https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official Silly Season Summer Transfer Thread 2021/22

Started by Friendsoffulham, May 21, 2021, 03:23:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JEEVES

Quote from: HillingdonFFC on August 03, 2021, 07:07:34 PM
Boro back in for Muniz, his agent is having a field day

Yeah I was expecting that to happen seeing as we seem unable to close the deal.

Blawarmy

Quote from: JEEVES on August 03, 2021, 08:10:44 PM

We're trying to bring the price down. Therefore we will probably end up signing an injured striker on deadline day

BestOfBrede

Tom_FFC

Quote from: Blawarmy on August 03, 2021, 09:12:25 PM
Quote from: JEEVES on August 03, 2021, 08:10:44 PM

We're trying to bring the price down. Therefore we will probably end up signing an injured striker on deadline day

This is probably an accurate assumption.

SuffolkWhite

Hard decisions for the player, live in London or Middlesbrough  064.gif the player will have some say on this deal!!!
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

Andy S

That is what negotiation is all about. Some you win some you lose.there is a big pool of players around and there is no need to pay more than a player is worth

Texas White

Are we in for Dembele as well? Weighing our options maybe?

Blawarmy

Quote from: Texas White on August 03, 2021, 10:59:41 PM
Are we in for Dembele as well? Weighing our options maybe?
The more players who can regularly hit the onion bag, the better.   

gang

Forget players, would it not be better just to sign Peterboroug's chief scout?

Riversider

Muniz latest, after agreeing all the money, the terms and the conditions we then fail to send the paperwork thus delaying the deal.

WestSussexWhite

Quote from: Riversider on August 04, 2021, 05:02:13 AM
Muniz latest, after agreeing all the money, the terms and the conditions we then fail to send the paperwork thus delaying the deal.

He's in covid isolation for another week, which is why we haven't sent the paperwork. There is lots of time of this because he won't in a position to sigh until end of next week at the earliest

junior white

Quote from: WestSussexWhite on August 04, 2021, 07:57:54 AM

He's in covid isolation for another week, which is why we haven't sent the paperwork. There is lots of time of this because he won't in a position to sigh until end of next week at the earliest
So while we don't send the paperwork another club could and close a deal with the club? Yes the player may not want to go there but it could make the price higher or at the very least payment terms better for the selling club that us. Better to get the paperwork over and say this is subject to full recovery from COVID and passing of a medical. Then they are locked in and cant change anything.

ken 44

I agree with JW send the paperwork if the hard negotiations have been completed.

ken 44

WSW I would respectfully suggest that sending the paperwork
does secure the deal and prevents us being gazumped at the last
minuit.

MaxFFC

According to Adam Leventhal from The Athletic Marco Silva remains an admirer of Will Hughes and Nathaniel Chalobah and we may consider a move for either as the transfer window develops.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Asotosyios

The Greek media are reporting this morning that Fulham have an agreement with Aris for Kamara and the Greek club will now start negotiations with the player's agent.

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 using Tapatalk

Craven Mad

Quote from: Asotosyios on August 04, 2021, 09:13:13 AM
The Greek media are reporting this morning that Fulham have an agreement with Aris for Kamara and the Greek club will now start negotiations with the player's agent.

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 using Tapatalk

Super news - best outcome for all parties

WestSussexWhite

Quote from: junior white on August 04, 2021, 08:02:44 AM

So while we don't send the paperwork another club could and close a deal with the club? Yes the player may not want to go there but it could make the price higher or at the very least payment terms better for the selling club that us. Better to get the paperwork over and say this is subject to full recovery from COVID and passing of a medical. Then they are locked in and cant change anything.

Even if we send the paperwork, there is nothing stopping another club coming in fo let him anyway. Until he's signed a contract anything can happen. If a club offer more money, they can withdraw with us at any point, no contracts will be signed until he has done his medical and we've paid the money

RaySmith

junior white

Quote from: WestSussexWhite on August 04, 2021, 09:53:05 AM
Quote from: junior white on August 04, 2021, 08:02:44 AM

Even if we send the paperwork, there is nothing stopping another club coming in fo let him anyway. Until he's signed a contract anything can happen. If a club offer more money, they can withdraw with us at any point, no contracts will be signed until he has done his medical and we've paid the money
Thats why i say send them and sign them with the caveat of passing a medical. This is exactly what clubs do, Man Utd are signing Varane hasnt had his medical due to no visa as yet but the deal is done and signed subject to a medical. Before people say it isnt both clubs in the Varane case have announced the deal based on that premise, i.e. he passes the medical. It is how clubs work even national league clubs.

If we are not protecting ourselves on deals by doing this, it explains why we get shafted so often and miss out on players.

They sign the deal the player comes to us if all ok then if not they can sell elsewhere, stops either club changing the deal as well