watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Best performing player this season

Started by Mr White, April 20, 2021, 11:24:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr White

My vote is ..Areola.kept us is so many games, created so much confidence in our defence.If only we could keep him, he's a great goalkeeper.

blingo

bobby01

Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

The Cravenette

Areola or Andersen, but Areola probably edges it. He has kept us in so many games and certainly kept the goal difference down.

We Are Premier League

Tough call between Areola and Andersen.

I will go with Andersen since he has been great deffensivly but is also so important when we have the ball, great range of passing, calm and hardly ever gives it away.

Cambridge Pete

Andersen, Areola and Harrison. All three have been superb. Mention also for Aina, Tosin and Tete. Lamina has been above expectations as well. But all personal opinion. Biggest disappointment RLC.

toshes mate

Andersen by a country mile given his ability to influence games at both ends of the pitch.  Areola has certainly been the best Fulham 'keeper for a while and I'll be sorry to see him go if we are relegated, but he is not yet the finished article, IMO.  Outside those two Reed had an excellent run of performances but has found the going tougher the longer the season has gone and the less well assembled our midfield has been (because we haven't had a recognised striker).  No real stand outs elsewhere but it has been a pretty poor season for consistency which IMO is why we are where we are.

colinwhite

Agree with Tosh though Areola has been excellent.

simplyfulham

Agree with everything Tosh said to be honest.

1. Andersen
2. Areola
3. Reed

Fulham 442

Quote from: Cambridge Pete on April 20, 2021, 12:27:52 PM
Andersen, Areola and Harrison. All three have been superb. Mention also for Aina, Tosin and Tete. Lamina has been above expectations as well. But all personal opinion. Biggest disappointment RLC.
This sums it up well for me.

MJG

Areola hands down...nope sorry that Betts with hand s down.

Areola been by far best player on a consistant basis.
Just the views of a long term fan

simplyfulham

Honourable mention for Bobby Decordova-Reid.

Maybe not a popular opinion but he is our top goalscorer. From 8 shots on target he's scored 5 which is an impressive ratio at least.

toshes mate

Quote from: MJG on April 20, 2021, 01:03:00 PM

I bow to your use of the word consistency and the fact that a goalkeeper more than anyone else of the pitch has to impose on those in front of him.  My caveat is that I think he has the makings of becoming a superb 'keeper and it would have been great to see that happen as a Fulham player.   My other caveat is that I saw what Andersen offered from day one (less so from Areola before Andersen arrived).  But you are right I shouldn't have used the phrase 'country mile' ...

MJG

Quote from: toshes mate on April 20, 2021, 01:33:38 PM
Quote from: MJG on April 20, 2021, 01:03:00 PM

I bow to your use of the word consistency and the fact that a goalkeeper more than anyone else of the pitch has to impose on those in front of him.  My caveat is that I think he has the makings of becoming a superb 'keeper and it would have been great to see that happen as a Fulham player.   My other caveat is that I saw what Andersen offered from day one (less so from Areola before Andersen arrived).  But you are right I shouldn't have used the phrase 'country mile' ...
I'm not 100% sold on Andersen...I think his lack of pace and focus recently give him a black mark against, but the keeper has kept us in games we should have lost big time. Can see it as a close call on both.
Just the views of a long term fan

HV71

Areole
Andersen
Reed

All three have served the club incredibly well this season - shame that two will probably depart next season

HV71

Lordedmundo

1. Andersen (close to MOTM every game and the leader that we needed)
2. Areola (Many match winning/saving performances - brilliant after an initial shaky start)
3. Reed (it took him 3-4 games to get up to the pace of the Premier League but since then has been magnificient)

Jim©

Id add one in there- Ola Aina. He's like a huge upgrade on Dennis' versatility. I've been very impressed with him all season but I'd say Areola number one, Andersen then Aina.

filham

Quote from: simplyfulham on April 20, 2021, 01:12:00 PM

Maybe not a popular opinion but he is our top goalscorer. From 8 shots on target he's scored 5 which is an impressive ratio at least.
Reid has missed too many half chances which in our predicament have to be taken.

Agree with the majority it is a three horse race Anderson, Areola and Reed with Anderson winning by a clear length.

simplyfulham

Quote from: filham on April 20, 2021, 03:12:58 PM
Quote from: simplyfulham on April 20, 2021, 01:12:00 PM

Reid has missed too many half chances which in our predicament have to be taken.

Agree with the majority it is a three horse race Anderson, Areola and Reed with Anderson winning by a clear length.

That may as well be but he's missed far far less than others.

Cav, RLC and Mitrovic are the worst offenders by most metrics when it comes to chances missed.