watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

One to watch - Newcastle v West Ham

Started by rebel, April 17, 2021, 08:39:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rebel

West Ham has a lot riding on this, Champions League place. Early in the season fans were calling for Moyes to be sacked.

filham

No real interest to us ,we are too far behind now to avoid relegation.

On reflection though perhaps a Newcastle win could be looked upon as a final nail in our coffin although I expected that pleasure would be held back for Arsenal and Chelsea to administer in our next two games. Perhaps it will be less painful if Newcastle carry out the deadly deed today.

gang

rebel

Quote from: filham on April 17, 2021, 09:40:21 AM
No real interest to us ,we are too far behind now to avoid relegation.

On reflection though perhaps a Newcastle win could be looked upon as a final nail in our coffin although I expected that pleasure would be held back for Arsenal and Chelsea to administer in our next two games. Perhaps it will be less painful if Newcastle carry out the deadly deed today.

If West Ham beat Newcastle and we beat Arsenal, then you see a glimmer of hope. I'm 'ultra positive', reasons highlighted on another thread. If we are so defeatist, we might as well forfeit the next 6 matches and not turn up. That would kill the 'hope' for sure. 

rebel

Quote from: gang on April 17, 2021, 09:45:21 AM
Where there's life there's hope.

Yeah, agree. We has history that says so. I'm sure the team will be watching.

filham

Quote from: rebel on April 17, 2021, 09:52:17 AM

Where there are goals there is hope and nine goals at the Cottage over seventeen games does not generate much hope. Certainly not sufficient to start thinking of a win away to Arsenal.

Asotosyios

Quote from: filham on April 17, 2021, 10:50:48 AM
Quote from: rebel on April 17, 2021, 09:52:17 AM

Where there are goals there is hope and nine goals at the Cottage over seventeen games does not generate much hope. Certainly not sufficient to start thinking of a win away to Arsenal.

I agree with you that we are probably getting relegated, but we only need 2 goals in the next two games at the Cottage to win both. Perhaps we can set a record for the fewest goals scored at home while not being relegated  :dft012:

Slaphead in Qatar

Newcastle look a lot more threatening than us.

PaulJ123

Newcastle do look good, ASM is quality.

#HoweIn

Fulham 442

Newcastle 1 up and West Ham a man down!

Slaphead in Qatar

Newcastle score and west ham have a man sent off - perfect

Andyb

PaulJ123

Hahaha unbelievable, when the luck is going your way, it's really going your way.

#HoweIn

Andyb

Slaphead in Qatar

Now Joelinton has scored - thats as frequent as seeing Haley's Comet

The Cravenette

West Ham are not helping us at all.

Tbf, Newcastle looking pretty potent going forward  with Saint-Maxim. Not looking good for us unfortunately.

deadcowboys

When the story of the season is written, it is the results in the first 10 games that have done for us.

bobby01

Amazing what having players running forward with pace playing to runners going forward does. Not like our plod up the field and playing it behind our front men.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

bobby01

Quote from: deadcowboys on April 17, 2021, 01:20:43 PM
When the story of the season is written, it is the results in the first 10 games that have done for us.
[/quot

I keep seeing this but their has been plenty of games to negate the start we had, we have been consistently toothless.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

mancwhite

Quote from: deadcowboys on April 17, 2021, 01:20:43 PM
Irrespective of our poor start we have  had the opportunity against Villa, Leeds and Wolves to have all the momentum in this relegation fight but we were not good enough to take those chances.
Your just too good to be true Fulham