more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Travel disruption for Cardiff match

Started by Southcoastffc, October 17, 2021, 06:06:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Southcoastffc

Here we (don't ) go again!  :016:

Fans are advised that Putney Bridge tube station will close at 9pm on Wednesday 20th October.

Those attending our match with Cardiff City are advised to plan their journeys home in advance, with Hammersmith tube and Putney train station the nearest alternatives.

Chelsea also have a home fixture on Wednesday evening, so it is anticipated that the District Line will be considerably busier than usual.

We therefore strongly suggest that supporters aim to get to Craven Cottage in plenty of time ahead of kick-off.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

EricB

Wow, I had not realised that both us and Chelsea are at hone on the same night. I can't remember the last time that happened. It is going to be a nightmare, especially with Wandsworth bridge down to one Lane each way.

Ged

Quote from: EricB on October 17, 2021, 11:14:35 PM
Wow, I had not realised that both us and Chelsea are at hone on the same night. I can't remember the last time that happened. It is going to be a nightmare, especially with Wandsworth bridge down to one Lane each way.
We've played on the same day but not at roughly the same time  since the 1960s as far as I know

Jims Dentist

Quote from: Southcoastffc on October 17, 2021, 06:06:16 PM
Here we (don't ) go again!  :016:

Fans are advised that Putney Bridge tube station will close at 9pm on Wednesday 20th October.

Those attending our match with Cardiff City are advised to plan their journeys home in advance, with Hammersmith tube and Putney train station the nearest alternatives.

Chelsea also have a home fixture on Wednesday evening, so it is anticipated that the District Line will be considerably busier than usual.

We therefore strongly suggest that supporters aim to get to Craven Cottage in plenty of time ahead of kick-off.
So it's open before the match, but not after?

Jims Dentist

So a walk to Parsons Green may be a good idea.?

RaySmith

Best to use Hammersmith tube it seems - not  much further than Putney Bridge.

The Cravenette

I wonder if it is the whole of the District line or just Putney Bridge?  I would be surprised if Fulham Broadway closed on a night Ch***** were at home.  Putney Bridge closing sounds like the Police trying to avoid Fulham fans going home with the Ch***** lot.

The Cravenette

The traffic in an out will be a nightmare!

Southcoastffc

Quote from: The Cravenette on October 18, 2021, 09:50:58 AM
I wonder if it is the whole of the District line or just Putney Bridge?  I would be surprised if Fulham Broadway closed on a night Ch***** were at home.  Putney Bridge closing sounds like the Police trying to avoid Fulham fans going home with the Ch***** lot.
My thoughts exactly.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Arthur

Quote from: The Cravenette on October 18, 2021, 09:50:58 AM

Closing Putney Bridge prevents trains arriving at Fulham Broadway tube, post-match, that are too full for Ch***ea supporters to board. TfL and Police want to avoid having to hold thousands of Ch***ea supporters, who would normally step straight onto the incoming trains, on the platform and outside the station for half-an-hour. With their crowd being double the size of ours, and both Hammersmith tube and Putney overground being not that much further away, I can see why this decision has been taken.

G_Gribby

We can of course also ad the probably decent numbers of Swedish Malmö FF supporters travelling in.
I've noticed that some already came this weekend and was at Craven Cottage to support Fulham.
Only Sweden has Swedish gooseberries.

RaySmith

Quote from: G_Gribby on October 18, 2021, 01:59:40 PM
We can of course also ad the probably decent numbers of Swedish Malmö FF supporters travelling in.
I've noticed that some already came this weekend and was at Craven Cottage to support Fulham.

Fulham seem to have a lot of Scandinavian fans, travelling in to watch us play.

I was  chatting to one in a bar at an away game - I think it was  Hull.

filham

Time we built that pier to give a direct route to the Cottage, meanwhile the chairman's yacht with it's helipads could be put to good use.