watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official Silly Season Summer Transfer Thread 2021/22

Started by Friendsoffulham, May 21, 2021, 03:23:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Mammoth

We need to hang on to as many of the key and core players we can, otherwise we could be handicapped from the start and chasing everyone's slip stream once again.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on June 10, 2021, 12:21:58 AM
We need to hang on to as many of the key and core players we can, otherwise we could be handicapped from the start and chasing everyone's slipstream once again.

I hope we keep all our players. I'd like to see a strong third XI with Fabri (GK), S.Sess (RB), MLM (RCB, LCB, LB), Seri (DM, CM, AM), Knockaert (RW, LW), and Stansfield (CF) in it, they are exactly the kind of players I like to see in the third XI as we will need depth in a marathon season, even if some of the depth is far from perfect.

We also need 22 players better than those players, to fill our first XI and second XI. My calculations is we are short a 2nd XI GK and 2nd XI CF. Although it might also be said that most of our best wingers (Cav, Reid, Kebano, Kamara, and Carvalho) are between first XI and second XI standards, still one top winger like Ryan Sessegnon would be nice.

My concern is Fabri has signed a new contract (which is great), but Betts is still deciding whether to sign a new contract (which is a shame if we lose him). I believe Fabri is the best 3rd choice goalkeeper in the championship, but we probably want to have at least two keepers that have played more than one game in the last two and half seasons, so we do need another second-choice keeper with recent game time. 

As for selling players, selling players to buy players is really hard under FFP, and better avoided if possible unless absolutely necessary. I really suspect once we try to sell players, we will end up selling the wrong ones, especially given FFP favours selling players like Cairney and keeping players like Seri, which is great for the balance sheet but might not the football field and versa-versa (i.e. selling Seri can really hurt the balance sheet causing us to reduce squad size).

"Anguissa at a good price" is the only player that will improve the balance sheet, where a cheaper replacement might not affect the team too much in the championship, but if we can go up with Anguissa in the team, I think a Tosin-Reed-Anguissa partnership will be very valuable building block, whereas someone that can get us promoted but not good enough for premier league is not a great building block.

Riversider

Quote from: Porthogs FC on June 10, 2021, 12:14:49 AM
Quote from: Mitrovic the warrior on June 09, 2021, 11:55:18 PM
Quote from: Riversider on June 09, 2021, 11:39:32 PM
Harrison Reed is wanted by Leeds according to Thursdays Daily Mail,
This would be a disaster if this happens,  with Tosin and Robinson both being pursued by others and the loss of all our loan players its going to take a miracle for us to have any where near a settled side come the start of August.

Must keep him and Tosin. Absolutely vital.

It really depends - if we get all the money for all the players, and rebuild better with an improved coach...

Total nonsense,  how much do you think it would cost to replace both Tosin and Reed on a like for like basis ?
We've thrown the towel in already if they both leave.

Whitestone

Quote from: Riversider on June 10, 2021, 07:35:43 AM
This would be a disaster if this happens,  with Tosin and Robinson both being pursued by others and the loss of all our loan players its going to take a miracle for us to have any where near a settled side come the start of August.

It really depends - if we get all the money for all the players, and rebuild better with an improved coach...

Total nonsense,  how much do you think it would cost to replace both Tosin and Reed on a like for like basis ?

Agree. If these two are allowed to leave it will massively hinder any attempts to go straight back up. I appreciate we may need to sell one player this summer to finance new signings but any moves for Reed and Tosin must be blocked. It would go against what the Chairman said in his statement yesterday about our aim to achieve promotion straight back to the Premier League.

junior white

Quote from: Whitestone on June 10, 2021, 07:45:31 AM

Agree. If these two are allowed to leave it will massively hinder any attempts to go straight back up. I appreciate we may need to sell one player this summer to finance new signings but any moves for Reed and Tosin must be blocked. It would go against what the Chairman said in his statement yesterday about our aim to achieve promotion straight back to the Premier League.
If we have a choice we should keep them for sure. There are rumours that Toisin has a release clause of 10 million mean that may not be in our hands.

However even if we have a choice do we keep a player who asks to leave and then may not be as committed to the cause or who is unhappy? If rumours are to be believed we saw that last season with Mitro who is rumoured (nothing concrete anywhere I have seen) to have asked to leave at the end of  the promotion season and again at least one during the last season.

It is a fine line I think at times, you cannot keep giving new improved contracts, you have to think what is best for the team and if that is selling so the team isnt affected on the pitch then so be it. Hopefully we don't but it could be the case if they asked to move.

filham

Over the next couple of months I suspect Mitro, Anguissa, Reed and Tosin will have attractive offers from premier league clubs. We need these players if we are to build a team capable of promotion. TK has to make it his priority to ensure they stay with us.

jayffc

Quote from: filham on June 10, 2021, 09:46:57 AM
Over the next couple of months I suspect Mitro, Anguissa, Reed and Tosin will have attractive offers from premier league clubs. We need these players if we are to build a team capable of promotion. TK has to make it his priority to ensure they stay with us.

Most realistically we can and should hold on to Reed and Tosin.
Less secure is the future of Anguissa who I imagine will be off,
Mitro likewise, if Parker stays I think he'll be gone but a decent new manager looking to build around him might see him stay.

PaulJ123

Quote from: jayffc on June 10, 2021, 01:51:01 PM

Mitro likewise, if Parker stays I think he'll be gone but a decent new manager looking to build around him might see him stay.

Imagine Roy comes back and uses Mitro in the Zamora role  :Haynes The Maestro: :Haynes The Maestro:

HillingdonFFC

Quote from: PaulJ123 on June 10, 2021, 05:27:14 PM
Quote from: jayffc on June 10, 2021, 01:51:01 PM

Imagine Roy comes back and uses Mitro in the Zamora role  :Haynes The Maestro: :Haynes The Maestro:

Zamora a lot quicker & more mobile than Mitrovic

hongkongfulham

Im resigned to Mitro leaving. Real shame but the only reason he would stay is because his agent couldn't get him a good deal elsewhere. Been supportive of Scotty but he really sh!t the bed in this situation

The Rational Fan

We shouldn't sell any player, unless a) they are offered more than they are worth or b) they have been good to the club deserve to leave to be at a more appropriate team (only Betts, KMac and Stefjo fit in this category).

Tosin, Reed, Seri, Anguissa, and Mitrovic fall into neither category, because I don't see an overpriced bid coming in for any of them (e.g. Seri won't get a £3m bid and Tosin won't get a £20m bid) and they don't deserve any favours they can do a job here.

Most players would prefer to be at another club, I'm sure Reed would prefer to be at Brentford, Norwich and Watford but he will fight for us in the championship and we shouldn't start offloading other players just cause they don't show the same attitude. Besides, if we offload everyone that doesn't try to a better club, soon Reed will stop trying.

RaySmith

Obviously Reed, like all players, is ambitious, and would like to play for a Prem team, but if he stays at Fulham, for whatever reason, I'm sure he will want to  play a big part in getting us back into the Prem.

I'm sure Parker, or whoever is manager, and the club, will want to do their  best to keep Reed at Fulham.
Likewise Tosin.

I expect every player who dons the White shirt to give their all, anyway.

RaySmith

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on June 10, 2021, 12:21:58 AM
We need to hang on to as many of the key and core players we can, otherwise we could be handicapped from the start and chasing everyone's slip stream once again.

Agree.

WE don't want it to be like when we went down under Magath, who thought we could just get rid of most of the senior pro's, and fill the team with  Youth players, with  disastrous effects for both the team, and  some of these players.

It was Parker who did a good job leading these players on the field though, even paying unfair fines  from Magath on  a couple of young players, otherwise things might have been even worse.

JackHamlet90

If Parker remains manager then Harrison Reed will stay at Fulham

FulhamStu

I really don't think Reed will want to move.  He had been loaned all over the place by Southampton and has hopefully now found his home, he has said this on film.  He will not walk into a Premier team and will be back to being a squad player and could end up as he was at Southampton again and he will know this, he is quite a smart guy and I would think a potential future Fulham captain.

colinwhite

filham

Tosin has a £10m escape clause in his contract, at that price he is as good as gone, |no point in keeping Mitro if Parker is not going to use him, Anguissa made it clear a year ago that he will not play down to Championship level . Just hope we manage to hang on to Reed, our team will have to be built around him.

Blawarmy

Quote from: filham on June 11, 2021, 10:34:53 AM
Tosin has a £10m escape clause in his contract, at that price he is as good as gone, |no point in keeping Mitro if Parker is not going to use him, Anguissa made it clear a year ago that he will not play down to Championship level . Just hope we manage to hang on to Reed, our team will have to be built around him.
A bit arrogant that some players think they're too good for championship, but were a cog in a relegated pl side and didn't really help the cause much

junior white

Quote from: Blawarmy on June 11, 2021, 11:01:04 AM
A bit arrogant that some players think they're too good for championship, but were a cog in a relegated pl side and didn't really help the cause much
Arrogant due to the clause?

If so, some times players will only sign if there is a release clause, my mind springs back to Dembele mark 1

sarnian

Quote from: junior white on June 11, 2021, 11:10:36 AM
Quote from: Blawarmy on June 11, 2021, 11:01:04 AM
Arrogant due to the clause?

If so, some times players will only sign if there is a release clause, my mind springs back to Dembele mark 1

Dembele Mark 1 actually shortly before being sold signed a new contract with a release clause figure inserted so that Fulham would receive a fair price from Spurs. If he hadn't signed that new contract Fulham would have received far less from Spurs. Good bloke.