watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Big Sam for Fulham?

Started by Nick Bateman, June 27, 2021, 04:32:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick Bateman

Seeing the departure of Scott Parker, I would prompt for a well-seasoned replacement that being "Big" Sam Allardyce.

Many have criticized the style of football Allardyce allies, but it is not as crude as has been labelled. What he will insist on is none of this playing it out slowly from back, which leads to errors and keeps the ball in our half longer than in our opponents.

The short goal kick is one of football's worst modern tactics, designed to keep possession but instead draws attackers onto us. We see England applying this ad nauseum which has been very boring to watch and Parker allowed this constatntly throughout the season.

One wishes Parker well, but he did in fact turn Fulham into the worst team in the Premier League at the end, Fulham losing every match while even Sheffield United were playing better than us. He explained he only wanted to play the players who were to stay at the club, so he left out stars like Mitrovic and Andersen. Yet he should have let someone else run the club as HE was not staying either!!

Sam Allardyce has the experience and the right profile to get the best out of Mitrovic and others and is a larger than life individual who would play attacking more direct football and get the appropriate intensity out of Fulham's best.
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

Lighthouse

I would genuinely give up on Fulham and football if Big Sam came anywhere near Fulham.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Plodder

Quote from: Lighthouse on June 27, 2021, 04:34:17 PM
I would genuinely give up on Fulham and football if Big Sam came anywhere near Fulham.

I know how you feel, but managers and owners whom we find hard to stomach leave eventually, while Fulham FC (touch wood) goes on. Even if this came to pass, Allardyce would not be manager for more than a couple of years. Stick with us!

RaySmith

One thing about Big Sam is that   whatever he does seems to work with the types of clubs, and players, he  is employed to manage.

He really did come close to saving West brom, and i was impressed with the way he turned it round v us at their place i the second half, when we had completely outplayed them in the first half, and would have been out of sight if we could score.
There was also WBA's victory at Chelsea, a win at Anfield (?), and other good results when they'd looked gone before he took over.

I think he does  try to adapt to the players at his disposal, though these are usually not the most talented, and Big Sam has a style that works with such players.

It's the opposite to the style  that Parker is so criticised for, though i would argue that parker also tried to  do the best with the players he had, and would definitely have like better attacking and creative players, which  could have made us a lot more  successful as an atacking force.

So, I think Big Sam could get us back up, and  maybe stay thete, but obviously fans are opposed to him, and  also, if he wanted  the chance of gaining promotion from the Champ, why didn't he remain at WBA, who i believe offered him a good deal.

Southcoastffc

:plus one:
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Deeping_white

I think he's retired to become a poker player or so I thought I read somewhere

HV71

100% agree

grandad

Here was I , lazing by my pool with ice cold San Miguel in my hand & along comes Bateman to completely spoil the day with the mention of Allardyce & Fulham in the same OP.
Where there's a will there's a wife

blingo

He would never come this far south

Fulham 442

He's has clearly stated he doesn't want a full time manager's job but just wants some sort of emergency Red Adair kind of contract. Can't see this rumour having any legs...

Somerset Fulham

And you would not be alone, either.

Somerset Fulham

Quote from: blingo on June 27, 2021, 05:30:09 PM
He would never come this far south

He went further South than us with Palace.

RufusBrevettatemyhamster

:plus one:

Bassey the warrior

Me too.

Luka

Allerdyce plays more adventurous football than Parker so in my view could be a major upgrade.
Parker ball was the most underwhelming period in my Fulham watching history.
Allerdyce football may not be for the purist but it'd be more entertaining than the sh#te we have been subjected to lately!

St Eve

He would get on swimmingly with Kahn's kid