watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Mitro: Stick or Twist?

Started by 3 Cherries, April 06, 2021, 10:11:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

3 Cherries

Now Mitro is scoring goals, should we sell and recoup some money or pay him to stay with us in the Championship?

Slaphead in Qatar

We need him whichever division we are in

MJG

I love him and would keep him if I was in charge, but I also think he stuck with us last time and we didnt replay that faith this year in my view. Might be time to cash in but a lot will be down to who is manager.
Just the views of a long term fan

Lordedmundo

We should keep him regardless of which division we are in. But clearly we need a better striker either as first choice or for Mitro to play alongside if we stay up.

He been both off form and unfit for most of this season, which is the main reason why he hasn't played more games.  But, if he can get back to his best he will be an asset..

Wingnut

Stick without a doubt. Proven goal scorer in the Championship, and a fit Mitro is good enough to play in the PL. We are short in the final third as is.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

filham

We will need Mitro in the Championship but he will want to be away.
Now if you know who gets the Shefield United job that may be an attractive move for him.

milis

I don't think Mitro will be here next season.

Woolly Mammoth

We need to keep him, why sell any key player.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Whitestone

There are a number of players in the squad or out on loan that are surplus to requirements IMO. Mitro is most definitely not one of them.

langers

Considering manager hasnt considered him good enough most of season to play in PL what is his value now

HV71

We definitely need to keep him

Aaron

Short term (next season) the answer for me has to be to keep him.  I'm not sure how I'd feel if we got back into the PL again at first time of asking.

We've got a reasonably well proven recipe for getting out of the Championship with Mitro as our main striker. If it's not broken, we probably ought not be trying to fix it?

What's less clear is whether or not there's a viable approach to survive in the Premier League with Mitro as our main striker.  That's no particular judgement on him as an individual and a player, I just think we're a little flat/one dimensional a lot of the time when he's involved.  We set ourselves up to play around Berbatov and that didn't work out too well.

He's still only 26 though, it could be we haven't even seen the best of him yet?

We Are Premier League

Keep if we go down. If we stay up, sell for any good offers (both i doubt we will get any) and keep if we can't get 25m or there about.

RufusBrevettatemyhamster

We need to play tactics that supply him with the ball.
Joe Bryan over Robinson for starters.
He is slow and has the turning circle of the titanic (mid sinking), but he scores goals.
Having said that, if someone offer £25m for him, we should sell and bring in better players.

bigalffc

Stick, and give him the ball, crosses into the box if any of our players remember how to do that.
Instead of seeing the rug being pulled from under us we can learn to dance on a shifting carpet - Thomas Crum

We Are Premier League

According to Transfermarkt, we bought him for 22.2m; would you sell him for that?

perry geyton

It's up to too him maybe he'll not wanna drop again, although he owes it to us after this shocking season

Penfold

Quote from: perry geyton on April 07, 2021, 02:55:31 PM
It's up to too him maybe he'll not wanna drop again, although he owes it to us after this shocking season

He's 26 and should be approaching his peak as a striker.

Can see a move to somewhere like Germany.

As for him owing us, he could quite easily say that he wasn't handled well when his form dropped off.

SuffolkWhite

He's a Legend, gotta keep him!
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

blingo

If we go down and want to come back up, we have to keep him.