https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Cairney & Kongolo to miss start of the season

Started by Hatch007, July 30, 2021, 12:40:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: blingo on July 30, 2021, 11:37:00 AM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on July 30, 2021, 11:29:16 AM
I have been very impressed by the advancement of medical science and qualifications of Doctors on this site. So therefore does anybody on here have any knowledge of how to get rid of the Leeches I picked up recently whilst out on manoeuvres on the Zambezi river.
I have tried salt and also a blow torch and even tried playing songs by somebody called Lulu with her fish wife grated voice at a high volume but some of them are holding their own and won't budge.

Apparently if you've picked up crabs, and you stand on a mirror, they all jump off.

As for the leeches, try putting some money out in the garden. When you go out the leeches will go for the money and you can run back indoors and shut them out.

What about if I picked up an Octopus 🐙
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

blingo

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on July 30, 2021, 11:59:53 AM
I have been very impressed by the advancement of medical science and qualifications of Doctors on this site. So therefore does anybody on here have any knowledge of how to get rid of the Leeches I picked up recently whilst out on manoeuvres on the Zambezi river.
I have tried salt and also a blow torch and even tried playing songs by somebody called Lulu with her fish wife grated voice at a high volume but some of them are holding their own and won't budge.

Apparently if you've picked up crabs, and you stand on a mirror, they all jump off.

As for the leeches, try putting some money out in the garden. When you go out the leeches will go for the money and you can run back indoors and shut them out.

I'd leg it before it got amorous.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: blingo on July 30, 2021, 12:30:19 PM

On my last excursion I brought back a Mermaid or was it a Chambermaid, the memory fades.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Twig

To those writing off Kongolo and TC bear in mind that Silva is quoted as saying that; he hopes to have Kongolo back soon and that TC is not fully fit yet.  It doesn't sound all doom and gloom yet to me.

ALG01

Quote from: Twig on July 30, 2021, 01:56:24 PM
To those writing off Kongolo and TC bear in mind thta Silva is quoted as saying that; he opes to have Kongolo back soon and that TC is not fully fit yet.  It doesn't sound all doom and gloom yet to me.

The two are different and I am not sure what silva understands or whether his words can be taken as any more than he doesn't really know himself.
kongolo was a clear error because signing an injured player is always amassive risk. Mitroglu, mawson and now this one. the chances of seeing them play is very remote. I cannot imagine he will feature much if at all.

TC is different. Clearly he has a problem and he barely played last season and it is not clear whether he is trying to get fit and breaking down or needs a more physical intervention. Whatever is wrong with tom the club have kept it very quiet for a long time. The length of time he has already been out is a great concern.

keithh

I have fond memories of Tom but can now only envisage him in a rotating role who'll likely be targeted when playing and be injured again; so reluctantly I'd say let him go.

Pluto

I think Tom's issues are chronic aren't they? Hopefully he recovers enough to play a role in the bigger games this season. Squad is big enough that we can rest him where we need to.

Feel sorry for Kongolo. He has so much talent but has been so unlucky with injuries the last few seasons. Looked awesome when he actually played for us last season. I think the timeline was always August for him so really hoping he can get fully fit this time and but the injuries behind him.

Dr Quinzel

Who'd have thought it?

I saw people including these two in our best eleven for the season. I'd be surprised if we see 25 games between them.

Imperative we don't find ourselves relying on either, which for Kongolo is nothing new, but with TC is quite sad now.

The Rock

Thank goodness we have Mawson back ready to play 46 some odd games. What a relief.

blingo

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on July 30, 2021, 01:21:58 PM
Quote from: blingo on July 30, 2021, 12:30:19 PM

On my last excursion I brought back a Mermaid or was it a Chambermaid, the memory fades.

Mermaid, Chambermaid, lemonade, but my favourite is merry maid (remember them?)

AJW48361

Be amazed if Frank and Seri plays games us this season.

Cookie6262

So would I but I was wondering if the African nations cup was putting people off a little going for African players this summer... if we don't receive any bids I would be tempted to speak to them and say give us 6 months 100% and if we are not top 2 by January we will accept any bid.

Motspur Park

Quote from: The Rock on July 30, 2021, 04:04:08 PM
Thank goodness we have Mawson back ready to play 46 some odd games. What a relief.
This made me laugh.

Simply91

Quote from: Statto on July 30, 2021, 10:43:20 AM
Love all the armchair physios on here using their extensive knowledge of medicine and I assume some psychic powers to discern, through the medium of training ground photos, that Cairney's one injury is career ending whereas the 73 injuries suffered by Kongolo since he signed are all perfectly recoverable

:005:

perry geyton

It just says Cairney isn't fully fit as of yet
Hopefully it's just a fitness thing for being out so long

snarks

Saw TC after the game walking away from the ground and he was limping very slightly

Jamie88

Quote from: snarks on August 01, 2021, 02:07:04 PM
Saw TC after the game walking away from the ground and he was limping very slightly

That's the way he walks normally though isn't it? :)

Statto

Some detail on these two from Silva's press conference reported in the Athletic. On Kongolo:

"Silva said that while Kongolo has made progress, he is yet to train with the team and he can't give a date for when he will return."

Sounds like it'll be a while before he's ready to play his token one game for the season.

AJW48361

Wasn't good when TC was caught on the ski slopes earlier in the year when injured.