The Official Silly Season Summer Transfer Thread 2021/22

Started by Friendsoffulham, May 21, 2021, 03:23:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

junior white

Quote from: sarnian on June 11, 2021, 11:27:18 AM
Quote from: junior white on June 11, 2021, 11:10:36 AM
Quote from: Blawarmy on June 11, 2021, 11:01:04 AM
Quote from: filham on June 11, 2021, 10:34:53 AM
Tosin has a £10m escape clause in his contract, at that price he is as good as gone, |no point in keeping Mitro if Parker is not going to use him, Anguissa made it clear a year ago that he will not play down to Championship level . Just hope we manage to hang on to Reed, our team will have to be built around him.
A bit arrogant that some players think they're too good for championship, but were a cog in a relegated pl side and didn't really help the cause much
Arrogant due to the clause?

If so, some times players will only sign if there is a release clause, my mind springs back to Dembele mark 1

Dembele Mark 1 actually shortly before being sold signed a new contract with a release clause figure inserted so that Fulham would receive a fair price from Spurs. If he hadn't signed that new contract Fulham would have received far less from Spurs. Good bloke.
He is yes, i heard it slightly differently though. I was told when he signed for us he only did so as we had a release clause and the other team wouldnt put that in, and then when he signed his new deal he insisted it was carried over but at an increased price.

He was a good servant to us. ANyway my point is that it isnt nescersarily arrogance to have a release clause, and for us to include it if it meant we signed someone then thats fair as long as we make out of it

Blawarmy

Tosin has a £10m escape clause in his contract, at that price he is as good as gone, |no point in keeping Mitro if Parker is not going to use him, Anguissa made it clear a year ago that he will not play down to Championship level . Just hope we manage to hang on to Reed, our team will have to be built around him.
A bit arrogant that some players think they're too good for championship, but were a cog in a relegated pl side and didn't really help the cause much

If so, some times players will only sign if there is a release clause, my mind springs back to Dembele mark 1
No, arrogant that they think they're above the championship as I said!

bencher

Quote from: Blawarmy on June 11, 2021, 12:26:31 PM

I disagree. He certainly helped the cause and had a good season overall. He showed he is capable of playing at PL level. He's had one season with us and although I don't want him to go, how much loyalty can we expect from a player who spent his entire career at Man C before this season? What if Man C came in for him? Would that be arrogant/disloyal?

junior white

We already knew that about Anguissa so cant see why we are ticked off about it now.

I thought you meant Tosin and the clause my apologies, but in relation to him the clause doesnt make him arrogant in my opinion, and I have not heard him say he wont play in the championship

Statto

Quote from: bencher on June 11, 2021, 12:34:04 PM
He showed he is capable of playing at PL level.

Have to disagree. Think Tosin is hugely overrated on here. Looked good for the brief spell when we were defensively solid but that was (a) brief and (b) playing in a triangle with close to the best CB and GK we've ever had (Anderson and Areaola). Think he looked out of his depth and error-prone at times n the second half of the season and think it would have been totally different had he been playing, for example, with Hector/Ream/Bettinelli who our other CBs have had to play with historically. Before joining us he had a season with Blackburn in the Championship where he was statistically almost identical to Hector and IMO that's about his level, ie, a very good Championship CB who may or may not be able to step up to a bottom half PL side.

Blawarmy

Quote from: junior white on June 11, 2021, 01:00:37 PM

We already knew that about Anguissa so cant see why we are ticked off about it now.

I thought you meant Tosin and the clause my apologies, but in relation to him the clause doesnt make him arrogant in my opinion, and I have not heard him say he wont play in the championship
Nah Tosin hopefully will stay. [emoji1695][emoji1695]

Barrett487

https://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/sport/19366376.oxford-city-sign-right-back-zico-asare-fulham/

OXFORD City FC have confirmed the signing of former England youth international Zico Asare.

The 20-year-old right back joins the club after 12 years with Fulham.

He has made appearances for the England under-16s, playing alongside the likes of Arsenal's Bukayo Saka and Liverpool's Curtis Jones.

Named after Brazilian football legend Zico, the youngster has been training with City, impressing coaching staff while at the club.

He said: "It feels good to be here. Now it's time to start the hard work.

"I'm looking forward to having my first taste of senior football now, it's much more different than academy football, it means more.

"I'm just looking forward to starting the season now."

Barrett487

Hahaha, don't you just love sloppy journalism?

Tottenham-linked Defender Joachim Andersen says that he wants to move back to the Premier League last season after enjoying his spell with Fulham.

The Frenchman moved to Craven Cottage from Lille in October to fill a crucial defensive hole for manager Scott Parker. Despite a shaky start, he asserted himself excellently through the course of the season. In fact, Fulham were not far off staying up, with 13 draws proving crucial in their failing to avoid the drop.

:005:

https://www.teamtalk.com/news/tottenham-joachim-andersen-shock-transfer-hint

Barrett487

https://hammyend.com/index.php/2021/06/fulham-turn-down-16m-bid-for-mitrovic/

Fulham turn down £16m bid for Mitrovic

Fulham have turned down a £16m offer from Dynamo Moscow for Aleksandar Mitrovic, according to the Sun.

The Cottagers are adamant that the Serbian striker is not for sale even after Scott Parker's side were relegated from the top flight. The Fulham hierarchy want to keep Mitrovic, who proved so prolific in the Championship in 2019/20 scoring 26 goals, to spearhead their attempt to make an immediate return to the top flight.

But the tabloid claims that Mitrovic is keen to leave Craven Cottage after making just thirteen starts as the Whites went down – with Ivan Cavaleiro often preferred by Parker as a lone striker. There are no shortage of suitors for the 26 year-old who is known to be admired by new Roma boss Jose Mourinho and the West Ham manager David Moyes.

Mitrovic, who has scored 53 goals in 151 appearances for Fulham since joining from Newcastle in January 2018, still has three years to run on his current contract in west Londo

filham

I suspect there will now be little movement in the transfer market now until after the Euros have finished. Clubs will be hopeful of spotting some outstanding talent they have previously overlooked.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Statto on June 11, 2021, 01:02:28 PM

Have to disagree. Think Tosin is hugely overrated on here. Looked good for the brief spell when we were defensively solid but that was (a) brief and (b) playing in a triangle with close to the best CB and GK we've ever had (Anderson and Areaola). Think he looked out of his depth and error-prone at times n the second half of the season and think it would have been totally different had he been playing, for example, with Hector/Ream/Bettinelli who our other CBs have had to play with historically. Before joining us he had a season with Blackburn in the Championship where he was statistically almost identical to Hector and IMO that's about his level, ie, a very good Championship CB who may or may not be able to step up to a bottom half PL side.

Very good analysis. I trust statistics a lot and the statistics say that Tosin is a "top centre-back when alongside Anderson", but before that time he was a "decent centre-back comparable to Hector", only much younger so better for the long-term. The statistics could a) indicate Anderson is the difference,  b) indicate Tosin is improving or c) the statistic could be misleading. I suspect a little truth with all three, but the most important of the three was Anderson improving Tosins statistics.

I will be saddened to lose Tosin for £10m, because I like him as a player, but we will make a healthy FFP profit on him around £9m and it has to happen before 6th July so TK has 7 weeks to use the money if he needs some before the window closes. Lets see if Tosin is still here on the 7th July, but his lose will be felt more if we get promoted again.

ianthailand

Rational: Don't forget Man City get 20% of any fee so our profit is more around the 6.5 ML.

Craven Mad

Quote from: Barrett487 on June 11, 2021, 09:04:05 PM
Hahaha, don't you just love sloppy journalism?

Tottenham-linked Defender Joachim Andersen says that he wants to move back to the Premier League last season after enjoying his spell with Fulham.

The Frenchman moved to Craven Cottage from Lille in October to fill a crucial defensive hole for manager Scott Parker. Despite a shaky start, he asserted himself excellently through the course of the season. In fact, Fulham were not far off staying up, with 13 draws proving crucial in their failing to avoid the drop.

:005:

https://www.teamtalk.com/news/tottenham-joachim-andersen-shock-transfer-hint

Also 'from Lille' - he came from Lyon!

JoelH5

Quote from: The Rational Fan on June 11, 2021, 11:26:43 PM

Very good analysis. I trust statistics a lot and the statistics say that Tosin is a "top centre-back when alongside Anderson", but before that time he was a "decent centre-back comparable to Hector", only much younger so better for the long-term. The statistics could a) indicate Anderson is the difference,  b) indicate Tosin is improving or c) the statistic could be misleading. I suspect a little truth with all three, but the most important of the three was Anderson improving Tosins statistics.

I will be saddened to lose Tosin for £10m, because I like him as a player, but we will make a healthy FFP profit on him around £9m and it has to happen before 6th July so TK has 7 weeks to use the money if he needs some before the window closes. Lets see if Tosin is still here on the 7th July, but his lose will be felt more if we get promoted again.

The issue is we need to find a good player, worth 9 mill, who wants to join us in the Championship
I was there, standing in the Putney end

Woolly Mammoth

There are three kinds of lies,
There are lies, damned lies and statistics.
Statistics are used to suit ones own narrative, and the proof of the pudding is in the eating.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Somerset Fulham

This is how I think about him too.  He's good, but he's not the Messiah.

Whitestone

Quote from: Somerset Fulham on June 12, 2021, 10:57:15 AM

He's currently the best centre back at the club and won't be that easy to replace. The thought of more Ream and Odoi is an alarming one. Lets hope he stays.

Buffalo76

Quote from: Barrett487 on June 11, 2021, 09:01:30 PM
https://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/sport/19366376.oxford-city-sign-right-back-zico-asare-fulham/

OXFORD City FC have confirmed the signing of former England youth international Zico Asare.

The 20-year-old right back joins the club after 12 years with Fulham.

He has made appearances for the England under-16s, playing alongside the likes of Arsenal's Bukayo Saka and Liverpool's Curtis Jones.

Named after Brazilian football legend Zico, the youngster has been training with City, impressing coaching staff while at the club.

He said: "It feels good to be here. Now it's time to start the hard work.

"I'm looking forward to having my first taste of senior football now, it's much more different than academy football, it means more.

"I'm just looking forward to starting the season now."

Might share his name but clearly didn't share Zico's talent 😃
That's it and that's all.

WolverineFFC

Quote from: JoelH5 on June 12, 2021, 09:58:09 AM

The issue is we need to find a good player, worth 9 mill, who wants to join us in the Championship

Actually, the sale of a player for profit such as Tosin can create a windfall to sign another player(s). The Khan's have a ton of cash, so their transfer movements are not dependent on financing. Only what they feel is a good deal and whether they do or do not wish to spend the money.

If Tosin nets 6-7 million in profit, for FFP purposes the club could purchase players for upwards of 20-25 million without risking a "loss". The key is to not mess it up like they have with other purchases, ie Knock, Mawson, etc.

sunburywhite

Quote from: Somerset Fulham on June 12, 2021, 10:57:15 AM

He's just a naughty boy
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me