watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official Silly Season Summer Transfer Thread 2021/22

Started by Friendsoffulham, May 21, 2021, 03:23:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt10

I'd really like Dike. Watched him play for Orlando as well. He's made the step up, and we need to take advantage of the momentum. Hopefully Jedi and Ream are talking up Fulham to him.

A lot of quality players in the Blackpool v Lincoln City side. Kenny Dougal is someone I've been watching for a while. He's got the vision and can strike the ball (two goals today of course), always popping up in the right spot. Think he'd be an excellent signing. Of course, tough to persuade, but still worth a punt.

LC

Apparently Famara Diédhiou is a free agent this summer. Would you take him as a back-up striker?

Jordan Shipley is also apparently on a free transfer, been promoted in league two and one and just had a season in the championship, young guy, might not be a bad squad player to have around if we have no budget.

jayffc

Dike looks pretty cumbersome to me to be honest,looks a long  way off prem quality and a pretty standard mid to upper champ player
That's based on not too much extensive research but well see if it materialises and will wait to see him in person

wheelerdeeler

Dike link also ignores the obvious that he'd be a like for like Mitrovic replacement stylistically, which Parker clearly doesn't like as a type of player. It's why I highlighted more mobile options in the Preview I put in here a week or so ago.

AJW48361

hongkongfulham

Just watched a Styles hype video. Some lovely little clips of the guy, would happily take him but only if Cairney leaves.

Dike seems good if Mitro leaves.

Any thoughts on Ryan Gauld? might be the scot in me talking but he looks handy for the touted 3 odd million. Tasty left foot and takes set pieces

Lyle from Hangeland

Quote from: wheelerdeeler on May 31, 2021, 12:18:13 AM
Dike link also ignores the obvious that he'd be a like for like Mitrovic replacement stylistically, which Parker clearly doesn't like as a type of player. It's why I highlighted more mobile options in the Preview I put in here a week or so ago.

This ignores that the Championship and the Premier League are two different competitions, and Mitrovic was the leader of the squad in Parker's first full season in charge.

Barrett487

https://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/stoke-liverpool-transfer-taiwo-awoniyi-5475892

Inside track on 'robust' Liverpool forward linked with Stoke City, West Brom and Fulham

Taiwo Awoniyi is expected to be on the move this summer after finally landing a work permit to play in England.

Awoniyi, aged 23, has spent his career so far on loan in either Belgium or Germany after joining Liverpool from former Stoke City midfielder Seyi Olofinjana's Imperial Soccer Academy back in 2015.

But the Nigeria youth striker has now qualified to play in the UK thanks to 16 starts in the Bundesliga over the last season with Union Berlin, who finished seventh.

The Liverpool Echo claims a number of English clubs have contacted Liverpool to register an interest - and Goal claim that includes Stoke, Fulham and West Brom, who will all be playing in the Championship next season.

The Athletic claims "Liverpool would sell for around £8m" but transfer fees are expected to be few and far between in the second tier this summer and a loan move might be most likely.

It is one month in particular over the winter, during a season affected by injuries, that has got managers on alert.

Bundeliga expert Daniel Pinder told Football FanCast: "He got five goals and three assists, and that run of five goals came across seven games, but then he picked up an injury and hasn't been the same since.

"But he's a player that puts himself around the box – he's tall, strong, wins those aerial battles and holds onto the ball well and brings in his teammates."

Matt10

Quote from: Barrett487 on May 31, 2021, 03:41:08 PM
https://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/stoke-liverpool-transfer-taiwo-awoniyi-5475892

Inside track on 'robust' Liverpool forward linked with Stoke City, West Brom and Fulham

Taiwo Awoniyi is expected to be on the move this summer after finally landing a work permit to play in England.

Awoniyi, aged 23, has spent his career so far on loan in either Belgium or Germany after joining Liverpool from former Stoke City midfielder Seyi Olofinjana's Imperial Soccer Academy back in 2015.

But the Nigeria youth striker has now qualified to play in the UK thanks to 16 starts in the Bundesliga over the last season with Union Berlin, who finished seventh.

The Liverpool Echo claims a number of English clubs have contacted Liverpool to register an interest - and Goal claim that includes Stoke, Fulham and West Brom, who will all be playing in the Championship next season.

The Athletic claims "Liverpool would sell for around £8m" but transfer fees are expected to be few and far between in the second tier this summer and a loan move might be most likely.

It is one month in particular over the winter, during a season affected by injuries, that has got managers on alert.

Bundeliga expert Daniel Pinder told Football FanCast: "He got five goals and three assists, and that run of five goals came across seven games, but then he picked up an injury and hasn't been the same since.

"But he's a player that puts himself around the box – he's tall, strong, wins those aerial battles and holds onto the ball well and brings in his teammates."

Watched him in the Bundesliga. Quite strong, and decent pace, just issues with finishing his chanceson occasion. Still, a player with Bundesliga experience is one I am a big fan of.

Barrett487

Quote from: Matt10 on May 31, 2021, 04:54:00 PM

Watched him in the Bundesliga. Quite strong, and decent pace, just issues with finishing his chanceson occasion. Still, a player with Bundesliga experience is one I am a big fan of.

Can't finish and recent injuries makes him a shoe-in  :005:

Matt10

Quote from: Barrett487 on May 31, 2021, 05:35:47 PM
Quote from: Matt10 on May 31, 2021, 04:54:00 PM

Can't finish and recent injuries makes him a shoe-in  :005:

Indeed. Not to mention, he hasn't scored since January  049:gif

bobby01

I notice we have a thing about Nigerians recently, not saying it's wrong just odd.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

Tabby

Quote from: bobby01 on May 31, 2021, 07:35:44 PM
I notice we have a thing about Nigerians recently, not saying it's wrong just odd.

They all grew up in London, so it isn't like it is that strange.

sunburywhite

Quote from: bobby01 on May 31, 2021, 07:35:44 PM

We must have had an e mail telling us that HMRC had a court case against us
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Asotosyios

MAN CITY READY TO OFFLOAD NMECHA

Manchester City are looking to help finance moves for Harry Kane and Jack Grealish by offloading loan signings including striker Lukas Nmecha this summer, according to the Daily Mail.

Nmecha, who is valued at £7m, has scored 20 goals for Anderlecht this season and is a member of the Germany Under-21s team taking part in the European Championship that resumes on Monday.

--------------------------------------

I would like to see us go for Nmecha regardless if Mitrovic stays or not. He could be another Tosin for us.

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 using Tapatalk

Bronaldinho

Quote from: Matt10 on May 30, 2021, 10:25:59 PM
I'd really like Dike. Watched him play for Orlando as well. He's made the step up, and we need to take advantage of the momentum. Hopefully Jedi and Ream are talking up Fulham to him.

A lot of quality players in the Blackpool v Lincoln City side. Kenny Dougal is someone I've been watching for a while. He's got the vision and can strike the ball (two goals today of course), always popping up in the right spot. Think he'd be an excellent signing. Of course, tough to persuade, but still worth a punt.

Dike + Diedhiou, would be great firepower and give us two capable forwards at this level.
@ABronsSmith

Author of 'The Craven Corner' blog - Hosted in the matchday programme, SB Nation & thecravencorner.wordpress.com

Bronaldinho

Quote from: Asotosyios on May 31, 2021, 10:24:34 PM
MAN CITY READY TO OFFLOAD NMECHA

Manchester City are looking to help finance moves for Harry Kane and Jack Grealish by offloading loan signings including striker Lukas Nmecha this summer, according to the Daily Mail.

Nmecha, who is valued at £7m, has scored 20 goals for Anderlecht this season and is a member of the Germany Under-21s team taking part in the European Championship that resumes on Monday.

--------------------------------------

I would like to see us go for Nmecha regardless if Mitrovic stays or not. He could be another Tosin for us.

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 using Tapatalk

Would know Tosin really well - Thought he was a failed talent, but that loan spell in Belgium looks mightily impressive.
@ABronsSmith

Author of 'The Craven Corner' blog - Hosted in the matchday programme, SB Nation & thecravencorner.wordpress.com

Bronaldinho

Quote from: hongkongfulham on May 31, 2021, 07:20:00 AM
Just watched a Styles hype video. Some lovely little clips of the guy, would happily take him but only if Cairney leaves.

Dike seems good if Mitro leaves.

Any thoughts on Ryan Gauld? might be the scot in me talking but he looks handy for the touted 3 odd million. Tasty left foot and takes set pieces

We should be all over Gauld, thought he was a free agent this summer too.
@ABronsSmith

Deeping_white

Quote from: Bronaldinho on June 01, 2021, 04:06:50 PM
Quote from: Matt10 on May 30, 2021, 10:25:59 PM

Dike + Diedhiou, would be great firepower and give us two capable forwards at this level.

Diedhiou is about 5 yards slower than Mitro which isn't the sort of forward that Parker wants (if he's staying), and neither are good enough for the PL should we get promoted so would be instantly discarded and thus the cycle of new players being required starts again