Started by Friendsoffulham, May 21, 2021, 03:23:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brightster

Quote from: bencher on September 01, 2021, 09:54:54 AM
Quote from: brightster on September 01, 2021, 09:46:11 AM
Quote from: bencher on September 01, 2021, 08:04:31 AM
Quote from: brightster on September 01, 2021, 07:50:09 AM
Good window, well done 👍.
Not too worried about RB / RWB, we got Denis and BDR can also fill in there, we have Sess still on the books.

Christie is also on the books. So is Fossey. Could Fossey get a look in?

I didn't mention those two as I think Silva has already said not part of his plans, think they can still be loaned out as that window hasn't shut yet. But if he can use either of them that's a bonus.

I see that Fossey signed a new 2 year contract in June. He turns 23 in November. This is his best chance to get a crack at the first team. I haven't seen much of him but I know some on this board rate him highly.

Agree with you, best chance is to prove himself to the new boss, I have seen Fossey a couple of times but only pre season friendlies, he looks good on the ball, fast and good passer, my only worry with him is that he is a bit injury prone.
As for Christie just do not think he is happy at Fulham, never felt he has settled, am sure the Barnsley incident didn't help.

MickyAdamsFamily

I believe it used to be that the loan window closed on deadline day for Premier league teams, but that the lower leagues had an extra week to have loans (presumably to allow Prem teams to offload excess players after their transfers are complete). I'm not sure if that's true this year, but I would think we'll be trying to loan out a few players if so.
Also, Fossey was an outstanding player at youth level, and looked to have a great career ahead of him, but his trajectory was interrupted by lengthy and problematic injuries. Allegedly they're a behind him now, but he hasn't appeared to have reached a level that his potential hinted at years ago. He and Steve Sess chould get an opportunity now to show their worth

AJW48361

Looking forward hopefully to next season would you worry the Two Watford boys were considered surplus to requirements in the premier league by their present club.

The Cravenette

It seems loans are no longer allowed outside of the transfer window.  In that case we seem to be "stuck" with a fair few players who won't be getting near the first team squad but will still be on the wage bill.

Probably the only disappointment of the window.

That and Cav not signing, but hopefully he will do that soon.

The Cravenette

Quote from: AJW48361 on September 01, 2021, 10:15:42 AM
Looking forward hopefully to next season would you worry the Two Watford boys were considered surplus to requirements in the premier league by their present club.

Watford wanted to keep them but they didn't want to stay.

WestSussexWhite

Quote from: AJW48361 on September 01, 2021, 10:15:42 AM

Chalobah turned down a 5 year deal this summer at watford and Quina turned down a new deal too. Will Highes did the same

f bloke

Fossey was stand out good at u 18 level, particularly when on the ball.  He needed to work a bit on his off the ball game. At the u 18 level I would have taken Fossey over S Sess, Spence and Drameh and to me he looked just as first team ready as R Sess did when he got the initial first team call. Poor bloke has however been plagued by injuries ever since and has lost the best part of 4 years to injury- suspect he hasn't played more than 20 games in that period. Is that something that you can get over? What is encouraging is that a Villa fan commenting on Twitter on the u 23 game on Friday was hugely complementary and thought he was the stand out player on the pitch.

AJW48361

Is that the reason they wasn't starting matches.I read that they were told they will get insufficient playing time.

bobby01

Odd from yesterday, Maja failed his medical at Forest.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

MickyAdamsFamily

I thought the same about Fossey's play in U18.
Part of the reason that Cody Drameh and Djed Spence wanted to move elsewhere was that Fossey was clearly ahead of them at Fulham.
I hadn't seen that report on the U23's game w/Villa, but hopefully if he's recovered his form & fitness, he'll be able to step up and grab this opportunity.

snarks

Quote from: bobby01 on September 01, 2021, 10:48:26 AM

Long thing on Sky yesterday about medicals, the bloke being interviewed said you don't really fail a medical, they just point out concerns and the club decides what to do. All the results depend on age, where they are in their career, ongoing prospects and resale value if for example they show wear in knees etc

bencher

Quote from: snarks on September 01, 2021, 11:06:03 AM

Long thing on Sky yesterday about medicals, the bloke being interviewed said you don't really fail a medical, they just point out concerns and the club decides what to do. All the results depend on age, where they are in their career, ongoing prospects and resale value if for example they show wear in knees etc

I think this is fairly obvious when you think about it. It's not like a driving test. It's more like when you buy a house. Your solicitor (speaking as one) and surveyor reports on all the potential problems and you make a decision whether to accept them and proceed or not. The only question is who makes the final decision within the club whether to proceed.

AJW48361

Regarding Fossey haven't watch him recently but he look potentially very good a few seasons ago but to me came across lacking a bit physically.

BestOfBrede

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on September 01, 2021, 09:28:52 AM
One of the most important issues is the fact that we did not transfer out any key players on the last day.
Agree - I was watching sky all through yesterday worried sick we would lose any of our players, especially Tosin and Carvalho
Well done Fulham

itombomb

Quote from: The Cravenette on September 01, 2021, 10:19:57 AM
It seems loans are no longer allowed outside of the transfer window.  In that case we seem to be "stuck" with a fair few players who won't be getting near the first team squad but will still be on the wage bill.

Presumably clubs can still sign free agents? In which case I wouldn't be surprised if a couple of players are released with a bit of a golden handshake, and then they are allowed to move on.

junior white

Quote from: itombomb on September 01, 2021, 12:37:27 PM
Quote from: The Cravenette on September 01, 2021, 10:19:57 AM

Presumably clubs can still sign free agents? In which case I wouldn't be surprised if a couple of players are released with a bit of a golden handshake, and then they are allowed to move on.
A player cannot sign for a club if he is released after a transfer window has closed. He has to have been released before that

bobby01

Quote from: bencher on September 01, 2021, 11:11:06 AM
Quote from: snarks on September 01, 2021, 11:06:03 AM

I think this is fairly obvious when you think about it. It's not like a driving test. It's more like when you buy a house. Your solicitor (speaking as one) and surveyor reports on all the potential problems and you make a decision whether to accept them and proceed or not. The only question is who makes the final decision within the club whether to proceed.

Ty snarks never considered that, so obviously not obvious to me bencher.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

F(f)CUK

I think that one of the best bits of business through the transfer window was keeping Tosin. Will be essential in our push for promotion.

Deeping_white

?s=21

This makes me sad because I called him out as a potential option a few years ago, he's essentially an American Ryan Fredericks

Slaphead in Qatar

Quote from: Deeping_white on September 01, 2021, 03:54:12 PM
?s=21

This makes me sad because I called him out as a potential option a few years ago, he's essentially an American Ryan Fredericks

We can get him in Jan if right back is a problem position. Hopefully with BDR, Odoi etc we should be ok.