watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

England, Parker ball and kane

Started by blingo, June 29, 2021, 05:49:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blingo

Anyone else see the parker ball tactics employed by England not suiting Harry kane?
Reminds me of parker ball not suiting mitrovic.

RaySmith

SP

I hope I'm wrong but I'm not confident, particularly with the yellow cards.

Cutler

The irony is that Southgate has built this England aquad around Jane, how bad is that?

Jules

Dreadful first half. Wrong tactics, no pace. Pedestrian Parker ball. Grealish, Sancho, Foden, Rashford all on bench. Kane has been woeful every game so far. Why play 2 defensive mids? Get the flair players on Southgate. Get at them!!!

RufusBrevettatemyhamster

Bloody hell....

I agree with someone  064.gif

What a save by pickford tho

Steeeeeeeeeed

Quote from: RufusBrevettatemyhamster on June 29, 2021, 06:14:31 PM
Bloody hell....

I agree with someone  064.gif

What a save by pickford tho

Yes, a fantastic save.

Otherwise Pretty poor first half, as I expected.

St. Andrews White

This reminds of the last Championship season. Loads or possession without doing anything with it!

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

The Intertoto might not exist anymore, but that doesn't matter. We'll still win it again.

St. Andrews White

Quote from: St. Andrews White on June 29, 2021, 06:31:45 PM
This reminds of the last Championship season. Loads or possession without doing anything with it!

Good timing that...

The Intertoto might not exist anymore, but that doesn't matter. We'll still win it again.

Jules

Better! Much better. Grealish creates again. Come on England

SP

Wingnut

Grealish and Sterling have been the difference. Germany have been very poor by their standards. Still can't believe Muller missed that chance. Just hope people don't lose the plot and think we are going to walk into the final.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

ron

_Putney_

FulhamKC

H3Matt

I see the similarity in tactics but the main thing I can see that Parker and Southgate have in common are not starting their best players. Fans screaming for Grealish to start or Sancho to come on reminds me of a certain Chinese and beer loving manager who froze out a certain Serbian striker and played Ivan Bloody Cavaleiro as a number 9.

Blawarmy

Quote from: Wingnut on June 29, 2021, 06:52:34 PM
Grealish and Sterling have been the difference. Germany have been very poor by their standards. Still can't believe Muller missed that chance. Just hope people don't lose the plot and think we are going to walk into the final.
Like the World Cup. Croatia was a free pass to some. They need to stay focused. I'll savour today though [emoji1303][emoji1303]

Twig

Well before the start of the tournament I was told Southgate was a "mid table Champnship manager at best", that we were light years behind Germany, France, Spain, that GS was clueless to stick with Sterling. Well we're still in it when some of those big names are out, we haven't conceded a single goal and Sterling has been bloody fantastic. I for one am buzzing! Come on England!!!

HV71

Quote from: Twig on June 29, 2021, 07:37:17 PM
Well before the start of the tournament I was told Southgate was a "mid table Champnship manager at best", that we were light years behind Germany, France, Spain, that GS was clueless to stick with Sterling. Well we're still in it when some of those big names are out, we haven't conceded a single goal and Sterling has been bloody fantastic. I for one am buzzing! Come on England!!!

I'm buzzing with you - but not like a " bee " if you get my drift !

filham

Hard to get excited about England's tactics but we won against Germany and are in the last eight , not the right time to be critical of the manager.