more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official Silly Season Summer Transfer Thread 2021/22

Started by Friendsoffulham, May 21, 2021, 03:23:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: F(f)CUK on September 01, 2021, 03:28:15 PM
I think that one of the best bits of business through the transfer window was keeping Tosin. Will be essential in our push for promotion.

100% agree.

FFC1987

Actually, for me, it was keeping Tete and Robinson. It can't be stressed enough how important the speed and work rate is out wide in this division. Tosin was obviously important, but those guys our wide are the biggest piece of the puzzle for a top 2 finish. Fingers crossed.

spoonffc

Convincing and rejuvenating Seri and Mitro. Fantastic business

bigalffc

Absolutely agree the best thing about this transfer window is about the players we retained. Well done TK and MS
Instead of seeing the rug being pulled from under us we can learn to dance on a shifting carpet - Thomas Crum

Denver Fulham

Quote from: FFC1987 on September 01, 2021, 04:43:55 PM
Actually, for me, it was keeping Tete and Robinson. It can't be stressed enough how important the speed and work rate is out wide in this division. Tosin was obviously important, but those guys our wide are the biggest piece of the puzzle for a top 2 finish. Fingers crossed.

It's pretty crazy that Tete's in this division with us. He's easily a PL starter. Made a bunch of appearances for Lyon and has 14 caps for the Netherlands. He's just a very, very good player and I'm glad we have him.

Robinson isn't that caliber of player (yet, anyway), but his speed with BDR on the left flank has been absolutely murdering teams in this division. Given his crossing and decision-making look improved, that's an incredible asset in this league. Combine that with interplay with Mitro, Fab and even Wilson when he drifts over (like the first goal vs Stoke), and it's hard to see many teams in this league being able to cope with our play on the left.

filham

Seri, Tosin, Robinson, Reed, Carvalho and Mitro must all have been an a wish list for some club. The fact that they are all still with us is more important than any new signing.

Deeping_white

?s=21

ChesterTheTabby

Quote from: Deeping_white on September 01, 2021, 07:02:23 PM
?s=21

Who the heck is this?
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

Deeping_white

Quote from: ChesterTheTabby on September 01, 2021, 07:25:40 PM
?s=21

Who the heck is this?

He's a right back who plays for the US National team - basically a younger Ryan Fredericks is the most accurate description

Twig

?s=21

Who the heck is this?

US international, plays in Portugal for Boavista. Would have been our replacement RB.

Cookie6262

Let's get him in January and really upset the rest of the division and secondtier podcast 😂

Denver Fulham

Wow. That's really a shame on Cannon. I mentioned last year on some thread on here that I think he's better than Robinson. He's quite good.

Caedal

is Aurier still available on a free? Surely we can persuade him to stay in London for 4 months?

WolverineFFC

Quote from: Denver Fulham on September 01, 2021, 08:21:59 PM
Wow. That's really a shame on Cannon. I mentioned last year on some thread on here that I think he's better than Robinson. He's quite good.

No doubt. Would have been a very solid pick up at the Championship level with the potential to develop into a top flight RB.

AJW48361

That would've been 3 yanks in the back 4 surely a record.

Jeroen

Quote from: Denver Fulham on September 01, 2021, 05:25:18 PM
Quote from: FFC1987 on September 01, 2021, 04:43:55 PM

It's pretty crazy that Tete's in this division with us. He's easily a PL starter. Made a bunch of appearances for Lyon and has 14 caps for the Netherlands. He's just a very, very good player and I'm glad we have him.

Robinson isn't that caliber of player (yet, anyway), but his speed with BDR on the left flank has been absolutely murdering teams in this division. Given his crossing and decision-making look improved, that's an incredible asset in this league. Combine that with interplay with Mitro, Fab and even Wilson when he drifts over (like the first goal vs Stoke), and it's hard to see many teams in this league being able to cope with our play on the left.

I think his injury 'helped' us as well! It seemed like there were quiet a few teams in the PL looking for a RB, so without the injury there would have been a few bids to test us

ChesterTheTabby

Quote from: Twig on September 01, 2021, 07:39:59 PM
?s=21

Who the heck is this?

US international, plays in Portugal for Boavista. Would have been our replacement RB.

As an American, I didn't even know him lol. I'm ashamed.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

Statto

Sounds like a 1950s Cockney celebrity. Live on stage tonight, Tommy Trinder and Reggie Cannon...

LC

Quote from: Caedal on September 01, 2021, 08:33:26 PM
is Aurier still available on a free? Surely we can persuade him to stay in London for 4 months?
That would be a outrageous bit of business but can't see it happening personally

WestSussexWhite

094.gif
Quote from: Caedal on September 01, 2021, 08:33:26 PM

No chance, was on 120k a week at Spurs, doubt he'll drop that by 2/3 to even get close to what we can pay him