrong.  I've been posting as much over past several weeks.  Our strikers are not clinical enough, and even though some of the midfield was upgraded this season, they are still not good enough and haven't created chances for themselves or others.

Denver Fulham

I think there's plenty of blame to go around.

Tony left us short of consistent scoring, Scott has not maximized what he has (a problem from last season, too), and certain players have let us down too often. It's easy to complain about the DoF when results aren't what you want, but don't the manager and players have to have reasonable accountability for perceived underachievement? I don't think it's as simple as "The players weren't good or plentiful enough," even if past errors have handcuffed us this season in terms of adding a couple more pieces.

Related: It really stands out that we've been without Bobby the last two matches. His movement has been missed terribly.

YankeeJim

Not trying to pick a fight but when our defense was bad it was the DOF. When we didn't score it was the DOF. When we spent the DOF did it wrong. When he didn't spend (and made a better team BTW), it was the DOF's fault. Now, its the midfield that was ruined by the DOF. Others, perhaps you as well, are always on that the DOF has too many interests and doesn't devote himself to Fulham. So what is it? The team is bad because of the DOF? If so, than you should be happy he has other interests so he has less time to ruin Fulham. I didn't notice any criticism of the DOF after the Liverpool match or after Wembley. My point being, your an old LP with a deep scratch. It's the DOF. It's the DOF. It's the DOF. It's the DOF. It's the DOF. It's the DOF. It's the DOF.

Just an opinion. Your entitled to yours as am I.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

e4b

Quote from: YankeeJim on March 20, 2021, 04:24:42 PM

Not trying to pick a fight but when our defense was bad it was the DOF. When we didn't score it was the DOF. When we spent the DOF did it wrong. When he didn't spend (and made a better team BTW), it was the DOF's fault. Now, its the midfield that was ruined by the DOF. Others, perhaps you as well, are always on that the DOF has too many interests and doesn't devote himself to Fulham. So what is it? The team is bad because of the DOF? If so, than you should be happy he has other interests so he has less time to ruin Fulham. I didn't notice any criticism of the DOF after the Liverpool match or after Wembley. My point being, your an old LP with a deep scratch. It's the DOF. It's the DOF. It's the DOF. It's the DOF. It's the DOF. It's the DOF. It's the DOF.

My opinion is i agree with you Jim. Going back a few years everything was Ally Mac's fault. At least he doesn't have to put up with it any more.

ALG01

Quote from: YankeeJim on March 20, 2021, 04:24:42 PM

Thank you for your comments, and as usual hjjust saying black because I say white.

After liverpool we were all buzzing ans suddenly the DoFs PR machine, and like BAZBAB I do wonder how many of the posters that regularly come out of th woodwork to stick up for him are for real, came out and shoputed the odds about his brilliance. and some of us, meaning me, said brilliant result, i loved it but, we are thrid to bottom not half way up the table and we are in the bottom three because of the DoF, after liverpool I said that. and I said similar after wembley this time and last..we could have gone up top two with the money and resource we spent compared to others but the squad was wrong.

Slav left because he was given a  third rate, expensive but thrid rate squadm and could not make the proverbial silk purse from the sows ear.

Let me try to be as simple with my words as I can so you cannot misinterperet them
The problem the DoF has caused, this time is to not assemble a complete sqyuad. He did belatedly fix the defence but he decided we could operate without a forward line worthy of the name. we had an unfit out of form mitro as our only striker. Now I backed off my usual frustration after  summer as it was such a strange end of the season but what happened in January was unforgiveable. we needed to be ready to go the forst week of january with a couple of forwards at least. we got maja at the 11th hour and we are continuing to struggle for goals as a result.

we are where we are because we do not have a squad, we have a good defence and good manager but in the end the DoF is an amateur and it shows and the prem is for big boys, and unfortunately the only reason he has and keeps his job is his daddy.

I can cope with the continuing digs from people like you implying I am wrong. It's just I cannot see what he is doing that is worthy of praise. We lost slav as a result of his inexperience,m throwing all that money away on players that slav said he had not chosen.

I actually do not know your opinion because you do not offer it as far as I can see, and now I am not trying to start an argunment but you and a handful of others are just critical of my comments whenever you see my name, but do not offer a single word of what an alternative might be. so when you tell me about why being third bottom with eight games to go, having scored a meagre 23 goals, only 3 teams worse, and we went down with a whimper last time we were in the prem, I would be interested.

By the way I can see the defence is good, top players, parker has them well drilled, but you need to score too and we do not have a full squad.

good to talk.