more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Still missing.

Started by HV71, April 07, 2021, 01:38:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jarv

Woolly,

I was in Putney back in the 70s. A flat off the south circular. The nearest pub was the Arab boy, a Watneys pub (dreadful beer). Only used it occasionally because they let people in after hours. One night, was watching match of the day and said to the girl friend "lets pop round the pub for a couple of drinks". We had one drink and I went up to the bar to order another. The barmaid (which we called them then) said "sorry, we are closed"  My chin dropped, saying "since when". She replied "last night. we opened the door just after midnight and about 8 coppers trouped in".  They were nicked.

Before the pubs opened all day, we used to go to a mate's rowing club for a nice sunny weekend afternoon. Sit on the balcony, drinking quite a lot of beer watching the boats go by. I forget the name of the club now.

Happy days in the 70s. Best decade ever for football.

Slaphead in Qatar

Quote from: Statto on April 22, 2021, 07:14:11 PM

Welcome Back Statto

Mince was last active in Feb - so I'm a bit worried about him - hope he's ok

HV71

Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on April 22, 2021, 07:43:16 PM

Welcome Back Statto

Agree with this - really worried about Mince ( especially in these times) hence my original post and subsequent one when Statto disappeared. Glad you are well Statto - I don't always agree with you , especially on non football matters , but so glad you are well

AnotherVicHalomLoveChild

Don't worry they are "girding their loins" of duty ready for mega word participation when we are back in Chumpionship OR if by some miracle yet to come they will blast out all guns blazing to say they told us that we would survive in the Premiership this season.

bigalffc

Quote from: grandad on April 22, 2021, 11:57:53 AM
I wish a few more would go so we can return to having constructive discussions . This forum has become a nasty place to give an honest opinion .
Plus one

Sent from my G3311 using Tapatalk

Instead of seeing the rug being pulled from under us we can learn to dance on a shifting carpet - Thomas Crum

Asotosyios

Quote from: bigalffc on April 23, 2021, 12:28:32 PM
I wish a few more would go so we can return to having constructive discussions . This forum has become a nasty place to give an honest opinion .
Plus one

Or perhaps everyone should stay and we all learn to accept a bit more the opinions we don't agree with.

I don't agree with a lot of people here and even find some annoying sometimes, but that's the beauty of it - coming here and read opinions that don't always match with what you think or see on the pitch. This forum is a for a pluralism of opinions.

Twig

Quote from: Asotosyios on April 23, 2021, 12:35:43 PM
Plus one

Or perhaps everyone should stay and we all learn to accept a bit more the opinions we don't agree with.

I don't agree with a lot of people here and even find some annoying sometimes, but that's the beauty of it - coming here and read opinions that don't always match with what you think or see on the pitch. This forum is a for a pluralism of opinions.

This tends to be my view too.  It isn't always easy reading things I disagree with and can be very challenging, especially some of the non football stuff (political, social etc). However I'm not sure that a forum without differences would be very interesting or stimulating at the end of the day?

SuffolkWhite

Anybody can make points can here and others can disagree with them, if it's done with respect then there will not be any issues will there!

And if you beg to differ sod off 🤣 (joke)
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

rebel

A Tutankhamun saying, 'When stuck in a museum, you can never find the guide'.

cottage expat

Quote from: Asotosyios on April 23, 2021, 12:35:43 PM
Plus one

Agree. At the end of the day, we are all Fulham supporters who love the club. For me, that's the most important. It's healthy to have disagreements and I like the banter. We have Admin. to step in if anyone really crosses the line.

hovewhite

This is a negative zone at least that's how it reads.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: HV71 on April 22, 2021, 08:45:38 PM

Welcome Back Statto

Agree with this - really worried about Mince ( especially in these times) hence my original post and subsequent one when Statto disappeared. Glad you are well Statto - I don't always agree with you , especially on non football matters , but so glad you are well

I am also concerned as I have pm'd mince 3 times to date without any response which is unlike him.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

I Ronic

I'm quite surprised more haven't gone quite, given results and the decidedly bleak future.
If you try and put a positive spin on something, you do risk being shot down.
That said, the under 18's are on the brink of winning their league and I really hope the club can convert those players into the Mitros, Murphy's and Zoltans of the Clubs future.
The new stand is looking incredible,.maybe in the future we'll  have two listed stands?
The near future may not be bright but whatever the outcome I still believe the Club's in good hands and the various people in charge of the area's we concentrate on are big enough to question where they've gone wrong and what they can learn from it.
My uncle's used to bring me to games back in the late 60's They've all gone now and I really miss being part of that little family gang. In many ways I have similar feelings about being on here, it's not the best of times at.the moment but that will change.

Fulham 442

Quote from: I Ronic on April 24, 2021, 08:20:29 AM
I'm quite surprised more haven't gone quite, given results and the decidedly bleak future.
If you try and put a positive spin on something, you do risk being shot down.
That said, the under 18's are on the brink of winning their league and I really hope the club can convert those players into the Mitros, Murphy's and Zoltans of the Clubs future.
The new stand is looking incredible,.maybe in the future we'll  have two listed stands?
The near future may not be bright but whatever the outcome I still believe the Club's in good hands and the various people in charge of the area's we concentrate on are big enough to question where they've gone wrong and what they can learn from it.
My uncle's used to bring me to games back in the late 60's They've all gone now and I really miss being part of that little family gang. In many ways I have similar feelings about being on here, it's not the best of times at.the moment but that will change.
Good post and that is sort of how I feel regarding the future.  Whenever I set foot in Craven Cottage it always reminds me of going to games as a child with my Dad in the 60's, it just feels like home to me.

rebel

Don't want to hijack the thread, but supporters are looking at our current predicament in it's totality, I'm looking at it since the Everton win, there are some 'crumbs' of comfort, our away record isn't too bad, we play better against the bigger clubs. The defence is more 'stable'.
The 'inability' to close out matches is still there, not helped by Parker's 'clueless' substitutions. He is seeing different things to the rest of us at times, which is a 'worry'.

Fulham 442

Quote from: rebel on April 24, 2021, 11:26:35 AM
Don't want to hijack the thread, but supporters are looking at our current predicament in it's totality, I'm looking at it since the Everton win, there are some 'crumbs' of comfort, our away record isn't too bad, we play better against the bigger clubs. The defence is more 'stable'.
The 'inability' to close out matches is still there, not helped by Parker's 'clueless' substitutions. He is seeing different things to the rest of us at times, which is a 'worry'.
I agree with this too but after our last two matches which meant we lost three points due to late goals, and Parker's clueless subs were partly to blame, that I am now resigned to relegation....

I Ronic

Quote from: rebel on April 24, 2021, 11:26:35 AM

I think Parker is in the same place as a striker, when the goals dry up. Your confidence leaves you and your decision making isn't always your best.

HV71

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on April 24, 2021, 08:16:34 AM

Welcome Back Statto

I am also concerned as I have pm'd mince 3 times to date without any response which is unlike him.

Well done Woolly - the point of my post was a genuine concern about people's welfare ( nothing to do with the negativity on this board ) . Both Mince and Statto could dish it out with the best ( and whilst I don't always agree with them ) I wouldn't want any of them to come to harm . At leat we have established that Statto has been banned ( quelle surprise ) but Mince ? Just concerned

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: HV71 on April 24, 2021, 02:40:16 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on April 24, 2021, 08:16:34 AM

Welcome Back Statto

Well done Woolly - the point of my post was a genuine concern about people's welfare ( nothing to do with the negativity on this board ) . Both Mince and Statto could dish it out with the best ( and whilst I don't always agree with them ) I wouldn't want any of them to come to harm . At leat we have established that Statto has been banned ( quelle surprise ) but Mince ? Just concerned

Yes minces absence is cause for concern, and naturally we tend to think that possibly something untoward has happened but hopefully not.
Same with Fulhamben who disappeared unexpectedly.
At least we know Statto is safe, served his penance and has been unshackled to reek havoc once more, lol, so we had better duck for cover.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.