watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official Silly Season Summer Transfer Thread 2021/22

Started by Friendsoffulham, May 21, 2021, 03:23:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JEEVES

I like the look of Muniz. Impressed with his aerial ability. Can he play wide?

bencher

Quote from: WestSussexWhite on July 22, 2021, 10:10:17 PM
Quote from: Jules on July 22, 2021, 09:50:49 PM
Quote from: WestSussexWhite on July 22, 2021, 09:48:09 PM
Quote from: Jules on July 22, 2021, 09:34:51 PM
Quote from: Statto on July 22, 2021, 08:55:31 PM
Quote from: Deeping_white on July 22, 2021, 08:49:12 PM
Quote from: Jules on July 22, 2021, 08:14:25 PM
Quote from: Statto on July 22, 2021, 03:29:16 PM
Quote from: Cookie6262 on July 22, 2021, 03:22:27 PM
Given financial fair play and our numerous centre half's I would seriously consider £6 million for Hector from Bournemouth, maybe it's just me 🤷‍♂️

i certainly hope it's just you because it would mean we'd actually be relying on kongolo, mawson or ream to play week in, week out. on reflection i'd probably say MLM is the most reliable option after tosin and hector
No, I agree also. From the CB list, I would get rid of Hector, MLM, Odoi, Ream. None of these are good enough at prem level so why keep them. Keep Kongolo, Mawson and Tosin. I'd be bringing in a quality younger CB with potential on a loan to buy and I'd bring in an older experienced CB on a free or cheap like a Scott Dann type. Would also assess whether Opoku could feature next season as a squad option.

You can't go through a season with 3 senior centre backs (2 of whom haven't played a full season in years so essentially leave us with 1.5 CB's) for what is at least a 48 game season and then sign a young player and expect them to be there or there abouts for a team that's in theory going to be challenging for top 2. Dann is dead money because he's too old for the PL with no resale value so you may as well keep Hector who's at a similar level and sell him next year once we're up

Yep. And I'm no fan of Ream but even shipping him out only to pay all the costs of bringing Scott Dann in as a replacement makes no sense.
Dann is a much better player and leader/organiser than Ream. He is a free agent also so it's not a matter of huge costs. But ok, I heard Ream has another year left, so let's keep him in reserve. I would ship out the others I mentioned though. I cannot believe I read somewhere that MLM was to have his contract extended. That would be really crazy. The guy is not up to it.
We exercised the additional year on his contract, this is a workaround for FFP. Means his amortisation costs drop as the total fee is done over the length of the contract so gives us an extra year
Ok, thanks for explaining. There must be a financial reason for extending, as footballing ability wise it makes zero sense.

Yeah they were all extended for FFP reasons. It's better to have them on the wage bill for another FFP wise, rather than let them go for free and therefore fail
FFP because of it

This underscores the lunacy of FFP. Spend another £1m on a squad player's wages that cannot be justified from a business or football perspective in order to improve your books. I can only hope we have a year long loan deal lined up where his wages are fully covered.

grandad

Gossip says Kane to Man City in a 160 mil deal with wages of 400k a week. How can they justify this. Sheer madness & how do they get away with FFP.
Where there's a will there's a wife

WestSussexWhite

Quote from: bencher on July 23, 2021, 08:14:07 AM
Quote from: WestSussexWhite on July 22, 2021, 10:10:17 PM
Quote from: Jules on July 22, 2021, 09:50:49 PM
Quote from: WestSussexWhite on July 22, 2021, 09:48:09 PM
Quote from: Jules on July 22, 2021, 09:34:51 PM
Quote from: Statto on July 22, 2021, 08:55:31 PM
Quote from: Deeping_white on July 22, 2021, 08:49:12 PM
Quote from: Jules on July 22, 2021, 08:14:25 PM
Quote from: Statto on July 22, 2021, 03:29:16 PM
Quote from: Cookie6262 on July 22, 2021, 03:22:27 PM
Given financial fair play and our numerous centre half's I would seriously consider £6 million for Hector from Bournemouth, maybe it's just me 🤷‍♂️

i certainly hope it's just you because it would mean we'd actually be relying on kongolo, mawson or ream to play week in, week out. on reflection i'd probably say MLM is the most reliable option after tosin and hector
No, I agree also. From the CB list, I would get rid of Hector, MLM, Odoi, Ream. None of these are good enough at prem level so why keep them. Keep Kongolo, Mawson and Tosin. I'd be bringing in a quality younger CB with potential on a loan to buy and I'd bring in an older experienced CB on a free or cheap like a Scott Dann type. Would also assess whether Opoku could feature next season as a squad option.

You can't go through a season with 3 senior centre backs (2 of whom haven't played a full season in years so essentially leave us with 1.5 CB's) for what is at least a 48 game season and then sign a young player and expect them to be there or there abouts for a team that's in theory going to be challenging for top 2. Dann is dead money because he's too old for the PL with no resale value so you may as well keep Hector who's at a similar level and sell him next year once we're up

Yep. And I'm no fan of Ream but even shipping him out only to pay all the costs of bringing Scott Dann in as a replacement makes no sense.
Dann is a much better player and leader/organiser than Ream. He is a free agent also so it's not a matter of huge costs. But ok, I heard Ream has another year left, so let's keep him in reserve. I would ship out the others I mentioned though. I cannot believe I read somewhere that MLM was to have his contract extended. That would be really crazy. The guy is not up to it.
We exercised the additional year on his contract, this is a workaround for FFP. Means his amortisation costs drop as the total fee is done over the length of the contract so gives us an extra year
Ok, thanks for explaining. There must be a financial reason for extending, as footballing ability wise it makes zero sense.

Yeah they were all extended for FFP reasons. It's better to have them on the wage bill for another FFP wise, rather than let them go for free and therefore fail
FFP because of it

This underscores the lunacy of FFP. Spend another £1m on a squad player's wages that cannot be justified from a business or football perspective in order to improve your books. I can only hope we have a year long loan deal lined up where his wages are fully covered.

I doubt it, you'll probably find they will sit here a few then some may head out towards the end of the window

filham

Quote from: G_Gribby on July 23, 2021, 06:54:30 AM
QuoteI hope this Brazilian lad isn't to replace Mitro.

I don't think he is to replace Mitro, he's coming (if it happens) to add more speed and alternatives to the attack. We need to score more goals, that's pretty obvious.
I am starting to dream of two strikers up front in an attacking 4-4-2 formation, one with real pace the other good in the air all resulting in a regular 2/3 goals per game at the Cottage.

JimOG

Quote from: filham on July 23, 2021, 09:30:59 AM

I don't think he is to replace Mitro, he's coming (if it happens) to add more speed and alternatives to the attack. We need to score more goals, that's pretty obvious.
I am starting to dream of two strikers up front in an attacking 4-4-2 formation, one with real pace the other good in the air all resulting in a regular 2/3 goals per game at the Cottage.

And crosses slightly more accurate than Johnny Key's...

JEEVES

Watching Muniz clips he scored the majority of his goals with his head!

Statto

Think some people need to face the reality that we probably won't get more than a month or two out of Mawson, or more than a game or two out of Kongolo. I don't especially rate MLM but he's probably our 3rd or 4th choice CB, effectively, depending how generous you want to be to Ream.

FFC1987

Quote from: Statto on July 23, 2021, 10:29:37 AM
Think some people need to face the reality that we probably won't get more than a month or two out of Mawson, or more than a game or two out of Kongolo. I don't especially rate MLM but he's probably our 3rd or 4th choice CB, effectively, depending how generous you want to be to Ream.

That's not an absolute certainty though. If I was a betting man, based on history, sure, but we're not really privy to what the medical staff know. Kongolo could easily come back and be injury free on the back of some horrible bad luck.

junior white

filham

Quote from: JEEVES on July 23, 2021, 10:29:06 AM

Right then, we just need the wide men who can deliver good crosses, can't remember the last time we saw one of them in action at the Cottage.

FFC NY

and we can speed up the announcement by using fully imMUNIZed as the headline

bencher

Quote from: filham on July 23, 2021, 12:07:55 PM

Right then, we just need the wide men who can deliver good crosses, can't remember the last time we saw one of them in action at the Cottage.

Bryan and Tete both deliver good crosses. The wingers, not so much.

JEEVES

Quote from: filham on July 23, 2021, 12:07:55 PM

Get Harry Wilson in!

Somerset Fulham

I think we may see a different Cavaliero this season. He needs unshackling and one would hope that Silva will do just that.

Somerset Fulham

Quote from: IloveFFC on July 23, 2021, 01:10:32 PM
https://mobile.twitter.com/Sean_Gallagher9/status/1418535027663593475

I've seen that elsewhere this morning too.  It's a shame because I still think he has something to offer us, but we've dicked the guy about so much that it's not surprising.

IloveFFC

Quote from: Somerset Fulham on July 23, 2021, 01:15:12 PM

I've seen that elsewhere this morning too.  It's a shame because I still think he has something to offer us, but we've dicked the guy about so much that it's not surprising.
maybe this means that Seri will stay

Bassey the warrior

Looking through the comments it's clear he's well loved there and he deserves that. With a consistent run of games he is quality.