https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Lookman

Started by perry geyton, April 05, 2021, 09:56:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

perry geyton

Did he pull his hamstring ? Any news on that

filham

Does  it matter, nothing left to fight for, we are as good as relegated.

Sgt Fulham

Quote from: filham on April 05, 2021, 10:10:07 PM

You know that's not true. We haven't helped ourselves, and have reduced our chances, but it is not over.

JoelH5

I think he is one of the main reasons we don't score. His crossing is non-existent. Play JB at LW against Wolves and see if he can actually give Mitro some service
I was there, standing in the Putney end

perry geyton

Quote from: JoelH5 on April 05, 2021, 10:23:43 PM
I think he is one of the main reasons we don't score. His crossing is non-existent. Play JB at LW against Wolves and see if he can actually give Mitro some service
True he rarely passes but I'd rather have him in the starting 11 then not, at least he takes players on and creates

perry geyton

Someone feeling mopey today ?
Not true if we can perform against wolves it's still game on

perry geyton

I remember earlier on in the season when our only game plan was to whip balls into AM and it certainly wasn't working
You need a bit of both and Lookman gives us that

RLC on the other hand I would drop in a heartbeat and give Onomah a start

Whitestone

Lookman isn't perfect but he's a nailed on starter when fit. I agree with others about his crossing. Also he's too greedy in the final third when there are often better options available to him. Hope he's fit for Friday.

Lordedmundo

Quote from: perry geyton on April 05, 2021, 10:25:44 PM
True he rarely passes but I'd rather have him in the starting 11 then not, at least he takes players on and creates

The problem is that he is not really taking players on anymore.  Either his form has dipped or he is suffering from long Covid.  Not the same player he was in the first half of the season...

filham

Quote from: perry geyton on April 05, 2021, 10:27:10 PM
Someone feeling mopey today ?
Not true if we can perform against wolves it's still game on
Been feeling mopey since that third Villa goal hit the back of our net. We now have to score goals for survival and we have demonstrated time and again we cannot do that at a rate of more than one a game at the most.

PaulJ123

Really believe Lookman is a better impact sub than starting.

Woolly Mammoth

We are not dead and buried, in fact we are not even dead let alone buried.
Yes Lookman has his faults and can be greedy and selfish which he needs to have that knocked out of him by the coaches. In the meantime I would prefer to see him play as he has that X Factor and could come up with a superb finish or assist and we do not really have anyone else, unless they change the system, however if he has tweaked his hammy he probably will not have enough time to recover for Friday. 
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Whitesideup

Quote from: perry geyton on April 05, 2021, 10:30:48 PM
I remember earlier on in the season when our only game plan was to whip balls into AM and it certainly wasn't working
You need a bit of both and Lookman gives us that

RLC on the other hand I would drop in a heartbeat and give Onomah a start
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on April 06, 2021, 12:24:18 PM
Yes Lookman has his faults and can be greedy and selfish which he needs to have that knocked out of him by the coaches. In the meantime I would prefer to see him play as he has that X Factor and could come up with a superb finish or assist and we do not really have anyone else, unless they change the system, however if he has tweaked his hammy he probably will not have enough time to recover for Friday. 
Woolly makes a fair point in that we don't have another flair player of the same calibre.

On the other hand I am trying to recall the last time Lookman created anything like a chance, let alone a good one, or even remotely looked like scoring. This may be because other sides identify him as a threat and ensure he has limited space and time. Maybe we should try something different, and if fit maybe keep him as impact sub. 

perry geyton

Quote from: Lordedmundo on April 06, 2021, 11:17:10 AM
Quote from: perry geyton on April 05, 2021, 10:25:44 PM

The problem is that he is not really taking players on anymore.  Either his form has dipped or he is suffering from long Covid.  Not the same player he was in the first half of the season...

Long Covid that's a new one,,,,,
So now any player that has a bad game has long Covid ?
If that's the case then RLC's been suffering from it all season and Cavs had it for past 2 seasons

Riversider

If I was holding the cheque book this summer I certainly wouldn't walk past Ryan Kent of Glasgow Rangers,  to sign Lookman, Kent offers so much more to his side,
Ryan Kent on one flank and David Brooks (Bournemouth) on the other and we would give ourselves a great chance of an instant return.

Lordedmundo

Maybe you don't think long Covid is a thing - which is fine. We don't know for sure which Fulham players had Covid (only Mitro was confirmed), but Anguissa and Lookman were the only two players that missed the next game following postponement and it seemed to coincide with both losing form/fitness...

I don't think there is any issue with Cav's fitness - he runs around the pitch (though often like a headless chicken sadly) more than probably any other player, so you picked a bad example there (although appreciate that you were probably making a joke).

Who knows what the problem is with RLC - but I'm not going to make any excuses for him as he is a Chelsea player!

blingo

Lookman doesn't look up man and that's his problem. As for Onamah starting over RLC. He can't be worse so give it a go.

Bill2

Having watched the Villa 90 Lookman didn't provide anything, I wonder if he is carrying an injury as he was subbed rather quickly in the second half. Cav gave them a harder time but also provided nothing but at least he ran at them. Personally I feel Lookman plays better when Robinson is playing as he will support and provide the overlap.

Sammyffc

Lookman stats wise is our best offensive player, he has one less goal than bdr but more assists. Dropping him would be absolutely criminal and makes no sense at all

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on April 06, 2021, 12:24:18 PM

Spot On, statistics tell us that we can finish the season with anywhere between 26 points and 47 points, we know we need at least 30 points to stay up, but probably 33-38 points in what is required. We get to play Newcastle that hasn't won in eight games; Wolves and Southampton have lost three of their last five games. It's not over til it's over.