watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Why Keep Scott Parker

Started by Keefy, April 11, 2021, 04:08:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keefy

I am interested to hear of any reason to stick with Scott Parker. In my opinion he under performed last season with a decent squad. We have, in my opinion, gone backwards as a club with arguably a much stronger group of players ( please note I didn't say team). Only rarely have I seen solid team performances this season ( I've watched every game) and conclude that Mr Parker is way out of his depth.

blackandwhite

Biggest problem for me is that with all psychological evaluation that he ordered, it looks like to me that he lost all players who promoted us. Unfortunetly for him he did not improve any of those players or given chance to awesome academy players in meaningful way. His destiny is tied with loanees, by looks of it no player will play for him in championship.

I hope we stay but Skot should bet all on 3 4 3 and not include any players who promoted us. I think these guys will still play for him.

PaulJ123

As you'll see from my posts, there's no reason to keep him now. He's had a long run as our manager but sadly isn't up to it.

#HoweIn

blingo

Agreed, and whilst you're at it, get rid of TK as well.

Keefy

Blingo, whilst I agree with you, I don't think that ejecting TK is an option.

alfie

Quote from: blingo on April 11, 2021, 04:36:32 PM
Agreed, and whilst you're at it, get rid of TK as well.
From what I have been told from a reliable source, that the reason a striker was not brought in was that Parker was happy with what he had being Mitrovic, Kamara, BDR, Cav and a couple of promising youngsters, TK was asked to get defenders. How true this is, well I don't know, but if it is then it's hardly TK's fault if he done what the head coach wanted.

Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

PaulJ123

I don't think TK has done a bad job to be honest this year (the first promotion season, yes he did).

I think Parker is out of his depth unfortunately.

#HoweIn

SuffolkWhite

I would keep Parker unless there is a definate improvement out there, but
Who?

The Brentford Manager, Benitez  etc etc etc
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

Keefy

I fear the loathsome Allardyce is about to demonstrate what an experienced manager can achieve with limited resources. There are clubs that appoint managers that i have never heard of but turn out to be successful. Down to TK to sort out but sticking with a dud such as Parker is surely not the answer   

H4usuallysitting

To me it's not a Mr Parker problem.... it's the whole club's ideology, in that there isn't one....or doesn't appear to be one - we keep making the same mistakes...... somebody at the top has to have clear vision & dedication to the day to day and future direction of the club.....at the moment I haven't got a clue what the club are after

Keefy

I've noted that a number of fans " like" Scott. This is not a popularity contest. I want an effective manager and could not care less if he was not Mr Nice guy. Furguson was not top of my dinner guest list but he knew how to manage a successful football team. There are quite a few young and promising managers in the lower divisions as well as those currently in Europe/Scotland. I simply don't accept that we cannot find better than Parker.   

Nero

Pressure off now see if parker can get a style of play going that doesn't consist of keep-ball with no purpose or he can go

Keefy

H4, that is the point. Furguson stamped his authority on the club. Parker is incapable of any such action ...end of

Steeeeeeeeeed

I would keep Parker.

I think he has done a pretty good job with what was a very tricky and short pre-season, and the improvements made around December to March really showed he could be a very good manager in the making...only last month he was being highly praised by many.... Just had a bad few weeks recently that looks to have finished off the team mathematically and spritually.

I look around and what other options are there ?...Ranieri again ?... Nah, Scott has done a good job, learnt a lot in very tricky circumstances, and I would be happy if he stays, and give him a chance at promotion back again... Maybe if he doesn't do that then he can go, but I think he definitely deserves one more season at least.

ScalleysDad

Quote from: Keefy on April 11, 2021, 05:54:03 PM
H4, that is the point. Furguson stamped his authority on the club. Parker is incapable of any such action ...end of

In his early days Ferguson was a game or two away from being relieved of his duties so it was not all roses. Is it not 'accepted' that a Mark Robins goal that won the game gave him a reprieve. Parker, and like any of the proposed replacements, is in no position to stamp any sort of authority on this Club because football has changed a hundred fold and the owners call the shots. Or did you mean the team?
End of.

Karlos

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on April 11, 2021, 05:45:28 PM
To me it's not a Mr Parker problem.... it's the whole club's ideology, in that there isn't one....or doesn't appear to be one - we keep making the same mistakes...... somebody at the top has to have clear vision & dedication to the day to day and future direction of the club.....at the moment I haven't got a clue what the club are after

+ 1

colham

Parker did really well to get promotion with his tactics.  It was dull as dishwater, and a lot of people were calling for his head long before the playoffs.  A couple of decent performances and he was suddenly a genius telling Bryan to shoot.  Credit where its due for plugging a leaky defence and making some tough calls on players to drop.

But... is he the man to get promotion again?  Can you imagine a Parker side putting 7 past Huddersfield?  Stick or twist - I'd say twist.

Jules

Quote from: colham on April 11, 2021, 08:15:30 PM
Parker did really well to get promotion with his tactics.  It was dull as dishwater, and a lot of people were calling for his head long before the playoffs.  A couple of decent performances and he was suddenly a genius telling Bryan to shoot.  Credit where its due for plugging a leaky defence and making some tough calls on players to drop.

But... is he the man to get promotion again?  Can you imagine a Parker side putting 7 past Huddersfield?  Stick or twist - I'd say twist.

I think I agree, although if we do twist who do we go for? People mentioning the likes of Eddie Howe but no chance he would come to us in the championship.

Nero

Quote from: Karlos on April 11, 2021, 08:13:06 PM
Quote from: H4usuallysitting on April 11, 2021, 05:45:28 PM

+ 1

But wasn't this why Slav old asst was brought in as Ass DOF to develop a style thought out the Club, that or have someone in place if they had to sack Parker, dont think it would be the style Parker has been turning out,  but he moved on and no replacement yet probably down to Covid

Matt10

I can't help but feel that Parker is the coach the players want, but not the coach they need. They need to be chewed out when they screw up, and need to lose their spots. Based on his interviews, and the constant dialogue on the sidelines with Wells, it just seems so heavily based on "developing players". We're not getting results, but we're developing players. Forget that - we need results. This is just a gut feeling from a former college player.