Started by Friendsoffulham, May 21, 2021, 03:23:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WolverineFFC

Quote from: General on August 01, 2021, 11:14:15 AM
Quote from: WestSussexWhite on August 01, 2021, 10:04:20 AM
Quote from: General on August 01, 2021, 09:38:13 AM
Quote from: junior white on August 01, 2021, 08:17:29 AM
Quote from: General on August 01, 2021, 12:51:47 AM
This is a better translation that seems to explain the situation a bit better.

Invalid Tweet ID?s=19

Loosely translated

- Flamengo asked for a value, Fulham accepted.  - Flamengo saw that it was easy, asked for a taller one, Fulham did not accept and returned the first one.  -> Fulham discovered that Flamengo, before negotiating with them, accepted a lower mt proposal and then lowered the price they were paying
So Flamengo now trying to get mor money upfront?

An unknown hopefully one o f our ITK's can update us

No. Looks like we're trying to pay less in line with a lower offer that flamengo accepted from boro.

So this deal is actually probably better for Flamengo in the long run. If he is good and sell him for 40 million. They will get 20 million of it! For what it's worth, I still think the deal happens. It seems both teams are bartering for a better deal

No, the deal is better for us from what I can tell, but that's only if we successfully renegotiate which if we are trying to do isn't guaranteed. I hope we get the deal over the line

Think it is more of a win-win scenario. Fulham are not a selling club, so paying less upfront suits them from FFP and so on. Might mean they can purchase another player or keep someone if this season's fee is less. Long term if he turns into a star, it benefits Fulham as well. It likely means they are in the Premier League and 5-10 million extra in sell ons would be nice to keep, but long term is peanuts compared to Premier League $$$.

General

Quote from: WolverineFFC on August 01, 2021, 02:37:29 PM

Invalid Tweet ID?s=19

Loosely translated

- Flamengo asked for a value, Fulham accepted.  - Flamengo saw that it was easy, asked for a taller one, Fulham did not accept and returned the first one.  -> Fulham discovered that Flamengo, before negotiating with them, accepted a lower mt proposal and then lowered the price they were paying

No. Looks like we're trying to pay less in line with a lower offer that flamengo accepted from boro.

So this deal is actually probably better for Flamengo in the long run. If he is good and sell him for 40 million. They will get 20 million of it! For what it's worth, I still think the deal happens. It seems both teams are bartering for a better deal

No, the deal is better for us from what I can tell, but that's only if we successfully renegotiate which if we are trying to do isn't guaranteed. I hope we get the deal over the line

Think it is more of a win-win scenario. Fulham are not a selling club, so paying less upfront suits them from FFP and so on. Might mean they can purchase another player or keep someone if this season's fee is less. Long term if he turns into a star, it benefits Fulham as well. It likely means they are in the Premier League and 5-10 million extra in sell ons would be nice to keep, but long term is peanuts compared to Premier League $$$.

Agreed on the points you make and it does seem as if the journo who has been most across this thinks the deal will go ahead regardless. The point I was making though was that if flamengo chose not to accept lower terms and the renegotiation than we may have shot ourselves in the foot as the short term gain is only ours as there's no guarantee they would've have accepted and that may have soured the water.

Also, re fair play point.. surely saving money on a deal being good for FFP and then taking the savings to spend ultimately leaves us not being good at FFP if you're just spending the difference anyway.

WestSussexWhite

Quote from: General on August 01, 2021, 03:36:38 PM

Invalid Tweet ID?s=19

Loosely translated

Agreed on the points you make and it does seem as if the journo who has been most across this thinks the deal will go ahead regardless. The point I was making though was that if flamengo chose not to accept lower terms and the renegotiation than we may have shot ourselves in the foot as the short term gain is only ours as there's no guarantee they would've have accepted and that may have soured the water.

Also, re fair play point.. surely saving money on a deal being good for FFP and then taking the savings to spend ultimately leaves us not being good at FFP if you're just spending the difference anyway.

Regarding FFP, it may be that another deal which is now on the table for another player will tip us over the edge FFP wise. Hence re-negotiation to a slightly smaller deal on this one

WolverineFFC

Quote from: WestSussexWhite on August 01, 2021, 03:38:23 PM
Quote from: General on August 01, 2021, 03:36:38 PM

Invalid Tweet ID?s=19

Loosely translated

Regarding FFP, it may be that another deal which is now on the table for another player will tip us over the edge FFP wise. Hence re-negotiation to a slightly smaller deal on this one

Yes, this was my point.

junior white

Quote from: WestSussexWhite on August 01, 2021, 02:04:27 PM

Invalid Tweet ID?s=19

Loosely translated

Vene thinks Flamengo will accept the new deal
Never heard of this guy, a South American journo. Would prefer a uk journo with any reputation to say something. As said before time to wai for the club to say something on he offal

Thisis where someone will say he is a highly respected and informed journalist in South America, i cant say yes or no as never heard of him but i am sure there are some South American football followers who do know him

WestSussexWhite

Quote from: junior white on August 01, 2021, 05:52:09 PM

Invalid Tweet ID?s=19

Loosely translated

Never heard of this guy, a South American journo. Would prefer a uk journo with any reputation to say something. As said before time to wai for the club to say something on he offal

Thisis where someone will say he is a highly respected and informed journalist in South America, i cant say yes or no as never heard of him but i am sure there are some South American football followers who do know him

Yeah the Brazilian fans I've asked on Twitter say he's the most reliable football journalist in Brazil. They compared him to John Percy of the telegraph which is good enough for me!

junior white

Quote from: WestSussexWhite on August 01, 2021, 05:57:47 PM

Invalid Tweet ID?s=19

Loosely translated

Yeah the Brazilian fans I've asked on Twitter say he's the most reliable football journalist in Brazil. They compared him to John Percy of the telegraph which is good enough for me!
While i have respect for you and your sources, i am not taking the word of Brazilian football fans saying someone is a good journo. Thats like asking West Ham fans to recommend a West Ham player they are all world beaters.

It's crazy to think about this in the way some of us are, including me, getting excited bailout a 20 year old Brazilian that 99% off us have never heard of and are taking the word of a journo that 99.5% of us have never heard of as gospel.

I am not a doom and gloom merchant but nowadays the social media goes wild and everyone (i bought into it too) buys into it

sunburywhite

While i have respect for you and your sources, i am not taking the word of Brazilian football fans saying someone is a good journo. Thats like asking West Ham fans to recommend a West Ham player they are all world beaters.

It's crazy to think about this in the way some of us are, including me, getting excited bailout a 20 year old Brazilian that 99% off us have never heard of and are taking the word of a journo that 99.5% of us have never heard of as gospel.

I am not a doom and gloom merchant but nowadays the social media goes wild and everyone (i bought into it too) buys into it
[/quote]

You forget West Ham won the World Cup in 1966
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

junior white

Quote from: sunburywhite on August 01, 2021, 06:23:45 PM

You forget West Ham won the World Cup in 1966
[/quote]
Lol and that Man Utd got us to the final lol,

General

Quote from: junior white on August 01, 2021, 06:02:26 PM

Invalid Tweet ID?s=19

Loosely translated

Don't know how old you are as your self professed name is junior white, but it takes an awful lot to become a well known and respected journalist, key amongst those is earning everyone's trust and respect and managing relationships well enough to get key information on sensitive deals before anyone else. That takes a lot to do in football and very few master it. If a Brazilian journo like Vene says things about a deal then it is a safe pair of hands to assume that whenever he writes the articles or tweets that he is saying what it pretty much true as of the moment he tweets.

I know it's putting a lot of trust from our side in a source, but he has a very good reputation and with that a strong list of contacts who have proven willingness to give him sensitive information. He mentioned one of his sources for the information he got as being our own manager marco silva. This isn't the kid down the block who's tweeting anything he can via a random account name to come across as in the know or making up stuff just to get followers, it's a job for this guy where he's put in years, maybe decades into cultivating a reputation and relationships with key people in football clubs, players, managers etc for being true to his word and earning respect for knowing how to toe lines re information.

As for Muniz, perhaps I'm speaking out of turn but I think most people aren't getting genuinely carried away by Muniz. 80-95% of people on the board will be very aware that this kid is untried and a relative gamble at 20 years old, that being said he's one of our key transfer targets and so far it seems likely that he'll come, so it makes sense to find as much information about his and share it.

Firstly- silva has been in the job here for less than a couple of months. From sources it seems as if this was a transfer he wanted done personally and he has spoken of a project and where Muniz fits in.

If that is the case then it may also be a case that Silva has known of Muniz for a while and has developed a understanding of the player over a number of years that has led to him wanting to sign him. He has been unemployed since 2019 so part of that time could well be scouting young talent.

Silva is a Portuguese speaking manager, one of the best in the world given the fact that he's managed in the Premier league, the top Portuguese league etc. (And yes there is obviously levels to his ability and what it means to be one of the best- he's not a scolari, mourinho mould, but given his profile it could be argued he's in the top 100 or 60 managers in the Portuguese speaking world out of everyone who has attempted managing)

He has a track record of developing Brazilian players (e.g. richarlison), this means he may very well over the years spent time getting to know the Brazilian Market and country, whilst understanding the talent pool building his own networks of informers and sources, as well as perhaps having an invested interest in the markets of his mother tongue.

Based on the above, and probably a lot more it seems OK to suggest that it's worth paying attention to this transfer, trusting particular views or sources of the news and having a degree of confidence that actually, whilst nothing is proven, there is a better chance that the source may be accurate and whilst muniz may be an unknown to us and a punt/gamble- that it may be less so for our manager.

Muniz is 20, he's an upstart- but he is producing the goods at one of South Americas biggest clubs (I know we have an egotistical approach that everything British is better, but let's be real for a moment and acknowledge it counts for something- it's given the game some of its very best players). Yes he's third choice but he's getting game time where the two strikers above him are seasoned pros and well respected for their ability.

The hype from Brazil in brasil and from the flamengo fans is that they think if he stayed there for a couple more years he would have what it takes to become brasils number 9.

This is coming from fans of a club that have seen Ronaldinho, dida, adriano, zico  and Romario play for the club and who are Brazilian fans first and foremost so I imagine would know what is expected of a player who be a starting striker for the national team.

Now, that's not me saying I think he's nailed on to be fantastic for us or that we're well on our way to signing the next best thing, merely just acknowledging that sometimes a few words from a fan base or a journo have far greater context behind them that you're seemingly able or willing to acknowledge.

The championship is a difficult and physically demanding league. I don't know how you'd compare the quality if the championship to that of top South American football but let's give the guy a chance. There's more here to suggest it may work out than a lot of the younger players we may have brought in over the years.

FFCFOREVER

Well having lived and travelled in Brazil for 3 years and visiting the Maracana whilst watching Flamengo play, the Brazilian journo in question is USUALLY bang on the money regarding Flamengo news and is one of the most reliable sources of Brazilian football news.

Somerset Fulham

There are rumours surfacing that we're having a go for Adam Armstrong. Nothing to substantiate it yet,  but I would be all over that if true..

HV71

70sPimlico

Quote from: Somerset Fulham on August 01, 2021, 08:36:23 PM
There are rumours surfacing that we're having a go for Adam Armstrong. Nothing to substantiate it yet,  but I would be all over that if true..
That's the title, right there if so.

WestSussexWhite

We simply cannot afford him, this sounds like agent talk trying to get Southampton to make another bid. They are asking for 25 million too. Ive spoken to my source this afternoon and there's not a single bid on the table for any of our players, and realistically to afford Armstrong Zambo would need to go. Which currently is looking unlikely. I'd love Armstrong but it won't happen

junior white

Quote from: HV71 on August 01, 2021, 08:43:44 PM
We need Tim Vickery .... He is a reliable journo
He is the only one i have heard of that deals with south america

junior white

Quote from: General on August 01, 2021, 07:11:49 PM
Quote from: junior white on August 01, 2021, 06:02:26 PM

Invalid Tweet ID?s=19

Loosely translated

Don't know how old you are as your self professed name is junior white, but it takes an awful lot to become a well known and respected journalist, key amongst those is earning everyone's trust and respect and managing relationships well enough to get key information on sensitive deals before anyone else. That takes a lot to do in football and very few master it. If a Brazilian journo like Vene says things about a deal then it is a safe pair of hands to assume that whenever he writes the articles or tweets that he is saying what it pretty much true as of the moment he tweets.

I know it's putting a lot of trust from our side in a source, but he has a very good reputation and with that a strong list of contacts who have proven willingness to give him sensitive information. He mentioned one of his sources for the information he got as being our own manager marco silva. This isn't the kid down the block who's tweeting anything he can via a random account name to come across as in the know or making up stuff just to get followers, it's a job for this guy where he's put in years, maybe decades into cultivating a reputation and relationships with key people in football clubs, players, managers etc for being true to his word and earning respect for knowing how to toe lines re information.

As for Muniz, perhaps I'm speaking out of turn but I think most people aren't getting genuinely carried away by Muniz. 80-95% of people on the board will be very aware that this kid is untried and a relative gamble at 20 years old, that being said he's one of our key transfer targets and so far it seems likely that he'll come, so it makes sense to find as much information about his and share it.

Firstly- silva has been in the job here for less than a couple of months. From sources it seems as if this was a transfer he wanted done personally and he has spoken of a project and where Muniz fits in.

If that is the case then it may also be a case that Silva has known of Muniz for a while and has developed a understanding of the player over a number of years that has led to him wanting to sign him. He has been unemployed since 2019 so part of that time could well be scouting young talent.

Silva is a Portuguese speaking manager, one of the best in the world given the fact that he's managed in the Premier league, the top Portuguese league etc. (And yes there is obviously levels to his ability and what it means to be one of the best- he's not a scolari, mourinho mould, but given his profile it could be argued he's in the top 100 or 60 managers in the Portuguese speaking world out of everyone who has attempted managing)

He has a track record of developing Brazilian players (e.g. richarlison), this means he may very well over the years spent time getting to know the Brazilian Market and country, whilst understanding the talent pool building his own networks of informers and sources, as well as perhaps having an invested interest in the markets of his mother tongue.

Based on the above, and probably a lot more it seems OK to suggest that it's worth paying attention to this transfer, trusting particular views or sources of the news and having a degree of confidence that actually, whilst nothing is proven, there is a better chance that the source may be accurate and whilst muniz may be an unknown to us and a punt/gamble- that it may be less so for our manager.

Muniz is 20, he's an upstart- but he is producing the goods at one of South Americas biggest clubs (I know we have an egotistical approach that everything British is better, but let's be real for a moment and acknowledge it counts for something- it's given the game some of its very best players). Yes he's third choice but he's getting game time where the two strikers above him are seasoned pros and well respected for their ability.

The hype from Brazil in brasil and from the flamengo fans is that they think if he stayed there for a couple more years he would have what it takes to become brasils number 9.

This is coming from fans of a club that have seen Ronaldinho, dida, adriano, zico  and Romario play for the club and who are Brazilian fans first and foremost so I imagine would know what is expected of a player who be a starting striker for the national team.

Now, that's not me saying I think he's nailed on to be fantastic for us or that we're well on our way to signing the next best thing, merely just acknowledging that sometimes a few words from a fan base or a journo have far greater context behind them that you're seemingly able or willing to acknowledge.

The championship is a difficult and physically demanding league. I don't know how you'd compare the quality if the championship to that of top South American football but let's give the guy a chance. There's more here to suggest it may work out than a lot of the younger players we may have brought in over the years.
Not sure my age has anything to do with it but I am int0 my 20's, I appreciate what I takes to become a well known journo, but having never live din South America how can I to anyone that hasn't know if he is or isnt. I dont follow South American football and at a guess 99% on this board wouldnt either.

No singing is ever sue to be a success lots could go wrong, injury, loss of form, nerves, just a one season wonder or a one tournament wonder, so while i got sucked in I am now sceptical.

Does he have Covid? Is it a tactic to say he has it and then he doesnt so they can try to re negotiate the fee, is it us trying to be tight, is there an agent involved or third party ownership, this is why i am now sceptical and not willing to go down the route of believing everything someone I JW be never heard of says.

I am not having a go just saying its difficult to do so, which is why i wait for the Offal announcement.

junior white

Quote from: FFCFOREVER on August 01, 2021, 07:22:22 PM
Well having lived and travelled in Brazil for 3 years and visiting the Maracana whilst watching Flamengo play, the Brazilian journo in question is USUALLY bang on the money regarding Flamengo news and is one of the most reliable sources of Brazilian football news.
That may well be the case, i am basing my vie own I have never heard of him but then as I have said a few times i dont follow south American football.

I lived in The Netherlands, Belgium and France for a number of years between the age of 16 and 23 whilst my father worked for some football clubs, there are journalists that are reliable there but that doesnt mean anyone on her would think that as they would probably never have heard of them, it isnt personal just a matter of fact on my side about South America

FFCFOREVER

Yeah me too. Great at Champ level. Was we not linked with him a while back as well though?

filham

Do we believe that both Grimes and Muniz deals are held up because of Covid or is it perhaps likely that TK wants to delay things to ensure he is not missing an alternative  bargain or two on window closing day.