watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

2010 FoF awards proposal

Started by FC Silver Fox, December 23, 2010, 09:43:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FC Silver Fox

The time has come to select the categories and shortlist the candidates for the 2010 FoF awards.
I can think of  5 award categories:

Best new FoFer of the year.   He/she must have registered this year. Proposed selection criteria?  Most interesting/amusing posts?  most prolific?

Best NFR thread of the year.

Best Fulham thread of the year.

FoFer of the year. Candidate selection criteria?   Most prolific?  most new threads? Most interesting contribution?

Fofer lifetime achievement award.   For continued achievement since FoF started.

I'm sure you'll think of other awards and/or selection criteria for the above.
I'm hoping this will spark the interest of the great and good of this forum and they will run with the idea. Once we've agreed on the categories, the selection criteria and the shortlisted candidates, it will be easy to set up a vote.   Don't show all the results when you vote though. They should be released on 31st December.

Could be fun, don't you think?
Finn and Corked Hat, you are forever part of the family.

epsomraver

Quote from: FC Silver Fox on December 23, 2010, 09:43:27 AM
The time has come to select the categories and shortlist the candidates for the 2010 FoF awards.
I can think of  5 award categories:

Best new FoFer of the year.   He/she must have registered this year. Proposed selection criteria?  Most interesting/amusing posts?  most prolific?

FoFer of the year. Candidate selection criteria?   Most prolific?  most new threads? Most interesting contribution?

Fofer lifetime achievement award.   For continued achievement since FoF started.

I'm hoping this will spark the interest of the great and good of this forum and they will run with the idea. Once we've agreed on the categories, the selection criteria and the shortlisted candidates, it will be easy to set up a vote.   Don't show all the results when you vote though. They should be released on 31st December.

Sorry No, these things create divisions and confirm what a lot of  the crop of new posters think already that this forum is clicky, sorry but those are my feelings FC

Airfix

Grump of the year: epsomraver.

:005:

The Equalizer

Best Pancake On A Rabbit's Head: Airfix  :airfix:

"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

SmithyFFC

Best NFR thread of the year: Surely it has to be best looking woman over 40?!
FTID

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: FulhamFan2 on December 23, 2010, 10:00:24 AM
Best NFR thread of the year: Surely it has to be best looking woman over 40?!

No contest

The Equalizer

Best Waffle On A Rabbit's Head: The Equalizer
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Airfix

Quote from: The Equalizer on December 23, 2010, 10:12:35 AM

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

The Equalizer

Quote from: Airfix on December 23, 2010, 10:14:39 AM

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

MWAHAHAHA!!!   :59:

sipwell

Best Belgian poster of the year: sipwell    :005: :005: :005:
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

White Noise

Best match report

Funniest post/thread of the year

Best caption competition reply

The Yoda Award for wisest Foffer.

Poster you most like to read

Airfix

Quote from: The Equalizer on December 23, 2010, 10:15:55 AM

I'm stacking!

sipwell

Quote from: White Noise on December 23, 2010, 10:21:09 AM
Best match report

Funniest post/thread of the year

Best caption competition reply

Surely in cases like these there should be some kind of a shortlist from which to chose. Otherwise people will have to re-read all of this forum for the last year and will most likely follow the advice of one of the posters above them who actually has re-read all of this forum to make up his/her mind. The wise admins might make a shortlist of 5 threads or so from which to chose!

Blingo

Quote from: epsomraver on December 23, 2010, 09:49:59 AM
Quote from: FC Silver Fox on December 23, 2010, 09:43:27 AM
I can think of  5 award categories:

Best new FoFer of the year.   He/she must have registered this year. Proposed selection criteria?  Most interesting/amusing posts?  most prolific?

FoFer of the year. Candidate selection criteria?   Most prolific?  most new threads? Most interesting contribution?

Fofer lifetime achievement award.   For continued achievement since FoF started.

I'm hoping this will spark the interest of the great and good of this forum and they will run with the idea. Once we've agreed on the categories, the selection criteria and the shortlisted candidates, it will be easy to set up a vote.   Don't show all the results when you vote though. They should be released on 31st December.

Sorry No, these things create divisions and confirm what a lot of  the crop of new posters think already that this forum is clicky, sorry but those are my feelings FC

Of course it would be a good idea. It is light hearted banter not created to show how "clicky" this board is. Perhaps if people were to see the lighter side of life on here it would be better all around. Nothing like entering into the Christmas spirit eh? Go with it FC cos some people on here need to grow up and perhaps laugh a little instead of being so bl00dy miserable. Perhaps they should sleep with the fishes.  :007:

White Noise

Best young poster

Most improved poster
Most underrated poster

Poster you would most like to meet

The National Enquirer award for most thought provoking poster

Most eccentric poster

sipwell

White Noise

Agree with Sipwell that you need a shortlist of names for each award for people to vote for but responses need to be PM'd to the award organiser.

The award organiser should also choose which categories are included. I would suggest you don't want more than 14 or 15 or people are disinclined to spend the time responding.
If there is a clique on here its a pretty big one. There are well over 100 regular posters on here - by which I mean they post each week - and the mix of content and comment is more diverse than ever before. I don't see anything wrong with a bit of lighthearted back self referencing. It takes a lot to make a forum like this work from a standing start and the suggestion of awards like these would not have been possible before. Some recognition is due.

Lighthouse

This is a well run Message Board. So light hearted Xmas awards are fine but once we start formal nominations it all starts becoming a little worthy. Besides the only people who deserve thanks are those who make the site so well run.

So to all, thanks. The Lighthouse Award (available for a small payment) goes to them all.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

White Noise

Lighthouse is right. I withdraw all my previous comments.

The Equalizer

Quote from: Airfix on December 23, 2010, 10:23:27 AM
Quote from: The Equalizer on December 23, 2010, 10:15:55 AM

I'm stacking!

You spent all morning hunting that down didn't you? Not a good pick though so go back to the original.