watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Continually attacking RLC has become a tad predictable and tiresome

Started by 3 Cherries, April 09, 2021, 08:41:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

simplyfulham

A few stats from this season I just want to leave here.

I compared our 6 central midfield players this year;

Mario Lemina  •  Ruben Loftus-Cheek  •  Harrison Reed

Frank Zambo Anguissa  • Tom Cairney  •  Josh Onomah

Here's where RLC places in a few keys areas.

5th shots on target %
6th Goals-xG  (e.g how many chances was he expected to score v how many he actually scored)
6th Passing accuracy %
4th Progressive passes per90
5th progressive pass distance per90
6th Assists-xA (e.g how many chances was he expected to assist v how many he actually assisted)
4th key passes per90
5th passes into the final 1/3 per90
6th passes into the attacking pen per90
1st most passes that are blocked by opponents
1st miscontrols per90
5th tackles per90
5th presses per90
4th tackles+interceptions
4th aerial duels won %
6th loose balls recovered p90

In fairness he comes out top in a couple of categories;

1st for attacking pen touches
1st most fouled
1st offsides

All of these stats are mind blowing considering his managed 1 goal & 0 assists all season.

Willham

I'm not meaning to dispute your stats, I just would like to know where you got these? I enjoy stats so would love to get a link?

simplyfulham

Quote from: Willham on April 09, 2021, 05:34:58 PM
I'm not meaning to dispute your stats, I just would like to know where you got these? I enjoy stats so would love to get a link?

Go wild!

https://fbref.com/en/comps/9/Premier-League-Stats

perry geyton

Nah not me mate I'm a fully paid up member of the RLC LOVE CLUB ❤️

davew

Well at least he is presented with yet and yet another chance to prove most of us wrong. No doubt we will be having the same debate before the next game, he has had too many chances and if he suddenly produces some magic then the next question will be why didn't he do it before now! I have written him off as part of the squad I want at Fulham whichever league we end up playing next season.
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Bassey the warrior

Credit where it's due he's played well first half, deserved a goal.

perry geyton

3 Cherries

I will defend him whilst the rest of you defend that worthless lump Mitro

TC's Sporran

those stats make him look like the worst midfielder and a waste of space.

Baszab

Quote from: TC's Sporran on April 09, 2021, 10:04:26 PM
those stats make him look like the worst midfielder and a waste of space.

I think you will find that is because he is

Even Hoddle said he must do more - for the second time now

TC's Sporran

he does play further forward than the others in that list and some games is more of a striker so his stats are bound to be skewed

simplyfulham

Quote from: TC's Sporran on April 09, 2021, 10:16:51 PM
he does play further forward than the others in that list and some games is more of a striker so his stats are bound to be skewed

Yes that is true, completely. The stats bare it out, he ranks 1st for touches in the opposite box of the midfielders.

But why is his goal contributions (goals and assists) so poor?

Why is his shots on target so poor?

Why is his key passes (passes that lease to shots) so poor?

Surely playing further forward would aid a midfielder to boost these certain stats

Willham

Quote from: 3 Cherries on April 09, 2021, 09:58:57 PM
I will defend him whilst the rest of you defend that worthless lump Mitro

If you open up that stats page and look at mitro in our players.
You'll find including goals and assists and time played mitro is still our most prolific players.
With 3 goals and 3 assists he stands 3rd in goals scored, 2nd in assists, and per "90 for goals + assists is 1st, with carvalho second and maja third.
RLC on the other hand is nowhere to be seen?

Mitro even with all the problems this year and hardly getting any playing time has still produced on the few hes played. SP is just determined to make out he hasn't.

My favourite thing about mitro in our team is his link up play, hes so good at bringing other players into the play in the final third, something weve been trying to rely on RLC to do, which seen as though RLC is number one for touches in the opponents box shows the rest of the team has given him plenty of chances to do that, which Ruben hasn't produced one assist in twice as much game time as mitro.

Logicalman

Oh well, argument over now, end of season, both won't be with us shortly, nothing to concern ourselves with.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

Twig

Quote from: Logicalman on May 28, 2021, 12:25:53 PM
Oh well, argument over now, end of season, both won't be with us shortly, nothing to concern ourselves with.

Except how on earth anyone in their right mind could have been defending RLC's performances as late as April this year!  As to Mitro, I sincerely hope he stays and makes his point on the pitch next season.

Jules

Quote from: perry geyton on April 09, 2021, 04:03:59 PM
It's not as tiresome as seeing him in the starting 11 week in week out

I'm sure he'll get over it tho
What he on 40 - 50K a week
Poor old RLC
He is on £150k a week so I think a bit of criticism is justified based on his performances this season!

blingo

Quote from: perry geyton on April 09, 2021, 07:34:02 PM
Nah not me mate I'm a fully paid up member of the RLC LOVE CLUB ❤️

As all chelski supporters are  :54:

Logicalman

Quote from: Twig on May 28, 2021, 06:12:02 PM
Quote from: Logicalman on May 28, 2021, 12:25:53 PM

Except how on earth anyone in their right mind could have been defending RLC's performances as late as April this year!  As to Mitro, I sincerely hope he stays and makes his point on the pitch next season.

I would agree with you, but the argument is over pretty much, RLC is gone, Mitro is likely to follow (given the assumptions that he is def a Prem quality player) - and so they will be pushed into the annals of FFC history.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

filham

We have to forget RLC now although it is difficult to imagine who will take him on next season.
Our concern is who will fill that key playmaker role;-
Cairney   - First choice but that dodgy knee begs the question can we rely on him.
Onama  -  Only if he has developed a lot over the summer
Reid ------Not his best position
Reed ------Better employed in a more defensive role
Seri ------- Don't think he is prepared to play in the Championship
Carvalho--  A big responsibility on young shoulders.

Seems to me a new playmaker of quality needs to be top of TK's shopping list.Perhaps he should consider trying to re sign Lemina, he had a good season for uson loan.