Caedal

Someone's had their first ever Bacardi Breezer this evening 🤣

rusty shackleford

St Eve

Caedal

ChesterTheTabby

Quote from: Caedal on September 01, 2021, 12:48:39 AM
This squad we have is ridiculous

It's honestly absurd. The Invincible Season, if it was to happen, happens with this lot.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

Caedal

I wonder what the "favourable terms" that Tony mentioned on the Chalobah deal are? Maybe deferred payments until next year or something

jayffc

We have an insane plethora of riches in central midfield

Reed
Seri
Fab
Chalobah
Quina
Josh

And cairney in the wings potentially - wild
Francois also as back up

Some serious competition there hopefully we can send francois out on loan

What a squad- RB is definately our weak spot without Tete but we should have enough quality elsewhere to cope

Blawarmy

Quote from: jayffc on September 01, 2021, 12:59:12 AM

Reed
Seri
Fab
Chalobah
Quina
Josh

Francois also as back up

What a squad- RB is definately our weak spot without Tete but we should have enough quality elsewhere to cope
Didn't Silva say he wanted a right back as priority?

LC

Quote from: Blawarmy on September 01, 2021, 01:09:11 AM

Reed
Seri
Fab
Chalobah
Quina
Josh

Francois also as back up

He did.

Arthur

Silva has also said his interest is in players who will make us a stronger outfit. If a right back with the qualities our manager wanted couldn't be persuaded to join us, it's plausible Silva declined to bring in an inferior player for the sake of it. If Dennis were to be unavailable, Harrison Reed may be his deputy. I believe he turned out at right-back when on loan at Norwich.

Blawarmy

Quote from: Arthur on September 01, 2021, 01:31:48 AM

Silva has also said his interest is in players who will make us a stronger outfit. If a right back with the qualities our manager wanted couldn't be persuaded to join us, it's plausible Silva declined to bring in an inferior player for the sake of it. If Dennis were to be unavailable, Harrison Reed may be his deputy. I believe he turned out at right-back when on loan at Norwich.
We might get through a few different right backs with all the cloggers and crap refs in this division. 

JEEVES

Are/ were Chalobah, Quina and even Hughes (palace) surplus to requirements at Watford? Or have they jumped ship? I'm very happy with them either way I'm just interested after reading the post from the upset Watford fan.

Caedal

What a remarkable transfer window. Sure some people are worried about RB, but the loan market is still open for a week I believe, and that's all we need until Tete is back, and even then, we have enough quality in the squad to cope.

We've kept basically everyone we needed to, plus added some real quality on sensible terms. Surely this is the best squad ever assembled at this level? Silva looks an incredible appointment aswell, being able to completely change everything about the club in such a short space of time, and reintegrate and re-energise discarded players.

I haven't felt this positive about the club for a very long time. Just a tremendous job by everyone

WestSussexWhite

Quote from: JEEVES on September 01, 2021, 05:38:13 AM
Are/ were Chalobah, Quina and even Hughes (palace) surplus to requirements at Watford? Or have they jumped ship? I'm very happy with them either way I'm just interested after reading the post from the upset Watford fan.

Chalobah, Hughes and Quina all refused to sign new contracts.

Hughes wouldn't sign one because he didn't want a relegation wage cut clause in his contract, Quina wanted assurances over gametime and Chalobah just didn't want to sign one. Chalobah actually took a pay cut to join us

junior white

Reed
Seri
Fab
Chalobah
Quina
Josh

Francois also as back up

I thought he said Tete's injury may change our transfer plans not tha it was a priority. Unless he made another statement after the initial one

brightster

Good window, well done 👍.
Not too worried about RB / RWB, we got Denis and BDR can also fill in there, we have Sess still on the books.

bencher

Quote from: brightster on September 01, 2021, 07:50:09 AM
Good window, well done 👍.
Not too worried about RB / RWB, we got Denis and BDR can also fill in there, we have Sess still on the books.

Christie is also on the books. So is Fossey. Could Fossey get a look in?

junior white

Quote from: Caedal on September 01, 2021, 06:49:36 AM
What a remarkable transfer window. Sure some people are worried about RB, but the loan market is still open for a week I believe, and that's all we need until Tete is back, and even then, we have enough quality in the squad to cope.

We've kept basically everyone we needed to, plus added some real quality on sensible terms. Surely this is the best squad ever assembled at this level? Silva looks an incredible appointment aswell, being able to completely change everything about the club in such a short space of time, and reintegrate and re-energise discarded players.

I haven't felt this positive about the club for a very long time. Just a tremendous job by everyone
I thought they stopped that a couple of seasons back, i thought now it was only emergency goalkeeper loans, hopefully i have got that wrong as getting some cover would be good if Sess and Christie are not in the plans (although we still have Fossey and Odoi). I thought  Odoi did ok at the weekend