https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official Silly Season Summer Transfer Thread 2021/22

Started by Friendsoffulham, May 21, 2021, 03:23:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: Lordedmundo on July 26, 2021, 05:21:10 PM
Quote from: Mullers OG on July 26, 2021, 04:30:27 PM
£4 million for Kamara?  Not surprised that transfer has fallen through. Grossly overpriced. Still it looks as if the club has decided to move him on.

He is probably worth £2m tops.  In all honesty I don't think Aris Thessaloniki offered anything near £4m for him. Their record transfer fee is £1.17m, second highest £900k and third highest £612k (according to Transfermarkt)!

Sounds like they've switched targets and are now pursuing Newcastle's Muto.

jayffc

If we want him and can afford him,well get him

No way boro land him if it's a straight choice between the two.

bencher

Quote from: jayffc on July 27, 2021, 02:15:52 AM

Boro do have a strong Brazilian history with their mid to late 90s team of Juninho, Emerson and Branco. Have we ever had a Brazilian in our squad? I can't think of any, but I could be wrong. But if you take that factor away, it should be an easy decision for him. The real question is whether he's up to it.

deadcowboys

Quote from: bencher on July 27, 2021, 07:54:49 AM

Boro do have a strong Brazilian history with their mid to late 90s team of Juninho, Emerson and Branco. Have we ever had a Brazilian in our squad? I can't think of any, but I could be wrong. But if you take that factor away, it should be an easy decision for him. The real question is whether he's up to it.

Have you forgotten Lucas Piazon already? At a pinch you could get away with Gary Brazil too.

WestSussexWhite

I think the biggest Pull for us will be Marco Silva. Having a native Portuguese speaking coaching staff will really help him settle

Danitar

Quote from: WestSussexWhite on July 27, 2021, 08:25:36 AM

I think the biggest Pull for us will be Marco Silva. Having a native Portuguese speaking coaching staff will really help him settle

Would you go to boro and be shouted at every 2 minutes by Colin, at least Marco looks like he can talk to people

bencher

Quote from: deadcowboys on July 27, 2021, 08:18:06 AM

Have you forgotten Lucas Piazon already? At a pinch you could get away with Gary Brazil too.

Ooof. Lucas. I liked him for us quite a bit. One of those players that looked harmless and then popped up with a goal.

grandad

I would have thought Andersen could have done better than go to Palace if it happens. They are hardly likely to get a CL or Europa spot. I wish he had decided to stay with us.
Where there's a will there's a wife

jayffc

Quote from: grandad on July 27, 2021, 10:02:49 AM
I would have thought Andersen could have done better than go to Palace if it happens. They are hardly likely to get a CL or Europa spot. I wish he had decided to stay with us.

His plan is to go to palace, they get relegated despite having a good defence again...and we swoop in for him then. Genius!

Jeroen

Quote from: jayffc on July 27, 2021, 10:22:27 AM

His plan is to go to palace, they get relegated despite having a good defence again...and we swoop in for him then. Genius!

Was thinking the same - Like a £7M relegation clause in his contract and happy days :-)

Tabby

Bordeaux making a loan offer for Antonee Robinson according to RMC (french radio station).

ChesterTheTabby

Quote from: Tabby on July 27, 2021, 02:43:54 PM
Bordeaux making a loan offer for Antonee Robinson according to RMC (french radio station).

They can sod off with that. We need to keep Robinson.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

Deeping_white

Seem to remember we made an offer for a left back of theirs a few years ago and they pretended they didn't get the offer so as to block the transfer. I think revenge is in order.

Whitestone

I'm not sure how a loan offer benefits us because as I understand things cash is tight due to FFP. Think we really need to sell players. Not necessarily Robinson though, although if that were the case we are fortunate to have Joe Bryan.

Steven Ageroad

Could be possible that the only Premier League offer he got was from Palace and maybe he only wanted a London club as he may have got the flavour of London life.

Jules

Quote from: ChesterTheTabby on July 27, 2021, 03:21:24 PM

They can sod off with that. We need to keep Robinson.
Agree, no way should we loan Robinson. If they want him it's a £15m transfer or don't waste our time.