News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR: why do the Scottish fans look so surprised by today's performance?

Started by SP, June 14, 2021, 03:25:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SP

Slaphead in Qatar

Woolly Mammoth

Nothing brave about it, all that nonsense is a myth, they got turned over by a Czeck team on their own patch.
England must show no mercy on Friday and put them back in their cot once and for all.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

The Rock

Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on June 14, 2021, 03:56:15 PM
Scots played well. Unlucky not to score

I thought so as well. Maybe it's that tiny bit lack of quality, but their keeper had a few brilliant saves. The Scotland keeper being caught half way up the pitch made no sense. Hard to win games like that.

filham

So , England should be looking for a good win against the Scots, no pressure Southgate but nothing less than 2-0 on Friday will be good enough.

Somerset Fulham

It's a derby in a possible do or die scenario for one side in a tournament.  Any win will be good enough, regardless of score or how it comes about.

Lighthouse

I always like the British teams to do well. Shame about today.

If Scotland become independent I shall care less about them.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

MartyFFC

I certainly wouldn't put it past Scotland to get a draw against us, or maybe that should read for us to underperform spectacularly. However, there's always a bizarre and patronising narrative perpetuated when Scotland lose games. The BBC match report goes on about their 'blistering' start, and how they came 'roaring' back etc. They've just lost 2-0 at home to a team ranked 40th in the world; yet they're being patted on the head patronisingly for playing well

jarv

Gutted. As a Scot I should be used to it by now.  Marshall restored Scottish keepers reputations. WTF was he doing there. I gave up watching at half time. I had a golf T time (in the rain) and decided that would be more fun (or less frustrating) than watching the 2nd half.

Golf T time?? you might ask.   5 hour time difference over here.  I scored under 100 in case anyone is interested. :wine:

sunburywhite

As someone once asked me, where is the strangest place you have ever seen a football shirt

I said I once saw a Scottish shirt at the World Cup finals
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

sunburywhite

They hate us English and we hate them

Chippy g1nger dwarf nation

Haidrian should have built the wall a lot higher
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

SP

Quote from: jarv on June 14, 2021, 09:13:29 PM
Gutted. As a Scot I should be used to it by now.  Marshall restored Scottish keepers reputations. WTF was he doing there. I gave up watching at half time. I had a golf T time (in the rain) and decided that would be more fun (or less frustrating) than watching the 2nd half.

Golf T time?? you might ask.   5 hour time difference over here.  I scored under 100 in case anyone is interested. :wine:

Hey Jarv, no offence intended buddy, I loved these games I attended on the terracing at the old Wembley. Really wouldn't surprise me if England no show on Friday despite all the hype.

Well done on the round, I'll be going back to golf when I retire & breaking 100 is the first target.

sunburywhite

I cant wait for them to get independence and we then ban all Scottish MPs from Parliament especially Ian Blackford

davew

Perhaps Mel Gibson might turn out for them and lead the way.
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

blingo

It takes a lot of balls to play golf as badly as me Mr Jarv.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: blingo on June 14, 2021, 10:20:04 PM

It takes a lot of balls to play golf as badly as me Mr Jarv.

I also have a rubber club

Never forget your Roots.

Blawarmy

They seem to be confident they'll get a result against England. 

RaySmith

I think it means a lot more to them than to us, so could be a battle.

I thought they were unlucky today.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Blawarmy on June 15, 2021, 12:07:11 AM
They seem to be confident they'll get a result against England. 

They thought the same at the Battle of Floden in 1513 and again at the Battle of Culloden in 1745 and we gave them a bloody nose on both occasions leaving them scampering back into the highlands with a flee in their ear and their tails between their kilts.
We must do the same again on Friday 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

Never forget your Roots.