https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Still missing.

Started by HV71, April 07, 2021, 01:38:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: jarv on April 22, 2021, 07:16:33 PM
Woolly,

I was in Putney back in the 70s. A flat off the south circular. The nearest pub was the Arab boy, a Watneys pub (dreadful beer). Only used it occasionally because they let people in after hours. One night, was watching match of the day and said to the girl friend "lets pop round the pub for a couple of drinks". We had one drink and I went up to the bar to order another. The barmaid (which we called them then) said "sorry, we are closed"  My chin dropped, saying "since when". She replied "last night. we opened the door just after midnight and about 8 coppers trouped in".  They were nicked.

Before the pubs opened all day, we used to go to a mate's rowing club for a nice sunny weekend afternoon. Sit on the balcony, drinking quite a lot of beer watching the boats go by. I forget the name of the club now.

Happy days in the 70s. Best decade ever for football.

What struck me Jarv is how quickly the years have gone, does not seem that long ago, and the older I get the quicker time seems to fly by. Wonderful football memories though, glad I was around in that era.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Logicalman

Quote from: hovewhite on April 24, 2021, 07:27:03 AM
This is a negative zone at least that's how it reads.

I can see that, so what's the answer?  Look to provide a positive spin on things perhaps? Half-full vs half-empty outlook? (No, not picking on you hoverwhite, that's a general comment for those that cannot find anything positive in the future of the club).

Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

AnotherVicHalomLoveChild

Whatever happened to Realistic?

perry geyton

Quote from: grandad on April 22, 2021, 11:57:53 AM
I wish a few more would go so we can return to having constructive discussions . This forum has become a nasty place to give an honest opinion .
It Probably has something to do with us losing every week

perry geyton

Quote from: AnotherVicHalomLoveChild on May 18, 2021, 03:14:48 PM
Whatever happened to Realistic?
Disappeared from cottage corner the season we got promoted under Slav, but he was getting a lot of stick on there rightly so
He claimed to have health issues but hopefully he's alright, I think us getting promoted that season upset him a bit

ALG01

Quote from: HV71 on April 07, 2021, 01:38:11 PM
Still no recent posts from Mince, Fulham Ben and now Statto appears to have gone silent. Given the recent results  and subsequent meltdowns this is very worrying. Hope all are well

I hope they are well.

The fact is all three at the same time suggests it is a social media issue rather than health. I certainly hope so.