watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Mitro: Stick or Twist?

Started by 3 Cherries, April 06, 2021, 10:11:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blawarmy

Would you rather keep Mitro or Parker, if one refuses to stay if the other does?

davew

Quote from: langers on April 06, 2021, 12:44:44 PM
Considering manager hasnt considered him good enough most of season to play in PL what is his value now
Maybe 1/2 what is was before we got back into the PL. 1 of the Championship teams promoted this season might put in an offer for him but can't see any of the present PL teams being interested. I would base my decision on keeping or selling him depend on the quality of the rest of our squad.
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Bill2

Just watched the Villa 90 and Mitro had a good game even though we provided a lousy service.

Blawarmy

In a system suited to him, heavy crossing teams like Burnley for example, he'd bag loads of goals. If Chris Wood can score the goals he does, Mitro would get double! Unfortunately we don't cross under parkerball cos he thinks we're Man City!

Nero

Quote from: Blawarmy on April 07, 2021, 04:38:42 PM
Would you rather keep Mitro or Parker, if one refuses to stay if the other does?

Mitro, Mangers with no tactical sense are ten a penny a decent centre forward is hard to find

Karlos

Stick but only if we're going to get decent players around him. The poor bloke gets so frustrated at the shocking service he gets and rightly so.

langers

Thought Mitro was outstanding against Villa. Not the case in many games he has played. Maybe putting himself in shop window in case we go down

St Eve

Nick Bateman

Strange question. Should Fulham sell their best asset for money, which doesn't help Fulham F.C. return to the EPL if we are in that position. Why would any fan of Fulham want to look after the purse-strings of a multi-billionaire owner to harm the team? The mind boggles....
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

Arthur

Quote from: Nick Bateman on April 08, 2021, 02:51:41 AM
Strange question. Should Fulham sell their best asset for money, which doesn't help Fulham F.C. return to the EPL if we are in that position. Why would any fan of Fulham want to look after the purse-strings of a multi-billionaire owner to harm the team? The mind boggles....

I think the assumption is that any money from his sale would go into the spending pot.

3 Cherries

Quote from: Nick Bateman on April 08, 2021, 02:51:41 AM

you are assuming Mitro would wish to drop back down with us...

JackHamlet90

Love Mitro but hope he isn't with us next season if we go down that's a waste for his career. If we stay up then keep him for sue e

Asotosyios

I am with MJG on this one. I would love to keep Mitrovic, but he already spent a season in the Championship and helped us to get promoted so if he didn't want to do it again, we should try to find the best deal for him and for us.

Somerset Fulham

He'll be off, and for next to bugger all. Sadly.

Mullers OG

If he wants to stay and fight for the club then I would keep him. We must have someone to score.

Our ex players turning in a shift tonight. Christensen, Rodallega and Kasami all scoring. That's more between them in one night than our forwards seem to manage in a month or two.

Vuk1

Mitro owes Fulham? He's essentially promoted the club to the EPL TWICE with his goals. To add to that in the first promoted season he did extremely well when all was going horribly wrong elsewhere on the field.

Has he been off form at the start of the year? Yes - but he's also been benched and given 5 or 10 minute runs (why Parker waits so long to make a sub is beyond me), he's also had a frustrating hamstrign injury plus Covid. Would be fantastic for him to stay but he'll be off I feel.

RaySmith

He's an iconic player for Fulham, and helped us achieve so much, with a great interaction with the fans, but  his career isn't progressing at Fulham, and our style trying to stay in the Prem, with the players we have, isn't suiting his qualities -
well he's mostly on the bench,  and when he plays is very isolated up front, though in the Ch.,  i would expect him to again feature strongly and score goals,  but would he want to stay?

Would he want to help us get promoted again, and then not play? I'm sure he wants to achieve things personally and as  part of a team, while he is still in his prime, and his great international performances have kept him in the shop window.

Twig

Quote from: perry geyton on April 07, 2021, 02:55:31 PM
It's up to too him maybe he'll not wanna drop again, although he owes it to us after this shocking season

In my book he owes us absolutely nothing. He's twice helped get us promoted and stuck with us after relegation.  Yes he's been out of form this season but in his defence he suffered Covid and has suffered at the hands of Parker's tactics. And @0anyway he was frequently omitted and when he's come on as a sub he's been given a pathetic few minutes to try to make some sort of impression.