watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official Silly Season Summer Transfer Thread 2021/22

Started by Friendsoffulham, May 21, 2021, 03:23:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moltobueno

What about Bernard from Everton? Played under Silva before and can't see too many games in starting 11 under Benitez

twang

Quote from: Moltobueno on July 13, 2021, 03:43:56 PM
What about Bernard from Everton? Played under Silva before and can't see too many games in starting 11 under Benitez

Think he's on more than £100k a week there.

Jimsbeerbelly

?

WestSussexWhite

Quote from: Jimsbeerbelly on July 13, 2021, 10:39:06 PM
?

I'm gonna assume we couldn't guarantee him number 1

Barrett487

?

That's not great news, or expected...

Looks like we'll have Fabri for another season. I feel sorry for him tbh.

Lyle from Hangeland

Agent must have tried to use Fulham in negotiating a deal with Nottm Forest. Lol.

bobby01

Quote from: Barrett487 on July 13, 2021, 11:05:03 PM
?

I did notice in the training video, one of the youngsters was with rodak not fabri
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

Statto

Quote from: WestSussexWhite on July 13, 2021, 11:04:02 PM
?

I'm gonna assume we couldn't guarantee him number 1

Or the rumour we were in for him could just have been completely false. Which most of them are.

PaulJ123

:005: As proven with Silva joining, unless it's a "big" name we won't know about it until it's announced officially.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: Barrett487 on July 13, 2021, 11:05:03 PM
?

I'm not that fussed, Rodak is a great keeper and keeper's don't normally get lots of injuries. I'm sure Fabri is fine at this level. If Horvath wanted guaranteed playing time it's not worth it.

jayffc

Maybe we should give Fabri a chance again anyway? Rodale deserves the spot but wouldnt be mad at Fabri in the cup and or if Rodak struggles or gets injured.

Was a top keeper prior to signing with us and the poor sod had to line up in the premiership behind the likes of Ream, Odoi, Mawson,Christie

cmg

Quote from: bobby01 on July 14, 2021, 05:29:00 AM

I did notice in the training video, one of the youngsters was with rodak not fabri

That was Luca Ashby-Hammond, one of England's top prospects. Saves and scores penalties!
George Wickens, another age group International, has also been featured in photos. As has Fabri, so we are reasonably covered for keepers.

WestSussexWhite

We are being linked with Swansea captain Matt Grimes, us and Bournemouth chasing him apparently

Blawarmy

Quote from: WestSussexWhite on July 14, 2021, 11:52:26 AM
We are being linked with Swansea captain Matt Grimes, us and Bournemouth chasing him apparently
Is Grimes Parkerball or Silvaball? [emoji848]

S.F.Sorrow

Quote from: jayffc on July 14, 2021, 10:47:38 AM
Maybe we should give Fabri a chance again anyway? Rodale deserves the spot but wouldnt be mad at Fabri in the cup and or if Rodak struggles or gets injured.

Was a top keeper prior to signing with us and the poor sod had to line up in the premiership behind the likes of Ream, Odoi, Mawson,Christie

Fabri is a decent GK but he is only 184 cm which will always be a liability in the Championship.

HV71

Quote from: Blawarmy on July 14, 2021, 11:57:29 AM

We need a midfielder who can score goals - a Silva machine - Grimes doesn't get very many ( decent player but don't think it's what we need )

Facts Not Fiction

Quote from: S.F.Sorrow on July 14, 2021, 01:12:13 PM

Fabri is a decent GK but he is only 184 cm which will always be a liability in the Championship.

Didn't stop Pickford from saving a penalty against one of the best takers in the world. if you're good enough, you're good enough.

Blawarmy

Quote from: HV71 on July 14, 2021, 01:59:44 PM
Quote from: Blawarmy on July 14, 2021, 11:57:29 AM

We need a midfielder who can score goals - a Silva machine - Grimes doesn't get very many ( decent player but don't think it's what we need )
Not many goals?  So he's definitely a parkerballer then.

HV71

12 goals in 262 appearances - probably sports a decent cardigan as well

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: S.F.Sorrow on July 14, 2021, 01:12:13 PM

A 6 foot tall Goalkeeper is not ideal in the rough and tumble of the Championship. Can he command his area, does he have a presence in the penalty area.
He may make up for it in other ways but 6 feet goalkeeper means he has to be exceptional in other areas.
I remember Ron Springett was 5ft 11ins but he was a very exceptional goalkeeper.
I would have thought defenders would prefere a big lump who can catch the ball at its highest point rather than leave it to them to clear their lines whereupon it comes straight back to put them under unnecessarily pressure.
Plus it is not as though Fabri can take a step ladder into the six yard box to help him.
I do not think that is allowed at any level.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.