Main Menu

Tosin

Started by JoelH5, July 19, 2021, 10:54:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim©

Quote from: WestSussexWhite on July 21, 2021, 09:31:49 AM
Quote from: Count Flapula on July 21, 2021, 09:29:57 AM
Quote from: Jules on July 21, 2021, 08:48:59 AM
I agree, and if (and it's a big IF) Mawson can stay fit, I would play him LCB and Tosin RCB as our first choice pairing.

Fully agree this would be ideal IF Mawson fit. Hector and Ream at Champ level are class options too so we are well stacked in this area.

Let's not forget Kongolo, who I would argue is possibly the best CB we've got when fit!

I just hope he stays fit as I think he could prove to be one of the best bargain buys we've ever seen at the club. Family are Feyenoord fans and rate him really highly. 

Statto

I agree, and if (and it's a big IF) Mawson can stay fit, I would play him LCB and Tosin RCB as our first choice pairing.

Fully agree this would be ideal IF Mawson fit. Hector and Ream at Champ level are class options too so we are well stacked in this area.

Let's not forget Kongolo, who I would argue is possibly the best CB we've got when fit!

Depends as always on whether you judge the player on their form when fit and/or before joining Fulham, or just on what you've seen of them in a Fulham shirt with your own eyes.

I agree with others that on the latter metric, Tosin is probably our best CB along with Hector.

If you're going on how good they were before joining us and disregarding injuries, yes Kongolo would probably be the best, followed by Mawson (who was also excellent at Bristol for about ten games last season) but then on that measure, Knockaert and Seri would also be fantastic players. 

JimOG

Quote from: Jim© on July 21, 2021, 10:14:07 AM

I just hope he stays fit as I think he could prove to be one of the best bargain buys we've ever seen at the club. Family are Feyenoord fans and rate him really highly.

Agree on Kongolo - at his best he has shown real quality but a sequence, rather the odd injury would worry me if I were Silva.
If fit Kongolo LCB & Tosin RCB are our best option. I'm happy to give Mawson another chance albeit I cannot get his dreadful performance at Deepdale out of my mind. Similarly Hector who started last January looking every inch a class Prem CB but after Lockdown 1 had turned into a gibbering wreck way before the Prem loomed

Count Flapula

Quote from: Statto on July 21, 2021, 10:22:11 AM

Depends as always on whether you judge the player on their form when fit and/or before joining Fulham, or just on what you've seen of them in a Fulham shirt with your own eyes.

I agree with others that on the latter metric, Tosin is probably our best CB along with Hector.

If you're going on how good they were before joining us and disregarding injuries, yes Kongolo would probably be the best, followed by Mawson (who was also excellent at Bristol for about ten games last season) but then on that measure, Knockaert and Seri would also be fantastic players. 

Agree with all of that.

Statto

Quote from: JimOG on July 21, 2021, 10:25:30 AM
Similarly Hector who started last January looking every inch a class Prem CB but after Lockdown 1 had turned into a gibbering wreck way before the Prem loomed

The whole team was a gibbering wreck when we came back from lockdown #1 and got spanked by Brentford, then Leeds. Not sure why but rumours IIRC were that other clubs were more inventive than us in finding ways to keep the players fit and supervised whilst in isolation. But after that, for the last 10 games (inc play-offs) we were defensively very solid.