more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

It is what it is

Started by 70sPimlico, April 09, 2021, 10:32:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

70sPimlico

There will be people venting tonight.

I'm unusually calm. We've seen it all before. The game was pretty much our worse nightmare and yet, if you had to predict how it would go, a tentative approach, slow build up, not many chances, upping the speed in the last 10 mins and then getting done by an injury time sucker punch would certainly have been how many of us could have mapped it out.

Its Fulham. Thats what they do to us. Always have done. Always will.

I'm ok with Scott apart from his attacking tactics and his inability to utilise Mitro with a quick attacking team. I don't think we have to be so one dimensional with Mitro up front. But under Scott, we really are.

Going up in play offs and a month to start, we were always gong to be favourites for the drop.

At least now, the planning should be starting with the assumption we will be in the championship. I really don want to get into a Tony Khan thing but I was impressed with the players he brought in. A defence of Rodak, Robinson, Tosin, Tete (he is on a 4 year deal), Kongolo and Hector has to be the best in the championship.

Midfield of Reed, TC, Onomah and with Reid, Cav & Mitro. Yes, it will need some investment.

Honestly, I'm happy for this season to now play out. I assume we will fall short and I guess in 3 or so games, relegation will be confirmed. I just can't see Newcastle imploding with there key players back and more crucially, we've shown three times now that we can't take the opportunities we get.

However you all feel now, rest assured that come August, you'll all be up for the new challenge and we can all go the home of football and see the beautiful new stand for real.

Chin up boys

Sting of the North

blingo

Will TETE have a relegation clause in his contract??

Somerset Fulham

Well said.   :plus one:

Sting of the North

Quote from: blingo on April 09, 2021, 10:36:34 PM

Extremely unlikely. He has not had a special career before coming to us, so why would we have agreed on that. He will be here next year, he's not too good for the Championship.

Plodder

Good post.  I can't bring myself to give up all hope, but it looks a very tall order now. If it happens, so be it, and let's enjoy a bumper summer of sport (Euros, Lions, Olympics, Test matches).  Hope I can wangle to continue working from home for another few months!

jarv

Good post. We have all seen it before. They can now play with the shackles off and see what happens. West Brom did it at Chelsea.  Nothing to lose now.

itombomb

Quote from: Sting of the North on April 09, 2021, 10:39:22 PM
Quote from: blingo on April 09, 2021, 10:36:34 PM

Extremely unlikely. He has not had a special career before coming to us, so why would we have agreed on that. He will be here next year, he's not too good for the Championship.
I think he is tbf. He's an exceptionally good defensive fullback. He'd comfortably be starting for a load of PL teams (and a load of CL teams from smaller leagues).

Fulham Tup North

I was extremely disappointed after Villa, and yet tonight I am accepting that things are what they are... we are going down and I've accepted this now.... that 93rd minute defeat was the final kick in the teeth....
Welcome back to the Championship.....
COYW
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

SuffolkWhite

Good post and agree, also season tickets will be cheaper hopefully,  every cloud. COYW
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

FFC1987

Nicely said. Regardless of where we finish. Onwards and upwards.

Blawarmy

Devastated. I never get used to the disappointment that is supporting Fulham.

H3Matt

You seriously want Hector in the starting XI next season? Did you even see his performances in the Championship after the restart? No. Massive no from me.

Pluto

Such a shame that for our season back in the big leagues we couldn't watch from the stands

Twig

Hector? No thanks, Robinson? No thanks I'd sooner have Bryan.

ron

I think it's Mitro himself who is one dimensional. His body language, slowness and constant muttering to himself in the close-ups suggests to me he wants away, and his time at the cottage is up.

Blawarmy

Quote from: ron on April 09, 2021, 11:20:00 PM
I think it's Mitro himself who is one dimensional. His body language, slowness and constant muttering to himself in the close-ups suggests to me he wants away, and his time at the cottage is up.
Yeah because the system we play doesn't suit him. His goalscoring record last season in the championship was quite remarkable given our style of play.

JoelH5

Closest I've been to tears after a football game in about 20 years
I was there, standing in the Putney end

AJW48361

These players with get out clauses they are having a laugh.

Milo

Quote from: ron on April 09, 2021, 11:20:00 PM

Not convinced.

And even if it is now, it's a culmination of this season's mismanagement.