watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

England, Parker ball and kane

Started by blingo, June 29, 2021, 05:49:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

filham

Yes, we beat Germany, a great result and we have to give Southgate credit.
However his tactics are not attractive and if now we fail to beat Ukrain on Saturday then there will surely be a reaction at the tactics he has employed.

Fulhamfan666

Let's not kid ourselves and assume this wasn't a very weak Germany side tho

Woolly Mammoth

If you look back at previous winners of these competitions, there is a pattern of slow starts and some football that does not always satisfy the purists who tend to live in the land if the cuckoo, because there is more than one way to win a football match and expecting perfect attacking football that is easy on the eye will leave you in an oasis of disappointment.
I have been critical of Southgate and his cautious approach.
However now England have reached the quarter finals give them a break, hopefully the best is yet to come and I want to see more nights like last night.
What's the excuse for France, Holland, Portugal, Germany and all the others that never made it.
As for that advert for chocolate when the little chocolate man comes out of the wardrobe and whispers "Scots home early" as they always are, and that's my favourite advert.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Fulhamfan666 on June 30, 2021, 11:21:06 AM

Who is kidding who ?

Never forget your Roots.

Blawarmy

FFS they aren't weak. [emoji849]    This German side are 100 times better than Scotland yet England struggled against them.  It was a great win. End of.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Blawarmy on June 30, 2021, 11:31:10 AM
FFS they aren't weak. [emoji849]    This German side are 100 times better than Scotland yet England struggled against them.  It was a great win. End of.

Agree 100% 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

Never forget your Roots.

Fulhamfan666

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on June 30, 2021, 11:41:37 AM

Agree 100% 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

hahahahaha clueless

bobbo

whats with the love in for stirling , yes he scored but on 2 or 3 other occasions he tried to take on the whole german defence , refusing to pass . we really only started to play when grealish came on and not all down to him but his presence had an effect on the rest . i wish i could be more positive but we were boring beyond belief in the first half. sancho --- germanys player of the year 2 years on the trot not even given a run out .
1975 just leaving home full of hope

Fulhamfan666

Quote from: bobbo on June 30, 2021, 12:40:19 PM
whats with the love in for stirling , yes he scored but on 2 or 3 other occasions he tried to take on the whole german defence , refusing to pass . we really only started to play when grealish came on and not all down to him but his presence had an effect on the rest . i wish i could be more positive but we were boring beyond belief in the first half. sancho --- germanys player of the year 2 years on the trot not even given a run out .

Yeah that was very weird from Sterling wasn't it?

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Fulhamfan666 on June 30, 2021, 12:05:03 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on June 30, 2021, 11:41:37 AM

Agree 100% 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

hahahahaha clueless

We know you are, you don't have to boast about it.

Never forget your Roots.

Twig

Had you said they are weaker than some previous German squads - fine. But "very weak" - ridiculous comment.

Somerset Fulham

It doesn't matter if Germany were worse than San Marino (they're not), you can only beat what is in front of you.

And England did that, almost at a canter.

ALG01

Dear me. I just read this thread and can see most opeople have not a clue what is going on in a football match.

Germany are a good side but not what they were but yet have top class players and are dnagerous. Southgate picked a team to forst stop germany and then as the game wore on, use the squad to take the game to them. it worked very well, but there was not much in it. I am no great sterling fan and his performance was patchy BUT 3 goals in four games for a forward is brilliant and Kane scoring as he did showed the man's class.

we are like fulham a bit pedestrian for my liking but caution against germany is no bad thing. the first goal was always likely to be key and whilst muller should have equalised, pickfor, a keeper i do not rate, did brilliantly to put him off. in factpickford had a great game. i still worry about him but he has done well.

southgate gets lots of muck thrown at him but has done far better than most of his predecessors.

I have noted all four goals were scored in the penalty area, three inside the 6 yard box from crosses on the LHS and one about 8 yards out from a brilliant threaded pass.

most goals are scored inside the penalty area, players that shoot from distance trying to get the spectacular should be shown where the danger really comes from.

Simply91

Quote from: blingo on June 29, 2021, 05:49:49 PM
Anyone else see the parker ball tactics employed by England not suiting Harry kane?
Reminds me of parker ball not suiting mitrovic.

Yep. Southgate's tactics were awful and Kane didn't suit it. Oh no, wait

Also did Mitro not achieve his best ever scoring season with Parker during Parker's first full season in charge? You are right though, it didn't suit Mitro last season