https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official Silly Season Summer Transfer Thread 2021/22

Started by Friendsoffulham, May 21, 2021, 03:23:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WestSussexWhite

081.gif
Quote from: filham on August 01, 2021, 09:41:54 PM
Do we believe that both Grimes and Muniz deals are held up because of Covid or is it perhaps likely that TK wants to delay things to ensure he is not missing an alternative  bargain or two on window closing day.

I'm not sure their respective clubs would Go for that. Muniz was asymptomatic and he only tested positive cos of the covid test in his medical coming back positive. I don't know much about Grimes but I know there were 3 or 4 Swansea players that tested positive

AnOldBrownie

Do we believe that both Grimes and Muniz deals are held up because of Covid or is it perhaps likely that TK wants to delay things to ensure he is not missing an alternative  bargain or two on window closing day.

No.  I don't believe that is the case. :54:

General

Quote from: WestSussexWhite on August 01, 2021, 09:49:30 PM
081.gif

I'm not sure their respective clubs would Go for that. Muniz was asymptomatic and he only tested positive cos of the covid test in his medical coming back positive. I don't know much about Grimes but I know there were 3 or 4 Swansea players that tested positive

Yeah, for what its worth and it may mean nothing whatsoever but muniz's Instagram had a story of him watching flamengo on TV celebrating one of his friends goals. I inagine that shows he does have covid and is isolating.

Whitestone

Quote from: General on August 01, 2021, 09:56:46 PM
081.gif

Yeah, for what its worth and it may mean nothing whatsoever but muniz's Instagram had a story of him watching flamengo on TV celebrating one of his friends goals. I inagine that shows he does have covid and is isolating.

Muniz was an unused sub when Flamengo played ABC in a Copa do Brasil match just two days ago (Friday 30th July).

JackHamlet90

Muniz is certainly needed for me when Mitro isn't performing we need another option.
Grimes will be a good addition although will probably limit the chances for Francois

WestSussexWhite

Quote from: Whitestone on August 01, 2021, 10:14:15 PM
Quote from: General on August 01, 2021, 09:56:46 PM
081.gif

Muniz was an unused sub when Flamengo played ABC in a Copa do Brasil match just two days ago (Friday 30th July).

Yeah he tested positive the following day in the first part of his FFC medical in Brazil

filham

Quote from: JackHamlet90 on August 02, 2021, 06:34:08 AM
Muniz is certainly needed for me when Mitro isn't performing we need another option.
Grimes will be a good addition although will probably limit the chances for Francois

Mitro didn't perform against 1st division opposition on Sunday, we need that new striker option now.

WestSussexWhite

Quote from: filham on August 02, 2021, 10:09:37 AM

Mitro didn't perform against 1st division opposition on Sunday, we need that new striker option now.

To be honest, Mitro never shows up for Pre-Season. I'll give him a few more weeks

Deeping_white

Quote from: filham on August 02, 2021, 10:09:37 AM

A) It's pre-season so not the end of the world
B) If we could pass to him in the first half he probably would've had a few goals and you're not even writing this post
C) He's had a shorter pre-season than everyone else so still getting up to speed

Tabby

Maybe all the friendlies should be played behind closed doors seeing as some take them to be the be all end all for judging players. Guess it makes a change from accusing Tony Khan of making players we haven't signed fake having covid for nefarious purposes.

ken 44

Arthur I understand your post but have you considered what you and I do not know
and that is the instructions given to him by our new manager. Maybe along the lines of
this is a friendly and I need you fit for next weekend so use the game as a keep fit outing
and nothing more?

Oakeshott

There is a chap, clearly a supporter, who currently runs two horses, Mitrosonfire (pretty good in its class) and Hammy End (only one win in 28 races and not much cop). Here's hoping M lives up to the first one's name this season.

Deeping_white

Quote from: Arthur on August 02, 2021, 01:48:57 PM
Quote from: ken 44 on August 02, 2021, 01:41:27 PM
Arthur I understand your post but have you considered what you and I do not know
and that is the instructions given to him by our new manager. Maybe along the lines of
this is a friendly and I need you fit for next weekend so use the game as a keep fit outing
and nothing more?

Do you believe that was what Mitrovic was told? Are you telling me you're confident he'll turn in a performance against Boro worthy of the accolade 'best striker in the Championship'?

But you can flip this quite basic argument back on yourself and say that how do you know he wont? Everyone was slagging Harry Kane off at the Euro's saying he's crap, drop him etc. etc. and then one goal and he shut them all up because he got straight back into the groove. We've not seen Mitro play in a forward thinking team for a while, by Sunday he'll have had an extra week of training to increase his fitness  further and could come out all guns blazing

Deeping_white

Quote from: Arthur on August 02, 2021, 02:08:31 PM
Quote from: Deeping_white on August 02, 2021, 01:51:45 PM
But you can flip this quite basic argument back on yourself and say that how do you know he wont? Everyone was slagging Harry Kane off at the Euro's saying he's crap, drop him etc. etc. and then one goal and he shut them all up because he got straight back into the groove. We've not seen Mitro play in a forward thinking team for a while, by Sunday he'll have had an extra week of training to increase his fitness  further and could come out all guns blazing

I agree; I don't know he won't play a blinder.

You may not have looked back, however, to see that my reference to not having confidence in Mitrovic producing such a star performance was in response to a post which chided those supporters who are concerned that what we saw from him on Saturday was no different to what we were seeing last season.

I simply commented I didn't think it unreasonable to worry that a similar performance might be in the offing against Boro - and that, in my opinion, this is more likely than that he'll play with 'all guns blazing'. (But not a certainty, as you correctly say.)

Ah fair enough, apologies if I got the wrong end of the stick - I'm just fed up with a certain group of posters who seem to want to slag him off based on pre-season and make it seem as if we've gone from having a PL standard striker to a league one level donkey all of a sudden without offering any shred of tangible criticism

Tooting legend

Again thought this was a transfer feed...give me strength. Its like listening to a group of kids.  Let's keep this to transfer news only.

Statto

Sort of irrelevant isn't it? Wilson also did nothing on Saturday, Reid didn't even play, and i doubt anyone wants Knockaert or Cavaleiro up front. So Mitro starts against Boro.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: Tooting legend on August 02, 2021, 02:34:03 PM
Again thought this was a transfer feed...give me strength. Its like listening to a group of kids.  Let's keep this to transfer news only.

Agree

colinwhite

Mitro has nt done much for along time and hasnt loked great,but that can all change quickly if he can find the back of the net !

70sPimlico

Quote from: Mitrovic the warrior on August 02, 2021, 02:41:54 PM

Agree

And when there is real transfer news, someone sets up a new thread specifically for it

ChesterTheTabby

Quote from: 70sPimlico on August 02, 2021, 03:08:13 PM
Quote from: Mitrovic the warrior on August 02, 2021, 02:41:54 PM

Agree

And when there is real transfer news, someone sets up a new thread specifically for it

Clever!
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"