watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

England, Parker ball and kane

Started by blingo, June 29, 2021, 05:49:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fulham Tup North

I'm really looking forward to England v Germany 8pm ko.... hope we win.....👍⚽️⚽️.
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

davew

Not sure who is worse us or England, Parker or Southgate, both close calls! Now perhaps forced to endure another 90 minutes of watching the new favourites for the competition, probably us, got to check the odds!

15/8 England, think the bookies have been out celebrating with all the money they have won on France, Germany and Portugal going out, Belgium 13/2 bet of the year!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

john dempsey

Hancock gone
Parker    gone
Germany gone
What a week this is .....

Woolly Mammoth

Well done England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿, well deserved, we exorcised a ghost tonight. I would like to see Southgate take more advantage of the quality he has in his squad and unleash even more pace and quality, he doesn't need to be that cautious, however he had a cunning plan and another clean sheet and he managed the game better in the second half. But he also deserves a Pat on the back tonight, I was so nervous i wonder what he must have felt like.
There is so much talent to come and giving Sako and Grealish opportunities they deserve are paying off, and hopefully another obstacle to overcome in the quarter final as long as he is positive and proactive.
For tonight I shall savour the moment at it tastes sweet as I am sure he will.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Fulham1959

Far too many people seem to be 'pleased' when England underperform (which, of course, they didn't tonight).  It really annoys me - I have been following England since 1959 and this attitude has rarely changed.

I think Southgate is one of the best managers we've ever had.  He is always measured and intelligent in everything he says.  I will always support England as I will always support Fulham.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: john dempsey on June 29, 2021, 08:22:30 PM
Hancock gone
Parker    gone
Germany gone

Hear hear.

bobbo

im as happy as all rest on here . i could moan about a few things but moaning isnt appropriate tonight. i watched it at my local football club and it was priceless when the first goal went in there was about 20 kids going berserk , and some of the adults too.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Fulham1959 on June 29, 2021, 08:25:01 PM
Far too many people seem to be 'pleased' when England underperform (which, of course, they didn't tonight).  It really annoys me - I have been following England since 1959 and this attitude has rarely changed.

I think Southgate is one of the best managers we've ever had.  He is always measured and intelligent in everything he says.  I will always support England as I will always support Fulham.

Yes I will always support England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 no matter what and the negative miserable boo boys can drown in their own tears, they cannot moan tonight.
As there are plenty of England fans at Wembley Stadium and around the country having a knees up tonight.

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

Hancock gone
Parker    gone
Germany gone

One name missing there to complete the full set. 

Never forget your Roots.

blingo

I'm ALWAYS happy to see my national team do well.

I'm not sure we can win the euros, but, I think we will have a serious chance of lifting the next World Cup.

dgnffc

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on June 29, 2021, 08:41:19 PM
Hancock gone
Parker    gone
Germany gone

One name missing there to complete the full set.
France gone...

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

SP

So much for the feared group of death.

blingo

We can say that if the Italians beat Belgium

perry geyton

4 touches in the first half then he ended up sitting back cos he was getting so isolated, Sterling and him don't seem to be on the same page which is worrying for Man City
I'd say definately reminiscent

cottage expat

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on June 29, 2021, 08:39:58 PM
Quote from: Fulham1959 on June 29, 2021, 08:25:01 PM

Yes I will always support England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 no matter what and the negative miserable boo boys can drown in their own tears, they cannot moan tonight.
As there are plenty of England fans at Wembley Stadium and around the country having a knees up tonight.

Agree 100%. Southgate has taken a lot of criticism but his tactics were spot on today. He clearly wanted to match the German lineup which was pretty conservative. I expect a more pacy, attacking set up going forward. I'm sure some of the miserable boo boys would have moaned endlessly about England's 1966 WC performance.

Somerset Fulham

So far we have done absolutely everything right and on top of that, Kane got going this evening.

We're actually in the mix.

cmg

Quote from: Somerset Fulham on June 29, 2021, 11:42:27 PM
So far, we have done absolutely everything right.....

Yes. As Gary Lineker, in a rare joke, said - we even let Scotland have a point.

The Rock

Really surprised this thread exists. What are you people on? Give me some!!!

I thought Sterling's? Backpass error was the only slip up.

I think Roy Hodgson would have been proud, and Scott Parker too.

They looked good, well drilled.

So sorry you were expecting a 3-0 that should have been 5-0.

Please help correct me as I must be missing something.

paulbrookersmazydribbles

Quote from: The Rock on June 29, 2021, 11:51:43 PM
Really surprised this thread exists. What are you people on? Give me some!!!

I thought Sterling's? Backpass error was the only slip up.

I think Roy Hodgson would have been proud, and Scott Parker too.

They looked good, well drilled.

So sorry you were expecting a 3-0 that should have been 5-0.

Please help correct me as I must be missing something.

Absolutely agree. Southgate got it tactically spot on.

RaySmith

Well done England, great performance and result.

'Entertainment' has become the new mantra, related i think to  the coverage of football , with an emphasis on highlights and goals, and people new to the game often parrot this - someone  presenting a Talksport football programme, even said that they found England v Scotland boring.

I don't find 0-o necessarily boring - there is enjoyment for me in seeing sound  defensive displays, or teams and managers pitting their wits against each other.

Watching teams like  City, when they dominate everyone is boring to me -  despite all their skill - I want to see a competitive contest.

There has been such an emphasis on the top teams , with the highly paid players from all over the world, that the 'boring' roots of football, which has always encompassed low scoring games, and 0-0's is overlooked and forgotten.

For me, football is a contest, where the result is all important - if you support a team anyway, and how a manager and team get a result , maybe against a better footballing side, is fascinating to me, and entertainment in itself.