more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Positives today

Started by SP, October 02, 2021, 02:22:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

filham

Quote from: grandad on October 02, 2021, 02:38:25 PM
Coventry over the whole game were quicker to the tackle, stronger on the ball but were aided by 2 game changing goals. The 1st was down to the Gazza, Ream, Onomah cock up & the non penalty for the 2nd.
We looked lethargic, leggy lacking in MF penetration or creativity. Onomah was dreadful. No pace, vision or drive. Kebano & Wilson gave nothing for Mitro . BDR needs dropping for a while . Cav needs his contract cancelling. Our CB partnership has to be Tosin & Mawson. They need games together to create a bond.

Tend to agree but think you are understating our plight and have let Robinson of the hook.

WolverineFFC

Quote from: grandad on October 02, 2021, 02:38:25 PM
Coventry over the whole game were quicker to the tackle, stronger on the ball but were aided by 2 game changing goals. The 1st was down to the Gazza, Ream, Onomah cock up & the non penalty for the 2nd.
We looked lethargic, leggy lacking in MF penetration or creativity. Onomah was dreadful. No pace, vision or drive. Kebano & Wilson gave nothing for Mitro . BDR needs dropping for a while . Cav needs his contract cancelling. Our CB partnership has to be Tosin & Mawson. They need games together to create a bond.

I just thinks BDR needs to be placed back out on the left wing. He is the club's best starting option out there. Putting him at the #10 with Fabio out hurts 2 attacking positions.

Not sure why, but he and Mitro just don't partner well in a 9 and 10 combination.

Luka

Quote from: ChesterTheTabby on October 02, 2021, 02:53:08 PM
Quote from: Luka on October 02, 2021, 02:49:16 PM
One positive for me and that is that is Siva will have seen what an imposter Robinson is......a league one player at best.

Yeah, alright... this might be the most insanely idiotic comment i've read in recent memory. He plays for the U.S. Men's National Team and won the Nation's Cup this year with his home nation and plays well for us generally. I don't see any League One players at the international level. Check yourself. He's a good Champ player, not the best or great, but he's fine for this league.

Suggest you check yourself ....."Not the best or great but fine for this league" ..... in my book.means bang average.

Fulham 442

The fact that I gave up, like the Fulham team, and decided to take the dog for a walk when their third goal went in!

Fulham 442

Quote from: Black and White Town on October 02, 2021, 02:55:46 PM
Quote from: FFC1987 on October 02, 2021, 02:27:22 PM
Mawson. The fact he's back, looks  fitter than ever whilst not losing power, can still pass a ball and I don't think other than a few misplaced passes, did anything wrong today?

Are you serious? He was abysmal
Yep I thought he was poor too

SP

Quote from: Fulham 442 on October 02, 2021, 03:38:25 PM
The fact that I gave up, like the Fulham team, and decided to take the dog for a walk when their third goal went in!

I hope the rain had stopped!

Fulham 442

Quote from: SP on October 02, 2021, 03:39:36 PM
Quote from: Fulham 442 on October 02, 2021, 03:38:25 PM

I hope the rain had stopped!
I'm in Spain!

andyk

I think Antonee Robinson, probably,  broke theworld record for the longest period of head shaking and muttering under his breath. 

Ruislip White

Quote from: FFC1987 on October 02, 2021, 02:27:22 PM
Mawson. The fact he's back, looks  fitter than ever whilst not losing power, can still pass a ball and I don't think other than a few misplaced passes, did anything wrong today?

I know people will say Reed because he ran around a lot, but he was mediocre first half and just looked ok because he worked hard second.
I think Reed had to do a lot of running and covering for Onomah, who is pedestrian at best.  He looked a different player once Seri came on.  Too late by then...

Southcoastffc

The only positive IMO - Onomah was subbed.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

cookieg

The fact we are still in the top 6 despite todays shower of crap.

FFC1987

Biggest positive. After some dross results and today's performance, being still 2 to 3 points off the top is a massive result....

LittleErn

I missed the game so don't have an opinion, but the range of views about players on this thread speaks volumes. Contributors seem to be thrashing about looking for scapegoats - let's hope Silva is able to make more sense of the performance and make the necessary repairs.

FFC1987

Scrap that. It's now 5 points, we're 5th and we're behind Stoke and Coventry. Tragic.

As for Mawson, I'll try and watch the highlights again but I did t think he was the issue in our back 4 out of the back 4. Ream was leggy and a liability all game.

shepperton white

Were there any positives at all?  The only ones I can think of is that hopefully Tete and Carvalho will have recovered in time for our next games. Our current form is erratic to say the least.  Eleven games in and we have already lost three.  That's not promotion form - we'd be lucky to get into the playoffs.  Hopefully Muniz can find some form, because if we lose Mitro for a game or two we could be the brown stuff

Woolly Mammoth

Positives ? let me have a think about it.
Well we are still in touch with the leading pack.
Glad Mawson got 90 mins, would like to see him next to Tosin.
Reed showed why he is a key player, and the fact that we currently cannot afford to start a match without Seri like we did today.
Most of the others apart from Mitro, Odio and Kebano will want to forget today in a very big hurry.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

perry geyton

Quote from: Southcoastffc on October 02, 2021, 02:24:11 PM
Quote from: Deeping_white on October 02, 2021, 02:22:52 PM
Hopefully the last time people ask for Onomah to start
With luck it will be the last time we see him in a Fulham shirt.  He was the catalyst for our poor loss.
Bit OTT he's had some good games this season, the whole team crap today

Gezza

Quote from: Deeping_white on October 02, 2021, 02:28:35 PM
Quote from: Worcesterwhite on October 02, 2021, 02:27:27 PM
Quote from: Southcoastffc on October 02, 2021, 02:24:11 PM
Quote from: Deeping_white on October 02, 2021, 02:22:52 PM
Hopefully the last time people ask for Onomah to start
With luck it will be the last time we see him in a Fulham shirt.  He was the catalyst for our poor loss.
I think if I was ream there may be a few words or two in the dressing room

The camera panned to him after it went in and he looked like he wanted to murder Onomah, which to be fair I would too if I were him

If I was Ream the only person I would be having worth with was myself. He had a shocking game.

F(f)CUK

Tosin might not be dropped. Ream had an absolute mare. Mawson was ok, but the defence was laughable.

Thames badger

Quote from: ChesterTheTabby on October 02, 2021, 02:53:08 PM
Quote from: Luka on October 02, 2021, 02:49:16 PM
One positive for me and that is that is Siva will have seen what an imposter Robinson is......a league one player at best.

Yeah, alright... this might be the most insanely idiotic comment i've read in recent memory. He plays for the U.S. Men's National Team and won the Nation's Cup this year with his home nation and plays well for us generally. I don't see any League One players at the international level. Check yourself. He's a good Champ player, not the best or great, but he's fine for this league.

This the Robinson who nearly signed AC Milan Once?